“BEST PLACE IN LONDON”

Ranked #218 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Salalah, Oman
“BEST PLACE IN LONDON”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was on a business trip to London and decided to take my wife and family there as well, company booked studio but the hotel upgraded me to 1 bed room to better accommodate the family, great place in every aspect. bus station is right in the front of the hotel, subway is walking distance. to sum things up, great location and best staff I have ever seen. Thank for great stay and looking forward to be there again this coming November.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a room with balcony, may you can ask that for better view of the river ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yasser E
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Yasser E,

Thank you very much again for your lovely comment about your stay at Plaza on the River.

I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our teams customer service.
I am looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in November.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked this trip to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday...a little mum and daughter time!
What can I say...other than superb!
Gabriella Kolber, very kindly offered me a delightful one bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the 'Thames' at a discounted rate to acknowledge the occasion and we were not disappointed!
The suite was fantastic, we couldn't have wished for more...even down to a washing machine, which makes 'travelling light' easy!
The housekeeping staff were so lovely...even placing rose petals on her bed in the form of '18'!
Great time, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sugarplum66
Dear sugarplum66,

I am extremely happy to read you praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services!

We hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back on your birthday to Plaza on the River Club and Residence very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We live in London but I wanted to make our (first) wedding night a bit special after the ceremony, dinner and a great night out on the town, and I chose this hotel with its reputed fabulous views across the River as a surprise for my new wife. Just a short taxi ride from the West End, it was a perfect place to return to after a great night out. Well, we weren't disappointed by the early morning views from our balcony, which were completely stunning, but were also really impressed by how well we were looked after by Aneta and all the staff at Plaza. They were incredibly thoughtful from start to finish, and all the additional little touches made our stay perfect. This is a great hotel. Our suite was luxurious, rather huge with a perfect river view and a perfect ambience, and it was completed by the fabulous staff who went the extra mile at every turn to see we enjoyed our time with them. Five stars.

Room Tip: If you are fortunate to book when it is not so busy, the North facing rooms give the best views acro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve V
Dear Steve V,

We are very proud that the location and the ambience of our hotel as well as the service you received for us prompted you to write.

I was delighted to read that we were able to meet your expectations and made your special wedding night memorable, even going beyond the value you expected. Nothing is more motivating than reading words like yours.
Thank you very much for mentioning Aneta’s customer service skills. I am thrilled to see her hard work is appreaciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Waco, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were in London on vacation. I picked this hotel because of the views and amenities. It gets no better than this! Breathtaking views of Thames, Parliament and Big Ben.
Excellent location for touring on foot. Beautiful hotel! Excellent staff throughout the hotel! Great food! A++++ all the way. Didn't want to leave! Thank you all at your Great Hotel!!!! Get room 1056!!

Room Tip: Room 1056 a must!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jane h
Dear jane h,

Thank you for writing to us and we are pleased to read of your satisfaction whilst staying with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was in London for business and stayed a few extra days to catch up with the beautiful city of London ( I studied there in college). I picked this hotel blind via Hotwire or similar site based on proximity to some of the must-sees and the river and was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful and modern hotel. It was a beautiful and easy walk to Big Ben, Parliament, London Eye, Tower Bridge, etc. and a great view of the river from my window. The staff was courteous and very helpful. I also liked that the hotel is on the quieter side of the river and not directly in the hustle and bustle of the tourist attractions. It was several blocks to the nearest tube station (I was on foot). Loved it!
One additional note, I gave the hotel 5 stars for value, but as mentioned above, I did not pay full price, but found it via a discount travel site.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sallymayday612
Dear sallymayday612,

Thank you very much for your review and we were delighted to read your comments with regards to your last stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your stay and have lovely memories of London.

Feel free to contact us in the near future if you decide to return to book yet another room overlooking the River Thames.

Kindest Regards,
Baiting Hollow, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2013

There on business, so just a short walk to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the Nautical Institute. The plus was an incredible view of the River Thames, Big Ben, and Parliament with a short walk to Westminster Abbey and The Eye. Convenient to everything with great restaurants. For the ambitious it is a pleasurable walk to St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, the Admiralty Arch and Trafalgar Square. Plenty of nearby shopping, too. The suite was more than spacious and housekeeping first rate. The staff were very helpful and the business center offered every convenience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank eastendLI
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear eastendLI,

Thank you for reviewing and staying with us at Plaza on the River – Club & Residence. I am pleased to hear that you found us conveniently located for your daily commute to the IMO Headquarters and that you found the apartment spacious.

It is also a delight to hear you found the view of the River Thames a pleasurable one especially given the field in which you work, it is always a delight to have IMO guests stay with us and we really do value your positive feedback.

I have passed on your feedback to the Housekeeping team along with the Business Centre and my team here at the front desk, all of whom strive to meet and exceed guests expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and very much look forward to seeing you again when your next in London.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently gave 5 stars to small and cheap B&B and yet have to give 4 to Plaza. No question, Plaza beats B&B in every aspect, but it also cost over 10 times more. And I'm not sure I got more than 10 times worth for my money.
I booked 2 nights in river view room about 6 weeks in advance and asked for room with balcony. We didn't get one and were offered no explanation. Not a problem, the view was still breathtaking, specially at night. There was enough space, floor to ceiling windows provided natural light, kitchen was well equipped, dishes provided.
On their website they say that one bedroom apartments have bathrooms with bath, to my dissapointment we didn't have one. Bathroom was smallish and water was leaking under the door of shower cube. Not a major problem either.
Could nag about the internet. They offer free broadband and WiFi in the room but the speed is 256 kbps. In 2013????? If you want or need higher speeds you have to pay extra.
We were told that check out time is 12.00. Shortly after 10 phone rang briefly and I didn't have time to answer. Few minutes later there was a knock on the door and a guy saying he has to paint the bathroom... Told him we're leaving at noon and got sincere apology from him. Another knock around eleven, this time it was chambermaid who wanted to prepare the room for next quests. Told her we're leaving at noon and got sincere apology from her. Few minutes before 12 we had third knock from different chambermaid, we got the hint and grabbed our bags :)
This last part I find bit strange for a five star hotel, can't they check have the quests actually left already. Since we were bit of a hurry we didn't bring up the issue. Other than that I can only say good things about staff, very proffessional and very polite.

Room Tip: Rooms with river view are more expensive but it's worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank riivor
Dear riivor,
Thank you for reviewing and staying with us at Plaza on the River – Club & Residence. I am pleased your stay with us was an enjoyable one however I am disappointed you felt you did not receive value for money compared to the aforementioned Bed & Breakfast you compared us to. We are ideally located only a stones throw away from Big Ben & the Palace of Westminster that leads onto the city of London and all the major attractions.

You mention a request for a room with a balcony and I can only apologise that this was not confirmed or explained upon your check in. We have two room categories that show on our website, these being, ‘Riverview Suite’ & ‘Balcony&Riverview Suite’. Whilst we strive to meet guests ‘requests’ it is not always possible especially when it comes to requests for Riverview and balcony apartments should a guest not book these in the first instance. Being a very popular, convenient and ideally located apartment hotel we have many new, regular and long stay guests and the Riverview & Balcony Riverview sell first and very quickly. I have actioned your feedback with my team and we have a new scheme in place to verify and liaise with guests pre-arrival in relation to such requests for Riverview and in your case Balcony Riverview to avoid disappointment as such as yours upon arrival.

Internet is complimentary for basic browsing such as checking email, facebook and google etc. Should a guest wish to upload/download at any given time above 2.5mb then 24 hour access is chargeable. Your feedback has been raised with our operations manager for review. We do however feel we offer a very competitive price for high speed internet access given the prices that are charged by our competitors, some in excess of 20.00GBP for 24 hours.

It is very disturbing to hear that you felt rushed from your apartment and I can assure you this is not common practice here at Plaza on the River – Club & Residence and I sincerely apologise for this and I will raise the issue with both the Maintenance Manager and our Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased overall you had a pleasant stay with us and found the room light and spacious with breathtaking views of the river, your feedback will be addressed and should you be visiting London again please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel so that I can ensure any requests you have are fully met.