“Fantastic level of service”

Plaza on the River - Club and Residence
Ranked #214 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic level of service”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the moment I got here the level of service has been utterly fantastic. Firstly we got upgraded to a luxury apartment.....which was beautiful, from the comfortable beds to the magnificent and rather decadent bathroom. Throughout my stay I was dealt with by Aneta Brombosz and her team. I have to say, the level of service was out of this world, made my one night stay so easy and enjoyable, everything and anything I wanted was organised electrically fast. Will I be staying again........you bet ya!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NickBaldev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
glendale
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Plaza on the River with our 2 children in a 1 bedroom suite. The view from our 7th floor room was OUTRAGEOUS! In the evening, Big Ben is beautifully lit up and during the day, you can see everything. It was a treat to just stay in the hotel.

The pull-out couch in the livingroom is definitely NOT comfortable but the view was far better than from the bedroom. The unit was very clean and updated, tastefully decorated. Bathroom was spacious. We even had a balcony that would have been lovely to use if the weather wasn't so cold.

The in-house restaurant downstairs was good. There is a small grocery store around the corner that was very convenient.

Concierge was helpful and friendly...

Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: River view on higher floor!! I would HIGHLY encourage everyone to get a view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank reviewingmom
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear reviewingmom,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at the Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

I am extremely happy to note that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our One-bedroom apartment with River view and its facilities.

It is nice to learn that you were satisfied with our services & facilities in the nearby area.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future for your next stay and hopefully the weather will be better.

Best regards,
Maisons-Laffitte, France
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. There was a little noise in the morning from construction work going on in the building next to the hotel and some early morning barking from, presumably, the guard dog on the site, but generally nothing to disturb our sleep or stay. The room was clean with good facilities (hob, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave) though we had no use for these. We used the gym, which was adequately equipped and refreshingly empty, and ate one evening in the restaurant, Chino Latino, which was fantastic. There were a few small niggles/observations, but nothing to spoil our overall enjoyment e.g. the coffee capsules weren't replenished after the 1st day, the turn-down service (with the free chocolates) was only provided on the 2nd evening - surely if you are paying for 3 nights you should have this every night? and every time we passed reception when somebody was checking in these people received a free glass of champagne - we didn't get this! Staff were friendly and welcoming. Would recommend the hotel and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank StourGrove
Dear StourGrove,

Thank you for your review and your lovely comments about the staff across the hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

I am truly sorry that you had some consistency issues with the housekeeping services during your stay. Your comments have been forwarded to the Executive Housekeeper to review to avoid this in the future.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the future and enjoy a glass of Champagne upon arrival.

Kind regards,
Stockholm
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a fantastic stay here in a two-room suite with a fantastic view of the Thames and parliament building. Was only staying for one night but could easily imagine coming back to stay here again - especially for for longer durations. My apartment (although with the comfort and design of a luxury hotel suite) was very welcoming, clean and warm. Great desk, fantastic selection in the "large" mini bar.

Didn't have a chance to try out any spa or gym this time around so can't comment on that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MrPontus
Dear MrPontus,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I do hope you’ll be able to join us for a longer stay on your next visit and try one of our gym facilities.

Kind regards,
Herts, ENGLAND
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi - Spent one night there at the weekend and I would definitely recommend this hotel. Checking in was quick, the girl at reception was polite and efficient. Our room on the 7th floor was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that as we stayed at the weekend, there were noises in the street till around 2-3am, and even though we were on the 7th floor, we could hear people scream, etc...
Nice bathroom with a shower and a bath.
In the evening, we had a couple of drinks at the bar. That's where my only complaint is: the staff are so slow! It takes ages to get served, even if you are standing at the bar. They seem more interested in talking to each other than serving customers! The same happened at breakfast in the morning. It took several attempts to get a cup of coffee!!! They just don't seem interested in walking around and serving people. Breakfast itself was good though, even though, again, they were very slow are refilling the hot buffet!!
Still, I would recommend this hotel if you want to stay in that area of London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nites at the Plaza On the River hotel mid March. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the river. The suite and view were very nice. Having 2 bedrooms was more then enough space for a family of 4. Having a washer/dryer in the room was a bonus. Just wished the hotel included instructions on how to use. Rooms were clean but did notice the lack of lamps. Not that they were needed but most hotels have lamps beside the bed. Thought it was a little odd. Ordered room service and it was pretty bad. Ate breakfast at the hotel as it was included in rate. Breakfast was ok and like other reviews we grew tired of the selection.

Requested baby cot was already set up in the room when we checked in. And hotel restaurant had highchairs. There is a mini market down the street from the hotel.

Will stay here again as the staff were friendly, large suites and great location. Unfortunately there wasn't a large selection of restaurants close by and which was difficult with 2 toddlers.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank shoefly
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear shoefly,

Thank you for your review, I’m glad you and your family enjoyed our Two-bedroom apartment with River view.

I’m sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our Room Service. I have forwarded your comment to our Executive Head Chef to look into it.

I hope we can welcome you back soon tin the future.

Regards,
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great hotel! I stayed for 2 nights in one of the apartments overlooking the Thames and its iconic surroundings. I was accompanied by my wife and 2 young children of 6 and 4. As soon as we arrived to the hotel a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere was felt. After being escorted to the checking in desk we were met by one of the cheerful, courteous and presentable staff members, Justyne. She was an excellent ambassador for the hotel and I was very appreciative that she interacted with my children and made them feel as equally guests at the hotel as I did. She further explained services and prices that were on offer and offered us a reduced rate to upgrade for a room with a balcony. I was pleased that I had accepted this offer because the views were amazing. As we had arrived earlier then the designated check in time our bags were checked in and was told if a room became available earlier that we will be notified. So due to the ideal location we took advantage to walk along the Thames and take in the sights within close proximity. Within 30 minutes I was informed that a room was ready and my bags will be sent up 2 hours before what I was entitled too. Ironically due to the position of the Hotel we were caught up in easily accessible sights and tourist attractions on our agenda i.e. London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Houses of Parliament, and Leicester Square. On an evening return to the Hotel the ambiance was set by the attractive and modern incorporated bar being enjoyed by families, couples and friends alike. As promised my luggage was delivered to the suite. I was impressed with the standard of the room. It was clean, perfectly decorated and facilitated with all the modern conveniences’. However this was eclipsed by the over whelming view of a neon lit London. We decide to eat at the superb Pan Asian hotel restaurant. The food was authentic and delicious, with a great children’s menu without the usual dumbed down and unimaginative offerings some restaurants provide. Again the waiting staff was engaging to all nationalities and maintained a respectful and professional demeanour with impeccable service. After a wonderful meal it was time to retire for the night. When we closed the door to our suite it felt like we were the only residents as there was no noise, random banging or late revellers returning being geographically challenged for their room. With a good night’s sleep we were ready for the second day. At breakfast we had decided for the continental option (£10 for adults, £5 for children) and the choice was more than sufficient. A well maintained selection of cereal, pastries, fruit, salmon, yogurts, meat, cheeses, fresh juices and more. This could be extended to a cooked option for the “Full English” desirers for £16. Again, there was no change with the staffs’ attention to detail. Set up for the day, we headed by foot for another day in the city. There was still so much to see, do and enjoy by foot if you enjoy walking as opposed to using public transport. On being exhausted by the busy days we felt confident enough to enjoy the suites facilities and relax for the remainder of the evening. Despite there being a large wedding being held at the hotel there was no impact or inconvenience to our stay. Once again peaceful night and an energising breakfast followed. With it now being Easter Sunday the staff had organised a more than impressive egg hunt. This was not a token effort and the staffs’ enthusiasm was clearly on display to ensure all the children had an experience to remember. Unfortunately the time had come to check out (1200hrs) which was easy and hassle free. I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay and if I had any dissatisfaction about any part of the weekend. Even to the end the level of service was outstanding. Asked if I would require a taxi by a member of staff by the name of Emelson, he arranged it so that a taxi was ready for me and my family on completion of checkout. Further to this he assisted with the loading of our baggage and safe departure from the hotel. My only negative point was with it being a 5* hotel you do encounter some diva moments from self-absorbed guests and witness the most disgraceful acts of rudeness towards staff. Despite this I will be back in August to celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 856, amazing view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank benrookwood
Dear benrookwood,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and for adding another 5 star rating.

My colleagues and I are delighted to hear that you had a fabulous weekend away. I am delighted to hear that many departments and staff members are being mentioned in your review as a proof that we provided such a wonderful experience for you. This is truly our aim for all our guests.
I am delighted you mentioned our Children Menu, which we have only recently introuced. Your comments are forwarded to the Chino Latino Brand Manager, with pleasure.
I’m pleased you enjoyed our facilities and we are looking froward welcoming you back in August.

Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your reservation, where we would be happy assisting you with any special requests for yoru 10th anniversary.

Kind regards