“Excellent hotel, excellent location.”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #267 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked this hotel/apartment through Lastminute.com secret hotels. So when we found out the location we were very pleased. It is a stones throw away from Big Ben and tube links are near by. Price was Ok (as we'd got a secret hotel discount). We actually had an apartment on the top floor. It was very clean, and modern and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Enjoyed a recent stay at this hotel. far enough out of the centre of London to be quiet but near enough for sight seeing and entertainment. Check in was a breeze and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We didn't get the opportunity to dine in the restaurant as our show didn't finish until 10.15 and the restaurant closed at 10.30. The bar was lively and staff very efficient. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank YoshisMum
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Always a pleasure, customer service second to none. An instant favourite and would recommend to anyone. I have visited many times and intend to return very soon. The reward scheme is good if you are a frequent visitor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights as the last stop on our honeymoon in Europe. The hotel sprinkled red rose petals in the room which was thoughtful. We were offered a glass of Moet at check-in which is always welcome:)

Good Points:
- room is beautiful and spacious with a great view of the river Thames.
- bathroom is spacious and elegantly designed.
- Nespresso machine in the kitchen
- A high-tea is included which can be served in your room
- Excellent and varied breakfast
- The room service menu is varied and the food is good
- Unlimited bottled water- Voss
Bad Points:
- Only one desk for check-in, check-out, queries and problems. We ended up waiting for quite a long time to both check-in and check-out.

Overall an excellent hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rini9

Fantastic hotel...
Will deffinately stay here again...
Will deffinately book it through an agent again as my nephew paid almost £700 for the exact same room as us when he booked direct & we paid just under £300!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Outstanding, great service and friendliness by the staff. Super restaurant! Excellent situated overlooking Themsen and Big Ben! Short walking distance to the Tube (Vauxall station). Perfect suite for a family of 2+3

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this recently - October 2012. It was really nice. Normally I stay at Park Plaza West minister bridge which is nice but I started staying at Park plaza county hall more often because I found it better. I have never considered Park Plaza on the River - Huge mistake! I think from now on I will start staying here. It was really nice, the staff were amazing. I had a couple of friends staying over after our dinner and they made the sofa bed for them.
As a club carlson member I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The only downside was being given one cupcake which I had to share with my chums :)

I'm a germophobe but this place was clean and met my standards. I had a lovely view of the River Thames!

Room Tip: Show your club carlson card
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear girlylondongirl,

Thank you very much for your comments about Plaza on the River and I am happy to see that you have chosen Plaza on the River Club and Residence as your London-base.

All my colleagues are happy to deliver exceptional service to ensure all our guests are enjoying their stay with us.

I would be happy to see you again in the future at Plaza on the River.

Kind regards,