“Apartment in the city”

Ranked #220 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Manila, Philippines
“Apartment in the city”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment. It was spacious and the facilities were good! The toilet and bath was a good size, and they provided the usual hotel toiletries. The kitchen was also well equipped. The unit was cleaned everyday.
The reception staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs. The residence wing had a separate reception area on the ground floor.
The hotel restaurant, Chinos, served very good food, so we had many meals there.
Beside the hotel there is a convenience store, where we were able to get most of the grocery items we needed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingFamily2000
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear TravellingFamily20,

I would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

I am glad to hear that our apartments and services are suits your needs and would love to see you again with us.

Please feel free to contact us should need any assistance reserving any rooms for you.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just back from Plaza on the River. It was a family break for 2 adults and 2 children. The suites are well furnished and very comfortable. There are two televisions and two DVD players which keep everyone happy. The location is perfect with just a short walk to Westminster. The staff are excellent, efficient and most of all friendly. That was our second visit and will definitely be returning. We only had one tiny disappointment and that was on both visits we didn't get a room with a view. Well done Plaza on the River. Until we stay again ......

Room Tip: Try to secure a room with a view, fabulous location.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Silvergems
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Family Silvergems,

Thank you very much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your second stay and that the Two-bedroom apartment suited your needs.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team or myself directly prior to your next visit in order to secure a Two bedroom apartment at the front of the building, overlooking to the River.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Newcastle
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Husband and I stayed 4 nights and ours was an exceptional experience. Room great but the standout feature are the Staff. So obliging. No request was too great. The hotel is close to transport with the tube and bus station a few minutes walk. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SKINewcastle
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear SKINewcastle,

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to write to us.
We are very glad that you had a great experience and your were satisfied with the service and the room.
We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel was a few minutes of walk from Westminster, right on the river Thames. The staff was friendly and nice, the room was big and clean.
The TV was great, it had a lot of channels, even the italian RAI.
The breakfast was good, but the lounge was a little crowded in the late morning, so I suggest to go for breakfast early.
The surroundings were a bit noisy, we had the window on the railway that runs behind the hotel.
It's a hotel for businessmen rather than for tourists, but the room had all the comforts and the bathroom had both the bathtube and the shower. The bed was big and comfortable. I'll be back again!

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Hana1983,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment about your recent stay at Plaza on the River Club and Residence. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please accept my apology for the level of noise coming from outside.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future in our hotel for business or leisure.

Please feel free to contact us directly in order to secure a lovely apartment at the front of the building overlooking to the river.
I look forward welcoming you back when hopefully I can meet you personally.

Manchester UK
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel is about a ten minute walk from Vauxhall rail and tube station. On one side of the hotel is the Park Plaza Riverbank and the other side, separated by the lounge and bar, is the Plaza on the River. Check in was easy and smooth and as I am a Carlson member I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The 10th floor suite was excellent with fantastic views of the river and the west of London. Didn’t have the Houses of Parliament view but non-the less the view was magnificent.

The small kitchenette had everything you could think of to live comfortably in the suite. Washer, dishwasher, cooker, microwave, fridge, mini bar, coffee machine and I could go on….

Two large flat screen TV’s, movie systems, iPod dock, iron and in room safe. The lounge was spacious with dining table & chairs, 2 seater settee and working desk. Wi-Fi was free.

The bathroom was very spacious. Large bath with shower, separate shower room, double sinks and towels and toiletries a plenty. The bedroom was again spacious with the glorious views of the river, large wardrobes and plenty of cupboards. Comfortable bed and pillows and being a separate room assisted in a good nights sleep. We could hear the guests in the next room when in the lounge as we had an adjoining room.

The service in the hotel was first class and I dined in the lounge area and can recommend the steak baguette. If you need to dine in then only two minutes walk is a basic Londis supermarket attached to the petrol station. There are a small number of pubs, cafes and a deli not too far away.

The Plaza on the River is one of the better hotels I have stayed at in the UK.

Would I recommend it to friends and family….. most definitely.
Would I stay here again…. Of course

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear ajhaeh,

Thank you very much for your detailed comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Plaza on the River Club and Residence. I hope your honest comment will attract many new clients for us.

I will pass on your feedback to the chef regarding the steak baguette.

I trust we will able to welcome you back in the future when I can personally thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent four nights during June and were equally as impressed as we were during our stay last year. Once again we stayed in a one-bedroom apartment - which whilst it didn't have the same view of Big Ben and Parliament as we had previously - was still good. It was a business trip so it was great to have the space for both my husband and I to be able to work at a desk / table and not feel cramped. The standard of the furnishings is good and the service helpful. My only slight regret is that the Tube station is not closer - but in reality it is only about a 10-15 minute walk! This is not a cheap place to stay in London - but 'you get what you pay for'! and this is very comfortable. A room with a balcony with views of the Thames is worth the extra $$s.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear FussyGuest2008,

Thank you very much for placing a review about your stay. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future either for business or pleasure.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team or myself directly prior to your next visit, so we can offer you the best available rates as well as any offers we have that time.

I trust we will be able to secure you a lovely apartment overlooking to the river Thames.

I look forward welcoming you back at Plaza on the River.

NC
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Plaza on the River is in the same building as the Park Plaza Riverbank. As a Club Carlson Gold member, we were upgraded to a fantastic one-bedroom suite with a view of the Thames (booked with points). The check-in desk is to the right as you enter. It's actually a desk and not a counter, so it felt very personal. I had contacted the hotel a few days prior with some requests, and everything was ready for us as soon as we arrived. (Thank you, Gabriella!)

The suite was huge and had a separate living area and bedroom, each with a large LCD. The living area had a kitchenette with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, and dining table. There was a fridge and washer/dryer that was integrated into the cabinetry. There was also a Nespresso machine. Bathroom was also very large with separate tub and shower with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. The bedroom door swung all the way out to separate the bedroom/bathroom from the living area. Crib for our 10-month son was brought up promptly. Having a separate room for your baby to sleep in is a blessing.

As you exit the hotel, Parliament and Big Ben is right across the river. We walked across Lambeth bridge to get to Westminster pretty easily. Although it is a little outside the city center, Vauxhall is the closest Tube stop to the south, and it's really less than a 10-minute walk. However, don't expect to be close to many restaurants and shops in this area. The hotel itself has a hip, Asian restaurant called Chino Latino. My wife was able to try the sushi here and enjoyed it.

The washer/dryer was a little hard to work, but besides that, everything was terrific. I became quite ill while I was there, and the staff went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. The hotel even had an on-call doctor, who was ridiculously expensive, but I had no other choice. Gabriella and the entire staff provided exceptional customer service the whole time, and it was very much appreciated. Hotel is an excellent home base to explore London.

Room Tip: Get a riverview room - it's worth it
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NourishingGrace
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear NourishingGrace ,

First of all thank you very much for your lovely comment about your recent stay at Plaza on the River Club and Residence.
Secondly I hope you fully recovered and feeling better now.
I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us and that you were pleased with the services provided by our staff, especially Guest Relations Team.

Please feel free to contact myself or the Guest Relations Team prior to your next visit to arrange another room overlooking to the River Thames.

I look forward welcoming you back with us in the near future.