Plaza on the River
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
1,679 results
All reviewschino latinoriver viewbig benone bedroom suitelondon eyevauxhall stationpark plaza riverbankalbert embankmentwashing machinea small grocery storeroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfull kitchenvictoria lineguest relationsstar hotelbuilding work
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We recently stayed in the Albert Embankment Hotel in London in Feb, in one of the 1 bedroom appartment.The reception on arrival was very good and professional, as you would expect from a very good hotel in London. Our room was very elegant and clean.

Our stay had been planned since October, as part of our Valentines break, and we soon left for our dinner reservation. We got back to our room approximately around 12am, where we got greeted by a heat of 29 degrees (as the hotel provides thermometers in the rooms).
We tried to reduce the heat by engaging the air conditioning, which we found out later from the front desk, does not work in the winter (as only providing hot air).

We called the reception to provide a solution and help at approx 12.30am, who confirmed they would send someone.By 1.30am, we still had not seen anyone. We therefore called again, to no avail and had to call again approx 2.15am.

The only help the staff member could provide was to open the windows, as locked for safety requirements.
Having required a quite room (as per the booking in October), we then realised (when the first trains started running at 5.30am), that our quiet room was in fact the closest to a major train line in the hotel. I do not have to say that between 2.15 and 5.30, we did not get much sleep, which is appalling when you consider the number of different hotels we could have chosen in London.

The next morning, we went to the reception in order to review our situation with the receptionist. She confirmed that she was sorry and could only provide us with a free breakfast (£15 per person).
We therefore asked to meet the manager in order to explain our issues who after a long a varied conversation, confirmed that our complaint was not serious enough (her exact words) to offer any other compensation than a free upgrade (according to availability on our next stay).
Her exact words: I can give you a free stay but your complaint is not serious enough so you will only receive this free upgrade.
We did clearly explain that in those circumstances there would not be a next time (to which she said it is our problem).

Our overall feeling and perception about this hotel were great prior to our stay and actual accommodation was great but after our stay we can only say that the overall service and customer support has been so appalling with dealing with our request that we can only say at the moment, we will never stay in our of your hotels again.

Room Tip: ask for a river view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Froggylondon2
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear FroggyLondon,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you with regards to the room being too hot. I know that my Team has explained how our system works however I would personally like to apologise for the way in which we handled the issue and I have ensured that all our Heads of Department have received your feedback and remedial training is currently taking place.

With regards to the request of a River view unfortunately this is only ever a request and cannot be guaranteed unless that room type is booked at the initial reservation stage.

After reviewing your hotel invoice I have seen that the hotel team made an adjustment on the day and furthermore we have offered a 25% discount off your rate and a complimentary upgrade to a River view on your next stay.

We do look forward to welcome you back in the near future and please do contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights and had ajoining rooms for 6 guests. Bags of room with lounge areas and bedrooms. Great service and excellent location.
Just need to sort out air conditioning as rooms hot in winter

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 622MDP622
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear 622,
Thank you for your email and comments on Trip Advisor. Very please to read that your Family enjoyed our hospitality and that the location was of benefit. We are currently looking into ways of improving our air conditioning which at times do not allow us exactly what we would like to offer. However I'm sure you will not let this spoil your decision to not return?!
Have a pleasant weekend and we are looking forward to see you back.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have stayed at Plaza on the River a total of over 20 nights over multiple occasions for business in the last year. I like the reception where you sit in an armchair for checkin and if at the right time of the day get offered a free glass of champagne. I have stayed in studios as well as 1 & 2 bed apartments and they are all of a very high standard and apartments include kitchenette incl dishwasher and washing machine although I have not used them personally.

The breakfasts are reasonably priced for London and the hotel is situated right on ther banks of the Thames. If you are lucky you may get one of the river view rooms which are stunning. The only downside is that some of the rooms are facing an atrium and are dark so ask first at checkin.If you are offered an upgrade it is quite easy to haggle the cost down.

Wifi is also free and works well and is easy to connect. Toiletries etc are of a high standard and they even leave you a pint of fresh milk in the fridge for making tea/coffee. A small touch but an important one and I also hate UHT milk. I plan to use this hotel continually as my base while on business in London.

Room Tip: Ask for river view and do not accept an atrium facing room as they are very dark.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ge0rdie_Mark
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear Edinburgh,
It's our pleasure to ensure all our guest's is always leaving this hotel pleased and satisfied. The Team works really hard to ensure that we meet all our guests' expectations and appreciate the time you took to leave us such generous comments.
Have a great week and we meet again soon.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've been at the Plaza on the River Hotel during a business trip. What a great place to be !
A real appartment with all the comfort you may need, a charming and very professionnal team to take care of you, a good restaurant/bar .... what can I add ? Just that I'm looking forward to go back there !
Thanks for everything !

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane L

Dear Paris.
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments and also staying with us while visiting London. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy Paris.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed here as part of my son's birthday treat. I usually stay at the County Hall park plaza, but chose to give this a try as it is more of a apartment rather than a studio in PP county Hall so would mean greater space. I had emailed a few days before arrival about my so's birthday and if they had anything child friendly as the county hall hotel give out kid bags with drinks/ice cream vouchers, games, bubble bath and other nice bits, and just a generally child friendly hotel (in fact the best in London) I was told "when we have a birthday in house we give them special treatment" I was prepared to cancel my booking if they said they had nothing to offer my son and booked with County Hall as I know what to expect there.

Ther was a wedding show on the day I arrrived so was very busy so expected some service issues, what I did not expect was for the doormen to be standing around chatting to friends/event members whilst I struggle to open the door, one even looked at me and turned back round to continued chat.

Check in was fine, I booked a studio room and in that aspect everything was fine, the rooms are lovely although will agree with the issue about the air-con and the room being hot.

Whilst I am not looking for freebies, some kind of special treat for my son would have been nice, even if a few balloons, I could not have done this myself in advance as it was supposed to be a surprise, in this respect I felt slightly cheated as it is as if the guest relations person told me what I wanted to hear rather than thinking of my actual needs which essentially dampened the mood of the day. I would have gone over the the County Hall as I know they would have made some effort.

My personal dispointment aside, The room is nice and comfortable everything you could want is provided, although there was no ipod docking system in my room and had to order from reception, even though the mini bar lady came to my room whilst I was there and said she was going to check my items and give me milk, she never did and again had to call reception to receive the missing items once I realised she had not actually replenished. Turndown service was a bit half hearted, knocked on door, asked if I wanted anything, I took some towels, gave me a couple of chocs and went, not quite the turndown service i am used to but it was in line with the rest of the day so no surprise really. I liked the idea of the DVD rental, and there are quite a few latest releases. The view from my room was nice, I live in London so this does not WOW me, but as a tourist you cant get better.

Check out was fine, no problems there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank hoxtonbabe

Dear London
We appreciate your comments however Plaza on the River Club and Residence accommodate families, however majority of our clients are corporate guests. I can understand your disappointment with not having balloons, ice cream and goodie bags but we are not Park Plaza County Hall and what works for other hotels doesn't always work here. My Team informed me that they did try to make your stay as comfortable as possible even with a Friends and Family booking. I appreciate all your feedback however I don't feel that it's reasonable to judge us on your County Hall expectations when we try failed any other guests with similar requests.
Have a lovely week ahead and again thank you for your feedback.
Kindest Regards