All reviews notting hill breakfast and dinner included portobello market walking distance hot water other guests would definitely stay here again tube
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I chose this place cuz of good location and price but someone walked in through and a staff member accused me falsely for not checking in but then once I showed my receipt, his grave was error exposed. As a result, I nearly paid more than £100. Talk about highway robbery

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kinkosha
LHAL0nd0n, Guest Relations Manager at Bowden Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Kinkosha,

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear of your experience at our Bowden Court site.
Are you able to give me more details on your experience by writing to customerservices@lhalondon.com where I can investigate this.
I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Regards

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I will have stay for few weeks until my place being refurbished but so far my stay here has not been very pleasant especially the quality of the food they serve here during meals! Most of the time the frozen foods are being served here, I am damn sure the chef/s don’t check the salt of the food, over cooked or do not know the combination of dishes. I understand the have to serve a large number but the quality is way below the standard. For example: if they serve meatballs or stew, you can expect a dish or either rice/ cous cous but no! The deserts are mainly frozen stuff! Today I had a piece of raspberry cake which seemed to be someone’s birthday cake leftover from last night! They served creamy mushroom with pasta but there was no cream about it! Couple of times, I had breaded cod or chicken Kiev which were over cooked! The salad bar has hardly have any varieties! The coffee machine in the dining room is out of order god knows how long, but there are two kettles, one of the two toasters does not work, the limited breakfast is available but if someone like me who does not eat bacon/sausage wants a second egg, they refuse! Some stuff do not speak/understand English at all which makes communication really tough to get going. I have changed room once and found out that in both rooms at least a cupboard or a chest drawer does not lock. The only reason I stay in this place is because of location but I must say some stuff are friendly.
However, with the price they charge, the food quality can be better if not they should stop it completely rather than making people unhappy about it.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Saikat R
LHAL0nd0n, Manager at Bowden Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Dear saikat

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry too hear that you're not enjoying your stay with us. From what i understand it's mainly linked to the food. We're currently reviewing our meals diversity and working hard to improve their quality. I will pass your comments to the chef and i'm sure it will help him to improve his meals.

About the coffee machine, i'm glad to announce that it should be fix next week and i apologise for the inconvenience.

Can I invite you to please send me an email at bowden@lhalondon.com to be able to fully investigate your review.

Thanks
Heloise

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

I was here for 6 months and within this time my whole stay was awful and terrible. I don’t remember anyday when i was happy with the hostel.
The hostel is less maintained. The lift doesn’t work most of the times and even when it works it is scary. You cannot talk here after 10pm as people living here complain to the staff which is why there is no privacy. You can listen people talk through the cheap walls built. Most importantly, the TOILETS are not cleaned, and sometimes doesn’t have toilet papers. One good thing is they provide with breakfast and dinner. But it is awful! They provide with cheap quality food which is why i always ended up buying my own breakfast and dinner from outside.
The heaters doesn’t work most of the times when needed.
No sense of responsibility. As i was here for quite a few months. And between i was away for a vacation. When I returned my cupboard was wide open and some of my stuff was missing. I complained but it was taken too lightly as a consideration.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank stomborn
LHAL0nd0n, Manager at Bowden Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear stomborn

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry you had not enjoyed your stay at the Bowden Court. My name is Chi and I'm the house manager. I have not received any complaint of such from yourself about all you mentioned in your review.
All our facilities are in good working condition so I struggle to understand what is wrong.

Thanks

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Wow, where to begin?
I spent two months at bowden in a double room (the single rooms were always taken).
The room itself is very small and cramped and during my time there one of the people I roomed with stole from me.
The cleaners who entered the room left the door open on multiple occasions, enabling anybody to walk into the room - when I reported that I wanted the cleaners to actually shut my door once they'd left the room, the French receptionist asked me if I wanted them fired and made me feel terrible for even mentioning it.
I was one of the only English people in the hostel and there seemed to be a genuine annoyance on the face of the receptionist (who I would love to name and shame) every time she heard my accent which was puzzling and extremely rude.
The staff themselves overall were not friendly whatsoever and very cliquey- I was actually informed by one of the workers that the chef had a ketamine problem and was found to be dribbling in the kitchen as he was starting one shift (I cannot verify this but was told my a staff member).
Speaking of the food- don't do it. It is very low quality and they are extremely reluctant to give you a large portion size if you ask for one. Furthermore, weekends don't provide dinner and the lack of an oven means you either have to buy microwavable food or buy food out which can be costly. Also, there are no fridges so good luck trying to keep any items you buy chilled.
The cleaning facilities were average, though they were at least cleaned regularly which was good.
Overall, I would say stay here long term if you absolutely have no other choice. Short term is doable. If you are looking at a single room, you can find one far cheaper through spareroom. Location, however, is absolutely excellent and the gym provided is a nice perk.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank frank m
LHAL0nd0n, Manager at Bowden Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear Sir,

I read with great concern your review on here which is far from the truth. We had asked you to leave and terminated our agreement to provide accommodation to you because you put the lives of our residents in danger by smoking in the shared room allocated to you thereby disrespecting your room mate and not abiding by the set out terms and conditions governing your stay.
I'm sorry you have taken great time and energy to write this review which in no way reflect our accommodation.

We wish you well in your future endeavours.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Matresses are nearly always gone, always wake up with back ache. Had clothes stolen, Locks an lights often do not work. Standards are shabby. Had sexual harrassment from homosexual in room on one stay. Management handled nothing.. Had enormous problems even getting a receipt, often, not the only person either.

Room tip: don't unless you go solo room
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank yyyy12345
LHAL0nd0n, Manager at Bowden Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry you have chosen this medium to give a false account of your stay with us.
- You alleged to have left a piece of towel in the building after you had checked out and returned over 2 hours after checkout to see if the staff had found it as you did not know where you had left it. That is not stealing but a case of you not knowing where you left your clothing.
- You always reserved a bed in a male twin room and on arrival, you want to be upgraded to a single as you are not comfortable sharing a room with a male. We upgraded it for you couple of times and when we can't do it for you, you complain. You will agree with me that it isn't fair.
You can reserve single rooms if you to not want to share with anyone in future.

Thanks for staying with us.

Regards