my boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in September and were a bit apprehensive about staying in a hostel. However, it turned out to be really great, our room (double suite) was nice and comfortable, with a tv, fridge, kettle, desk and nice decent sized bathroom. It was clean and we had a large window to open which looked out over the rooftops on the other side of the street. Staff were friendly and accomodating, many of them appeared to be travellers from other countries as well. There's internet access in the lobby (you have to pay for) and free wifi in the rooms, however our wifi connection didn't work. Breakfast (included in the room price) is not bad to get you started for the day- toast, cereal, ham, cheese and tea/coffee. Reception is open 24 hours. Overall, given london is such an expensive place to stay in, I would definatley recommend this place (in a private room, can't comment on the bunk bed rooms) it's only a 5-10 minute bus ride to Oxford street or a 2 minute walk to a tube station. The kabab/curry place across the road is delicious and the people there are super friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 110 yrd from Hyde Park, this hostel is a 5-minute walk from Queensway Underground Station. It offers spacious rooms with an en suite bathroom and free WiFi access throughout. The dormitories at Smart Hyde Park View all have lockers and a hairdryer for guests to use. Private rooms are also available, with a TV and telephone in each. Free Wi-Fi is available in the common areas. There is a lounge bar for guests to enjoy, with drinks, snacks and a flat-screen TV. Continental breakfasts are served daily. There is a 24-hour front desk and free luggage storage for early check-ins. The property is set in a classic listed building on a residential street in the heart of London's bohemian Bayswater, one of London's most beautiful districts. Smart Hyde Park View is 875 yrd from Kensington Gardens, and Marble Arch and Oxford Street are within 20 minutes' walk. The Royal Albert Hall can also be reached in 20 minutes' walk, and Westminster and the Big Ben are a 10-minute Tube ride away. Westminster is a great choice for travellers interested in Shopping, Theatre and Monuments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Smart Hyde Park View Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart Hyde Park View Hotel London
- Smart Hyde Park View Hostel London, England