Golders Green Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$263
$281
$238
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
$244
$167
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$135
$113
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked our room over the phone the week before, but when we arrived they said they had no record of us and claimed they had to charge us an extra £10 (so a total of £69) as we just 'turned up' They guy was very rude and just talked over us when we tried to explain we had actually booked a room, he then proceeded to say we could have someone elses room as they hadnt bothered to turn up yet (it was only 2pm). When we eventually got to the room it stank of stale smoke and was dirty, the bedside light didnt work and the pillows and bed linen reeked of smoke aswell. The locks on the door were pathetic so we pushed the chairs infront of the door to feel safer. We didnt have the courage to brave breakfast, though the smell alone made me gag. I would never stay here again, I have no idea how its still going as the staff were rude, the walls were ridiculously thin, the rooms filthy and we didnt feel safe!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Aside from the bouncy bed with springs popping through, the room was dirty. When I lifted the toilet seat, it hadn't even been flushed since the last guest, never mind not cleaned! Suffice it to say, I didn't feel comfortable showering there, either. The place was even missing lightbulbs! I will never patronise this place again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank MrCohen
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel around 5 times before and have always been very happy, the last time being a couple of years ago. When I returned last week, I was appalled. The bathroom was filthy. There were diarrhoea stains splashed on the inside of the toilet seat, the shampoo sachets and soap from the previous guest had not been removed from the shower cubicle, the bathroom floor had only been cleaned in the visible areas of the floor. The windowsill had dead insects on it and dust, the drawers had not been wiped out and were dirty and there were saliva stains on the pillow covers. Thankfully, the sheets and towels had been eternally laundered and were clean, but that was all.
I asked to speak to the manager and the receptionist told me she would be there the next morning, but she wasn't. When I checked out I asked again but there was no sign of her. I told the receptionist how disappointed I was and, although he apologised, he just told me to take a card and call the manager myself later in the day! It was obvious they did not really care.
It's such a shame as the hotel is in a good location. I don't know if it is under new management or something but the level has gone down a great deal. I would NEVER go back there. Avoid it at all costs!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Jo A
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went on a business trip and tried to find a room at a reasonable price with a convenient and safe location so I decided to stay at the GGH. I checked in on 15/08 and I have to say that I spent there a pleasant 3 day trip.
I think the best part of the stay was a free WiFi (which didn't work at the beginning but a receptionist took care of it so no problem there), numerous TV channels (domestic channels though), friendly staff and a nice continental breakfast.
I'm planning to come there again in September so definitely thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

basic and cheerful hotel, good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, easy check-in, very conveniently placed for shops of many sorts and for bus/tube, would certainly stay at this hotel again. Many thanks for your helpful service

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo