This was the first time I had stayed in the Glenlyn Guest House and I left more than satisfied. In looking for a base to visit London I found this hotel, located in the heart of Finchley, to be friendly and welcoming, particularly the gentleman on reception (unfortunately I didn't think to get his name) who ensured my and my friends every needs were attended to. Upon returning to the hotel in the evening, he went out of his way to make me a lovely jug of hot chocolate - yes a jug - not a mug - and I really couldn't say that about many hotels I have stayed in!
The hotel is set in four large original Victorian terraced houses and the rooms are located throughout. Whilst retaining many of the architectural features it offers high standards of comfort. My private en suite room had an outlook to the rear over the sizeable private gardens. A flat-screen remote control TV, tea & coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, telephone & free broadband wireless facility are provided. The decor in places is surprisingly contemporary for a Victorian building and I appreciated the obvious improvements that have been made. You can relax in the modern private lounge bar area before or after an evening out with friends, or unwind in the garden which I am sure must provide a delightful setting on a sunny day. Breakfast is served in the lovely light and airy conservatory which overlooks the garden - great for enjoying the hearty full English breakfast included in the room rate!
Of importance to me, particularly in London, was the front of Hotel free private parking. You can leave your car at the Hotel & avoid paying to get into the London Congestion Zone.The hotel is surrounded by many excellent bars and restaurants and being in walking distance to the Woodside Park underground station it's a great location for getting to and visiting London, giving you a direct line straight into the centre. Offering overall what I felt was tremendous value for money, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from Woodside Park Tube, the good-quality Glenlyn has good access to the Wembley Complex, Alexandra Palace and Central London, without the Central London prices. At Glenlyn there is free parking and free wireless internet. There is a high standard of comfort and service, and good links to the M25, M1 and A40. Glenlyn is outside the London Congestion Zone. The welcoming North London Hotel is family-run and offers modern yet cosy rooms. There is a private bar, a garden and a conservatory where good breakfasts are served. A new addition to the Glenlyn is our recently refurbished apartments, perfect for families and guests requiring the extra facilities and space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Glenlyn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenlyn Guest House Hotel London
- Glenlyn Hotel London, England