“dont bring a cat!”

Cavendish Hotel- Bloomsbury
Ranked #984 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Flippant title but honestly the single bedroom i was alloted was not big enough to swing a cat in, you open the door and the bed is right there in front of you, not for people with claustrophobia, the room itself was clean enough and some effort had been made to fit a shelf (desk?) with a kettle and a selection of coffees but no room to supply a chair to sit on. To get in to the bathroom you literally have to fully open the bathroom door, step over the toilet and then close the door behind you, hot water supply was minimal.... Breakfast room was bright and quite modern, quality of the cooked full english breakfast was good, the waitresses all very friendly and helpfull and the guys working at the front desk pleasant, if only the bedroom had been bigger i might have swung for 4 stars.

Room Tip: cant reccomend any rooms but i can advise not too accept room 203 unless you are below average statu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dave s

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my brother and father for one night. The receptionists were very very very nice, friendly, and helpful. We arrived at 10am while the checkin time is 2pm and the receptionist said that we can put our luggage at the lobby and we can come back later to check in. The next day, we need to find another room to stay in another hotel because this hotel is fully booked. Again, the receptionist said that he would keep the luggage safe in the lobby and let us walk around to find room and he said we can come back anytime to take our bags! The room and bathroom were clean. There are TV, coffee-making amenities, hairdryer, and safe available in the room.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank nit_ang14
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I don't understand what the negative reviews of this hotel are based on. I had a perfectly decent stay at this hotel. There was nothing wrong with my bed or the cleanliness of my room. Of course it's nothing fancy, but who expects anything fancy with these prices? The price/quality relationship is totally in order here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank talain
Reviewed September 11, 2012

great for cleanliness, v nice staff and really comfortable bed. Rooms were not huge but not overly cramped like some small London hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank kit934
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were in London at a concert and simply couldn't face the journey home. Considering it was the same price as some of the Hilton hotels we have stayed at it is difficult to be overly positive, that said we have probably stayed at the Hilton hotels at bargain prices! The bed was comfortable and there was a hairdryer. The bathroom was ridiculously small there was nowhere to put anything and it was more like a cupboard. The garden view from the window is quite shocking. The double bed was 2 singles pushed together which is never particularly comfortable, and I was incredibly wary of putting my feet on the carpet as I wasn't quite sure that it had been properly vacuumed in a while. The staff were very friendly and offered to look after our bags so that we could sight see after we had checked out. I have stayed at far worse in London and I would stay here again, but I didn't enjoy the stair case to the room!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank monkeychop5
Reviewed August 30, 2012

very helpful and friendley staff,loveley hotel with stunning decor and yet very clean room.the recepionist was so helpful and fast checking us in, the breafast girls wer very nice and give very good service.we will definiteley be staying again.there was'nt anythings we didn't like about the hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mona e
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Arriving at the hotel I was asked to wait whilst the reception man sorted his papers. I did so patiently for 5 minutes. He then processed my check in details and asked me to wait. I waited, then 5 minutes later he thurst me a key and told me to go to the second floor. I had to ask how I got there, he pointed and watchede struggle with my bag up the narrow stairs . The double room had a very small bed and enough space for 2 people to stand up. I asked to change as I was with my friend and although we know each other this was pushing the boundaries!! The reception man was very unhelpful and told me that now I had been in the room it was mine and I could not change.

I think the service was very poor and the room are very small. The location is good but still I feel that overall its is not value for money. Shame as I travel regularly to London.

• Stayed: August 2012