Avonmore Hotel
$249
$211
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$164
$152
$133
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbit datedrussell square tube stationst pancrasbritish librarytea and coffeesingle roomquiet areawi fifresh fruitreception areawest endradiatorusablecorridor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

spent a Monday night here. Dated and a bit shabby but clean! b&b cost £149 for the night! stayed in room 15 almost needed mountaineering equipment to get up the steep narrow stairs with my case!!!! its a triple room and was adequate.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to order but when I requested a poached egg I was told boiled and scrambled only!
The hotel is within walking distance of Euston station which is a plus point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the middle floor would have been better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this at very last minute, during an unfolding emergency. I arrived at about 1.30 am and must admit my heart sank. Very creepy kind of feeling, going up some tatty stairs at the top of which sat the receptionist in a kind of cupboard. I had foolishly assumed I'd be able to get some food. No chance. However my room turned out to be clean and quiet, no complaints at all there. I just had toast for breakfast which I ate in bed so no idea what a proper breakfast would have been like. The staff I met were friendly and helpful and I was glad of the bed for the night but there is no way I would stay there again. OK it's only a two star hotel - but for the price I paid I'd have expected a bit more than the bare minimum. 3 stars cos it doesn't claim to be the Ritz, and it was actually OK - but wildly over priced.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ljk24
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is well overpriced (£396 for two nights), threadbare carpets tatty exterior. We were put in an attic room (no lift) where the stairs were treacherous, fire door was at the edge of the top stair. Bathroom was very small and scruffy. Room was clean but floor very uneven. Breakfast poor.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is clearly a holding area for the travellers using St Pancras. Guests arrive banging and crashing at all times. Very noisy neighbours first night and at 11pm I had to bang on the wall for them to be quiet. Didn't work!
Nights 2 and 3 sleep was broken by the elephant in the room upstairs (who must hold the record for jumping in and out of bed in any one night ) and people lugging suitcases up the stairs
(the room (12) is next to the stairs) Walls are paper thin and the hotel is a bit jaded and dirty.

I booked a single room which was very small yet the bathroom was a decent size. I'd asked for a top floor room but his wasn't available.

Plus side is the area - a quiet crescent close to the buzz of Tavistock Road and for me, 10 minutes from work so I can avoid the tube!

If you're only staying one night this place might be ok but not for 3 nights and when you have to up for work at 6am

Room Tip: Don't stay for more than night and avoid rooms near the stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed for one night. This is cheap (bearing in mind the location!) and cheerful. The location is key. Don't expect luxury.
Room was spacious and clean... Although the bathroom was very small
Reception staff were welcoming.
Breakfast was much better than expected. Cooked to my order, with HP brown sauce!! Very pleasant.
If you are looking for luxury, service and facilities then get your credit card out and stay somewhere with more stars.

Great value. Highly recommended for a one night stay en route to st pancras station etc.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family