“Here now. Hate it. Don't come.”
Review of Avonmore Hotel

Avonmore Hotel
Ranked #904 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked a month ago, but I have been put in a tiny, airless basement room by the kitchen/diner. I can't sleep as the tube trains shake the room. So I am writing this at 1am in the morning, really angry. I had the choice of dozens of hotels for the same price - why did I pick this dump? The room has been sliced in half with wooden partition, so its barely wider then the bed. Its deep in the basement. There is no air. The kitchen is next door, so I will be woken early. I can't believe I have paid money to be put into the basement. I hate it. I travel regularly, have seen all sorts of hotels - and have never complained before. This is the worst. They should pay me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank L R

Reviewed September 6, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank rita t
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were looking for somewhere close to Euston and all the chain hotels were full. This one is convenient for the three stations in the title - all can be reached within a five or ten minute walk along Euston Road.

I was a bit concerned by some of the negative reviews, but we found the welcome to be friendly, the room to be clean and the facilities not too bad.

Breakfast was basic but freshly prepared and tasty.

The room itself was well maintained - the bathroom was a little bit small and the shower cubicle was a tight squeeze, but there was plenty of hot water.

In conclusion, if you want a convenient stopover near the railway stations, then you shouldn't dismiss this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John D
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The place is pretty basic, but clean and they serve quite a good breakfast. The shower and basin hot water is scalding. Staff are friendly and try to please, which is quite rare these days!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MichaelH62
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Was hospitalised during holiday in London & husband needed somewhere to stay short notice. Staff extremely helpful with luggage and uncertainty over number in room. Shower small but bed very comfy and breakfast lovely. Fairly peaceful whilst we were there, although opposite student accommodation. Would go back

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MudDazey
Reviewed June 4, 2012

stayed for one night and thankfully, we arived late and left early.
our room was dingy, tired, too hot and very noisy. every door slam, every foot on the stairs seemed to reverberate through our room. there was a electric/boiler cupboard right next to our room that buzzed loudly and constantly making sleep almost impossible. the single glazed window was overlooked by four other rooms and its curtain, however tightly you stretched it, didnt cover it!
It was clean, and the breakfast was ok, but there are much better hotels in the same area for the same budget, unfortunately the one we had stayed at two weeks previous was full for our return trip. will not return to Avonmore.

Room Tip: go eleswhere
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2Ivanhoe
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had stayed there for 4 nights in Dec 2011. I was suprised to find the place nicer then expected. Comparing prices with hotels and apt nearbye, I would say good choise I've made.

Very clean apt, have a small garden. It is very small I must say but you have new furniture and the place is just next to the Russel Square and train station.

I would go back there anytime.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple