“very good”

Ranked #912 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Croatia
“very good”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had stayed there for 4 nights in Dec 2011. I was suprised to find the place nicer then expected. Comparing prices with hotels and apt nearbye, I would say good choise I've made.

Very clean apt, have a small garden. It is very small I must say but you have new furniture and the place is just next to the Russel Square and train station.

I would go back there anytime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyLady T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Unfriendly staff! Noisy residents! Poky room! Breakfast acceptable - just! Not recommended! Location though is central and convenient for Euston.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed one night here in January as she had a job interview in Euston. We stayed in a double room, which was quite small and a bit dated. The room had an en-suite bathroom which again was very small, and the room was a bit cold as only one of the radiators worked. There was also a buzzing sound coming from somewhere in the room, only faint but was quite annoying after a while. There was breakfast in the morning which I cant comment on as I had to leave early for work so didnt get to try it. The bloke on reception was friendly enough and was working throughout the night. The reason I chose this hotel was for its location and price, it is in central London, walking distance from Euston Railway station and I only payed £49 for the night with en-suite bathroom and breakfast in the morning. For that reason I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheap overnight stay in central london.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Baz1987
London
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I arrived at 10am after flying all night from Cuba. 'Alec from Brazil' greeted me with a lecture on Cuban politics, after I carried all of my own bags up the shabby stairs and told him I was jet lagged. The room was small but I said to him 'as long as it is quiet', then I was happy. The moment I lay down on the bed the construction work started. When I complained, dear darling Alec said that 'British law allowed this until 5pm'. It was 11am. No discount, no apology. It started again in the morning, I left even more exhausted than when I arrived. The construction work looks like it will last for weeks.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Julie_AnneLondon
Hopwas, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here for one night and found it adequate for a short stay. Clean and comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Breakfast was good . Staff were very friendly. The location was good - 5 mins to Russell Square underground. Decor needs updating but overall good value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline G
Shepshed, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We needed a hotel for the night near Russel Square and this fitted the bill perfectly. The room offered over the internet was 2nd floor, so we asked for a room on the ground floor due to my Wife's health. We were offered one in the basement, but for a 1 night stay that was ok. When we arrived, we were initially offered the 2nd floor room, but flashed the paperwork and said we could have a room on the ground floor, which was even better!
It was clean, the shower was clean and hot, beds comfortable with plenty of tea and coffee available. It seems the Spanish had been in previously so any attempt to re-tune the TV was foiled. The serviceman came and sorted most of it out for us, quickly, so good marks there. Breakfast was included, full English. We will almost certainly use this hotel again. Downsides; breakfast room is in the basement, down some steep stairs; whilst our room was a very convenient location, it was also next to the front door. There is no lift.

Room Tip: Go for a high room if you are fit and want some quiet-there is no lift.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been staying at the Avonmore Monday to Friday for nearly 12 months as I'm working at Euston. The hotel is in a good, quiet location (usually) and is good value for money, price incudes english breakfast. The rooms are not large, I'm usually in single rooms obviously, but they are comfortable. I'm surprised at the comments about the breakfast staff, as other reviewers have said all the staff have been friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement do suffer from train noise and noise from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business