“Magic Night @ Madam Jo Jo's” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madame Jo Jo's

Madame Jo Jo's
Ranked #174 of 339 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-famous nightclub, situated in the heart of Soho, is the destination venue for burlesque and cabaret shows, top comedy nights, music gigs and legendary club nights. Its red plush and gilded interior is stylishly retro, offsetting its diverse contemporary output. Madame Jojo's most celebrated show is Kitsch Cabaret, an evening of feathers, glitz and dazzling live music, the first choice for guests who want a fun, entertaining and glamorous night out.
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magic Night @ Madam Jo Jo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have recently visited Madam Jo Jo's Magic Night for a third time; this experience was just as good as it was the first time round when I visited the venue and show 3 years ago.

The venue is extremely intimate; you get up close and personal with the performing acts; which I might add are very entertaining and incredibly professional; the venue organiser is to be congratulated for organising a great evening's entertainment

1 Thank tony h

Watford, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AWFUL!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went to Magic Night at Madam Jo Jo's on Saturday, was my partners first time there and can safely say will be the last!!! The club was super crowded and once seated could not get up and to the bar without moving everyone inbetween! Was supposed to be magic night but once started was told actually a variety night, (not what we paid to see!) went to the extremely small/cramped toilets at interval and there was a toilet attendant coughing all over the sink and roll of towel that was for drying your hands, and she then coughed while leaning over to me! My partner went to the mens where the stench of urine was overpowering and the urinals had stale urine in where they had not drained away properly! we left at that point as felt was a health hazard! Magic was bad, variety was worse and hygiene levels were ridiculous! what a let down, what a shame and what a waste of time!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Marie W
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth the money for Snake Boy alone!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Took my friend for a girls weekend in London as she had never been and booked this as it was on special offer in Lastminute.com 2 for 1. Took a bit of finding but when we got there we were greeted by Vanilla (larger than life) who guided us to our reserved table (perfect spot for the stage). The kitsch cabaret started shortly after (we really didn't know what to expect) but it was brilliant....singers/ drag acts/ Sahara (we're still debating that one)...and then snake boy!! Wow....I kept forgetting to clap I was so transfixed....and I've seen Sticky Vicky!!! In the two hours of the cabaret being on, we had a brilliant time (and much drink was taken)...the only bit I wasn't so keen on was after the cabaret, a dj came on but played only rockabilly....ok if you're into that sort of thing but we ended up leaving when we planned to stay late....definately recommend if you're broad minded and up for a laugh....

Visited July 2013
1 Thank j-lo40uk
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I bought the ticket from KGB. I booked 2 seats. On arrival name was already on our seats. Lots of people and the atmosphere was explosive meaning cannot explain how amazing it was. It was like a sixties burlesque show. We enjoyed it and will go back very soon. Lovely evening out and recommend it to all.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pricey, cramped and poor show”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went to Madame JoJo's for a hen party, tickets for the Saturday night cabaret were £40 a pop. We were squeezed onto a long cramped table, where several of us were trapped at the end so we couldn't get to the bar for a drink. There was waitress service, but only during the interval. The singing was on a par with X Factor Auditions and dire. Luckily I was there with excellent friends, so we still had a good evening - but that £40 would have been better spent in the pub singing along to Abba on the jukebox! Also, there is barely ANY room to squeeze yourself into the teeny tiny toilet cubicle...

2 Thank SuperluckyDi