Apex City of London Hotel
$249
$211
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$164
$152
$132
galahotels.com
4,247 results
All reviewstower hill tube stationrubber duckgreat hoteljelly beanselemis toiletrieswalk in showerbusiness districtdeluxe roompret a mangerminute walkcircle linefree upgradecontinental breakfastmodern hotelquiet locationwest endweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Stayed here from 29 Dec – 1 Jan and booked a city king room through visitlondon.com (total £284 incl. breakfast on 2 of the mornings). Arrived just after noon but our room wasn’t ready until 2pm. This is the stated check in time so can’t really complain. Had lunch in the bar whilst we waited which was nice, waitress was pleasant. The reception/bar/restaurant areas are beautiful, very clean and modern in design and free internet was available in the lobby. Our room on the 2nd floor was a good size with chaise lounge, mini bar (stocked on request so great to put your own drinks in), complimentary water, iron and board, tea/coffee tray, safe, large flatscreen TV, workdesk and a great ensuite shower room. It wasn’t until my third shower though that I discovered you had to push the knobs in to increase the temperature and pressure. Our room overlooked another building (we didn’t expect a view for the price we paid) and although we had a very large picture window, our room was quite dark, often a problem with hotel rooms (all those low energy bulbs). If I had to be really critical I’d say the pillows were too soft, the room smelt when we arrived and it was a little difficult controlling the room temperature, but these were minor things. Continental breakfast was OK. Hotel location is great, 2 mins from Tower Hill tube and right next to Tower Bridge. On departure they let us leave our bags at the hotel all day whilst we went sightseeing. Overall excellent accommodation & staff and superb value for money. It deserves all the good reviews on TA and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Apex, and will definitely stay with them again in London or Edinburgh. The hotel is super convenient, right off the Tower Hill tube- which is one of the main lines, only a few minutes to all the main stops. We requested a room with a view, and were rewarded with a top floor room with roof access, and I could see the tower and the tower bridge. The room was large and the bed was comfy. The bathroom has a deep tub and a shower. We had very friendly service from the staff. The bar was open late, and they even had room service all night long, although it did arrive cold. (Probably our lone complaint). We really enjoyed the free wifi, too!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We stayed at the hotel from the 10 of dec- 15 dec. Me, my husband with our 4 year old son and my parents. We ordered transfer by David at Countrytours and that worked out great for us. They picked us up at gatwick and also drove us back at our return to Gatwick. The rooms at Apex were spacious. We had ordered an extra sofabed in our room and it was great! Large bathroom with both shower and bathtub worked out great for us. We used a taxi to get to museums and oxford street and around in London. Price for a taxi to Oxford street about 12-15 pound depending on traffic. Staff were great! Good breakfast. You can choose between continental breakfast and full breakfast. If you go for the full breakfast you can order whatever you like from a menu. You can choose between scrambled eggs, salmon, pancakes, waffles with cream abd more.
We loved it and will be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The Apex Hotel was fantastic! My husband dropped me off with the bags to check in and the people on the desk were so helpful. The receptionist was friendly and welcoming and as soon as I had checked in, another member of staff immediately offered to carry my bags for me. He accompanied me to the room and went through all the amenities which the hotel has to offer and made me feel very welcome. The room itself was large and comfortable, with a double bed, a settee, desk and television with fantastic speakers! The bathroom had a large, deep bath and a separate shower cubicle, which was also very large. The bed was very comfortable and the slippers and dressing gowns provided a welcome addition. The hotel was well placed, walking distance to the Tower of London and also the tube station. Check out was as nice an experience as check in, with staff doing all they could to make it as easy as possible and once again immediately offering to carry bags, call a taxi for me etc. It was a fantastic stay and I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dolly78
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Travel to London yearly and this was indeed our best stay because of the Apex City of London.
Great stay.....even with lost luggage. Our two weeks at the Apex were truly delightful. Excellent location, beautiful clean rooms...with special treats nightly, awesome bathrooms, but most expecially the wonderful treatment by staff.
Home away from home.
Thank you much Francsco, Andrezej and staff. We will always remember you!
Would return in a heartbeat!
Visitors from New Orleans!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business