“Great”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #85 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very good, clean hotel in a nice area in bank district. On weekends the area is "dead" because everything is closed. The room was not ready when we arrived, so we got a complimentary drink at the hotel bar. The room on the 4th floor was very clean and spacious, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. We liked our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2013

my partner and I have just got back form a lovely stay here. We had a lovely room with balcony looking out over trinity square and tower bridge.Great location two minutes from the tower and within lovely walking distance to some great sites in London. There is a few nice pubs around this area if you want to have a few drink day or night. The hotel is lovely clean and staff are really friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank muzzzr1400
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Love the hotel stay very much. Had a full packed activities planned for London & glad that the room was everyday refreshed to welcome me back from my daily tours. Although I had a tiring day, but I had a great rest when I'm back to the hotel. The staff were so warm & friendly, the breakfast spread was not much but the quality was good especially the croissant, I had 2 every morning ;)
The location is very near to Tower of London & Tower Bridge. The room are clean, neat, modern & definitely gives me a very comfortable stay in my first London Trip.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent a Friday & Saturday night with my husband. The purpose of our visit was to discover more about the Whitechapel, Brick Lane, City area. I booked a standard room, and on arriving at the hotel asked if was possible to have a room with a view, which was kindly accommodated by upgrading us to a superior room that overlooked St Olave church. The check in process was very efficient.
We were really impressed with the room and bathroom, large and clean. The most important aspects for me is peace, comfortable bed and nice toiletries. The room was indeed quiet, the toiletries were Elemis, the bed was a little on the hard side, but really comfortable. In superior rooms you also get free snacks, a packet of jelly beans and a small tub of Pringles, in addition to the biscuits and tea, coffee, etc. you are also provided with bathrobes and slippers.
The location was great with a Draft House, Pret a Manager, All Bar One, etc within a two minute walk. If you are there during a week day, leaden hall is interesting and lively, as is Spitalfields, all within easy walking distance of the hotel.
The check out process was extremely efficient (I think the fastest I have ever encountered), and the staff are all very friendly and polite. The reason why I have not given the full 5 stars is due to the toiletries and snacks were not replenished on the second day, although the coffee & tea were, in addition to the bed linen not having been changed. Very bizarre, I have stayed in quite a few hotels, and this is the first time I have encountered this. I would definitely stay again, probably in a superior room, for one night only!

Room Tip: Go for a superior room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Apex City of London Hotel twice in the last month. We stayed at the hotel for five days on vacation the first time and then for one day on our return to London before flying back the the US. The hotel is located close to the Tower Hill Tube station so it is easy to get anywhere within the city. The Tower of London and the Tower Bridge were all within walking distance. There are some excellent bars and restaurants within walking distance.
The check in and check out at the hotel went smoothly and the staff members are very helpful. Daniel, the concierge, and Joseph, the bellhop, were both fantastic and helpful. They were more than helpful in assisting us with baggage, information, and in reservations when needed. I had brought my gold clubs on the trip with me and had made arrangement for them to be sent to Belfast and then returned to London a week later. I left the clubs with the hotel and they took care of it without a problem. They even stored my clubs for me for five days before my return to the hotel.
Both times we stayed at the hotel we were upgraded to a larger room so I do not know the size of the standard room. The next upgrade is a suite with a living room, bedroom and large bathroom with separate tub and shower. The rooms were spacious and clean. I heard that rooms in Europe were supposed to be smaller than in the US, but this was not the case at this hotel.
This hotel provided comfortable clean rooms, great service and was in a good location for both business and pleasure trips to London. We will definitely stay at the Apex City of London whenever we are in London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gameluver
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights in August. As a business hotel, it is very well situated being close to Lloyds and the heart of the City - everything is in easy walking distance. As a vacation hotel, my wife was very happy as it is very close to the Tower Hill tube station, with easy access to sights of London. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, from the front desk, to the restaurant and the housekeepers. We certainly recommend this hotel and will be back next time we are in London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over the weekend and must say it is a lovely hotel. Nice area and with tube less than 3 minute walk away London is very accessible. Only stayed in standard room which was on the small size but we got a good price so did not mind. Overall modern clean hotel in business district. Shop around though there are deals to be got when booking from various hotel sites.

1  Thank Glebeabc