“Not sure about this one”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #85 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked three rooms as an end of summer holiday treat before seeing Warhorse.(excellent)

Check in was very efficient and the rooms were all lovely , one standard, one deluxe and one suite(not worth the extra money in my opinion)

Maybe we were just unlucky, but the room service after the theatre was disappointing. We tried to order from the main menu at 10.45pm (advertised as being available until 11.15pm)only to be told the restaurant was closed.
Ok, fair enough.. so my very polite daughter ordered from the "night menu" ...very basic food , and limited choice , but we just needed a snack ...
45mins later , still nothing, whereupon I rang reception , to be told in no uncertain terms that,
"I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE 45MINS!" Not great customer service.

Eventually we received a pizza(horrible), a microwaved lasagne (nice) and had to wait again for a forgotten ciabatta...the poor chap who delivered our food was lovely, a complete opposite to the very rude response we`d had from night reception earlier , obviously rushed off his feet and very apologetic...they had had to deal with an incident in reception ...but in my view this hotel is understaffed at night ....this was all pre-midnight.

Wouldn`t stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank doghouseblues
RobertFlinter, General Manager at Apex City of London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Doghouseblues

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that on this occasion our usual exceptional levels of service slipped. I can assure you that corrective action has been taken and I do hope that you will visit us again and we can restore your faith in us.

There are newer reviews for Apex City of London Hotel

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I hadn't heard of Apex hotels before and booked on Secret Escapes. What a gem, tucked down a quiet street yet on the doorstep of Tower Bridge and the Tower Of London. The tube station is also nearby. Our room was fantastic, spacious, spotless and luxurious, especially the lovely bathrobes, slippers and toiletries. All the staff were extremely polite and friendly and very helpful Can't wait to visit again, excellent value for money.

Dear Gillian

Thank you for yor very kind comments. I will ensure that they are shared with the team. It is great to hear that you found the hotel and amenities so luxurious and such great value for money.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here on a weekend trip to the Paralympics. This is as good as nearby 5* star hotels and I will definitely stay here again rather than the 5* neighbours.

Easy walking distance to Tower Bridge and the South Bank nightlife.

Highly recommended and excellent value for money.

Dear Hanson

Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is great that you felt the service we offered was on a par with 5* hotels in the area. I will ensure I share this feedback with the team.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I went with my elderly mum to this hotel on a vist to look at the sights of London. The staff were excellent, very attentive and helpful but accents can sometimes be a problem. The rooms were clean and in excellent order. We had a view of the tower and the bridge which were a few minutes away on foot. The hotel is in a little square away from the main road and was nice and quiet. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jane

I am delighted that you enoyed your sightseeing trip to London with your mum. Thank you very much for taking the time to post the review.

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Located in walking distance to City and just few hundred meters from Tower and Tower Bridge, APEX City Hotel offers great value for the money. Additional benefits: modern, clean and nice rooms with comfortable beds and free wireless.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ilvios

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us.
The comfort of our beds is one of the key things that we pride ourselves on along with the free wifi that we offer all of our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Big, clean rooms with photos of London on the walls. Great bathroom.
Hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies were added every day.

I also like the location. Not far from Tower Hill tube station, 5 minutes walk to the Tower of London and about 10 minutes to the Tower Bridge.

Very good service stuff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CharlotteFloa

Dear Charlotte

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted that the location near the Tower of London was appealing to you. It is also great to hear that the little extras as well as our great bathrooms made such a good impression. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We booked this hotel originally to stay in London for a friend's birthday - my partner ended up in hospital and we couldn't go but although we had booked our room on a non refundable basis, the hotel were so understanding and very kindly offered to change our booking to another date of our choice. The staff are fantastic - warm and welcoming (often a rareity in London). The rooms were spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel is also in a very quiet location although Tower Hill tube station is very close by. I would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.

1  Thank naffnaff

Dear naffnaff

Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay. I apppreciate the time and effort taken. I am glad that we were able to amend your pre paid reservation to your satisfaction. It is also pleasing to hear such positive comments about the warmth and friendliness of the staff.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.