We booked three rooms as an end of summer holiday treat before seeing Warhorse.(excellent)
Check in was very efficient and the rooms were all lovely , one standard, one deluxe and one suite(not worth the extra money in my opinion)
Maybe we were just unlucky, but the room service after the theatre was disappointing. We tried to order from the main menu at 10.45pm (advertised as being available until 11.15pm)only to be told the restaurant was closed.
Ok, fair enough.. so my very polite daughter ordered from the "night menu" ...very basic food , and limited choice , but we just needed a snack ...
45mins later , still nothing, whereupon I rang reception , to be told in no uncertain terms that,
"I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE 45MINS!" Not great customer service.
Eventually we received a pizza(horrible), a microwaved lasagne (nice) and had to wait again for a forgotten ciabatta...the poor chap who delivered our food was lovely, a complete opposite to the very rude response we`d had from night reception earlier , obviously rushed off his feet and very apologetic...they had had to deal with an incident in reception ...but in my view this hotel is understaffed at night ....this was all pre-midnight.
Wouldn`t stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex City of London Hotel provides memorable stays in the heart of London. It’s known for its friendly and warm welcome from check-in right through to check-out. You’ll be well looked after during your stay with a team on hand to answer all of your questions and help plan your visit. The hotel is located in central London, close to Tower Bridge, and is just a 30-minute trip on the DLR from London City Airport. The natural light that filters through floor-to-ceiling windows in the contemporary restaurant, lounge and bar area makes this hotel a great place to meet, eat or relax. Each bedroom features a 40” LCD TV with Sky channels and complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi for all of your personal devices. You’ll also get complimentary Elemis toiletries and a hair dryer in your room meaning you can travel light. The hotel has three meeting rooms available and a Technogym featuring cardio and weights equipment making it perfect for business stays away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex City of London Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex City Of London Hotel London
- Apex City Hotel London
- Apex City London Hotel
- Apex Hotel London
- Apex City Of London Hotel England