“I needn't have worried”

Ranked #77 of 1,067 Hotels in London
newcastle
“I needn't have worried”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Despite the good reviews, I was still concerned that my experience would be different. How wrong I was. I stayed for 6 nights with my family in 2 rooms which were upgraded without having to ask. All the staff were courteous and friendly. The room was clean and service efficient. Although breakfast was pricey it was excellent and compared to the local Wetherspoons offering for £4.99 all I can say is you get what you pay for in London! The location was superb. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had a brilliant experience at this hotel. Very geneous upgrade for our anniversary which was such a surprise. Fantastic check in staff; friendly and professional.
Lovely room with a great view of Tower Bridge and Tower of London. Clean and modern facilities.
Very quiet area over the weekend especially in the city district but lots of restaurants near the tourist attractions.
Great location for tube travel.
Breakfast was nice enough (included in our deal) but would not have paid for it independently as £15 is pretty steep for the basic continental breakfast spread and £19.50 for a cooked breakfast was again expensive for the quantity.
Recommend this place highly for business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms offer balconies and the best views.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed for the weekend when visiting The Tate.Hotel has a great location near Tower Hill tube Station. Was given a free upgrade as have used the Apex before. Room was a good size with everything that you would expect in it from a 4* hotel.
Easy to walk to the Embankment path and then walk along the Thames path.
Hotel next door to St. Katherines dock, which was great for eating out.
Only bad point was the awful smell that came from the drains outside the hotel which prevented us from eating outside.
Travellers tip
Do the boat trip to Greenwich. Very good and very informative. Greenwich is definately worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ilongtotravel
North Wales, Uk
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just returned from a three night break at the Apex City of London. Very clean hotel ,rooms lovely with very comfortable beds, staff extremely helpful and friendly and the quietest hotel we have ever stayed at in London.Will definately stay here again.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Clean and beautiful hotel. Big rooms and huge bathroom. Great location near London Tower, Tower Bridge and river cruises pier, helpful staff. A lot of gorgeous pubs around the hotel. Also near Tesco grocery store (open until midnight) and Barclay's bicycle hire station.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stanislav S
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great hotel, welcoming and helpful staff, room quiet, comfortable and clean. Continental breakfast excellent. Superb location for our visit to London. Would come again and recommend to friends. The hotel is ideally situated 2 minutes from Tower Hill station and the circle line which was perfect for our visits to Westminster, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. My son and granddaughter joined us for breakfast and, again, the staff made them feel very welcome. The hotel was easy for us to get to from Liverpool Street.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room with twin beds and got what we asked for.
2 Thank Llijyram
Belfast
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had stayed at the Apex fairly regularly in late 2011 and early 2012 – and was heading back for a couple of days of meetings in London for the first time in around 5 months. I arrived in London on the early flight and thought I would pop by the hotel in a taxi en route to the office to drop my bag off, to avoid carting it round with me all day. The cab pulled up outside the front of the hotel and as I was jumping out with my bag and the concierge came to meet me, welcoming me by name, and grabbing my bag out of my hand. As we walked through the door the girl behind the desk clocked my face and began looking up my reservation. Before I reached the desk she had realised my room was already available and checked me in – pretty much handing me my room key as I got to the desk. The guys could see I was in a rush, so without prompting the concierge said he’d put my bag in my room and I should just go back and hop into my waiting cab. Good service is pretty hard to find these days… not at the Apex.

Oh... and in my opinion the Apex is the nicest place to stay that's within easy reach of The City. And no..... I don't work for them, I'm just a sucker for decent service.

Room Tip: Hotel is in two parts, older rooms in the main building with new rooms in the extension to the right...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business