Needing a place to stay before an early start on Eurostar, this Premier Inn served it’s purpose well. So here is our experience:
On entering reception we were met by a very helpful staff member who helped us navigate the “self check-in”. I found this a mite pointless, as he might as well have used his time checking us in, in the normal way.
Only two of the three lifts appeared to be working and were very slow to respond. On eventually getting to the third floor, we discovered that the card delivered by the “self check-in” terminal had not been blessed with a code, necessitating a return, by the very slow to respond lifts, to reception, to rectify the problem. With the very helpful lady receptionist admitting that the terminal often presents cards unblessed. All very efficient I’m sure. God help us when the machines are left without their minders.
Once able to gain access to the room, we found a typical Premier Inn layout. The very large bed with the usual cheap, poor quality Premier Inn, duvet. (I wonder if the people responsible for sourcing these dreadful excuses for a duvet, have ever tried spending the night under one of these awful things). The room itself was all very clean, and nice and quiet apart from the Air Conditioning, which was very slow to react to temperature change commands and with the added, more frustrating problem, that it would not switch off at all. This mean’t that we had to endure the constant noise of the AC throughout the night.
A bite to eat in the ground floor restaurant, saw us enjoying a house Cobb salad and fish and chips. Very nicely prepared and presented, it tasted very nice. Sadly, the dressing on the salad triggered an allergic reaction to my wife, necessitating the taking of an anti-histamine tablet to stop a rather nasty outbreak of large irritating weal's.
Breakfast was much nicer than the Premier Inn breakfasts of the past. With a good range food choices it was almost as good as the Hilton breakfasts of the past.
So after a quick check-out and a short walk, off to catch the train...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located just 100 meters from King's Cross and St Pancras Mainline Stations and Underground with easy access to all central attractions, restaurants and shopping centres. We offer 276 en-suite bedrooms, restaurant and bar, pub, Costa coffee, meeting rooms and express check-in with 24-hour reception and free luggage storage. Kids under 16 stay and eat breakfast for free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Premier Inn, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London King`s Cross St Pancras Hotel London
- Premier Inn Kings Cross
- Premier Inn London Kings Cross Hotel England