All reviews norfolk square convenient store full english paddington tube station pubs and restaurants triple room powerful shower common areas excellent location would stay again tea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed June 14, 2018

Other hotels around Paddington and London are much better. Manager was super rude and there was no WiFi when I went. There's only WiFi in the lobby, not in the rooms. I was not the only one with this problem. Everyone who needed WiFi stayed in the lobby, and there was always at least three people there even at 11pm at night. I think it's safe to say that many rooms did not have functional WiFi I even asked those in the lobby if they didn't have WiFi as well, and sure enough, none of them did. Manager did not care. I asked about WiFi and got nothing, no promise as to when it might work, no apology, no details about it.

You also have to drop your very heavy keys for your rooms at the front desk every time you leave. It is not only inconvenient, but forces you to interact with whoever is running the front desk, which generally tends to be the manager. Unfortunately, he is incredibly unfriendly and mean. He was very sarcastic, would roll his eyes, would be dismissive about the broken WiFi, etc. Coming in and out of the hotel was a pain (to pick up and drop off my keys) as I would dread having to see him, because he found every excuse to act rudely (facial expressions, tone, slamming keys down, insincerity). I felt very unwelcome as a guest.

Hotel is dirty and the bed frames are rickety and wirey. You can feel them from underneath the thin mattress. It's uncomfortable.

The phones in the rooms are nonfunctional and mine was so old, the numbers on the buttons were faded.

Overall, would never come back and would never recommend this hotel. It wasn't clean and there was an overt lack of hospitality. Please save your money for elsewhere in Paddington or in London, because this hotel was terrible and more like a motel. Overpriced and one of my least favorite parts about my stay in London. Having been to four hotels and a hostel in London, I can safely say that all of these places were better and for a more reasonable price.

Room Tip: Stay in the lobby for WiFi, best room in the motel apparently
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank Siegbrau
Reviewed June 7, 2018

The hotel is just spotless. People are cleaning all day long. From the common areas to my own room and bathroom, it looks clean, feels clean, IS clean. Just a pleasure to be here.

The hotel is a one-minute walk from Paddington Train Station (which also means Heathrow Express), and from Paddington Tube Station.

Front desk staff were wonderful, helping me to get into a room earlier than check-in, as I had flown all night.

I usually stay in another hotel in Norfolk Square, but will be changing to this one from here on out.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2018

Spent 3 nights here, booked through my company. It's clean, comfortable and has a good breakfast. Price is also good for the area, especially for a mid-week stay. Friendly staff, good WiFi in the rooms and well managed. Would definitely recommend and also return.

Room Tip: Top floor, front garden rooms are nice and spacious
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2018

I stayed at the Hotel last month and I would like to say that was the best time I had in London .

The service is perfect and the Greek Receptionist Nikolas ( the guy with the beard ) is the most professional receptionist I have ever seen.

He is always smiling to the clients and the information he gives is always spot on

And just to answer to the traveller bellow who said about how he dressed I don't think that you can find a lot of receptionists in London dressed everyday in Hugo Boss and Armani ( probably something you forgot to mention in your bitter review bellow mome m ( btw you can crawl back into your miserable hole now)

The rooms are good but need refreshing and the wifi is a problem that I am sure they will solve eventually

A big thank you to Nikolas for his service and I hope we will see him again soon .

Room Tip: Near To everywhere in London
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank nik62132
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Arrived early at the hotel. Check in time is usually 2pm but room was ready at 1:30pm which was good. They also let you leave your bags at the reception area if you want to walk around before check in time. Bags just lie there in common area relatively unattended so don't leave any important stuff or valuables.

The room is big for London. It has a desk, wardrobe, bathtub and coffee & tea. There's no hair dryer so plan ahead if you need one. Also no A/C which would have been appreciated since it was very hot during my stay, but having the window open all day helped cool down the room.

Wi-Fi is not good but works to at least get some directions and book attractions. Connection is very slow and intermittent.

There are two underground stations that you can use to easily get to the city center.

Breakfast is a joke. They still don't know the definition of Continental breakfast so they just leave you there with toast and butter. No meat, no eggs, just plain toast and butter. English breakfast is not that good either. As other reviews said it's served cold, the one egg you get looks like plastic, and taste is not good overall. You're better off going to a supermarket nearby and getting a sandwich with soda. Won't cost you more than 5 pounds and it will be much better than what they give you here. I'd rather have the hotel tell me there's no breakfast included than having to sit there eating toast and butter. I mean just google Continental breakfast people! I have had nothing to eat this morning because of course when they explained that my breakfast was going to be just toast and coffee it was already too late for them to give me English breakfast. The so called kitchen was already closed. Great recipe for a hungry angry tourist, they get that right.

Overall the place is passable. Just try to avoid inconveniences and get your breakfast elsewhere. My review is heavily influenced by my hunger right now.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends