“A place to sleep!”
Review of Budget Guest House

Budget Guest House
Ranked #1,015 of 1,063 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hotel was as expected, basic but clean. Main problem was someone came into our room during the night. They had keys so assume it was staff. Not acceptable especially as we had children in room too. Bathroom was ok and clean but no bin. Will look at youth hostels next time.

Room Tip: Dead lock the door
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Sometimes London gets full and even the really bad hotels can charge good money for shabby accommodation. This is the situation I find myself in tonight . The place is run down and need of lots of attention . The worsed though is the 3 hours drilling I ve endured tonight . It must be major works going on and is impossible to sleep . Staff were friendly and location is v good for kings cross but only stay here if you really are really stuck

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stephen F

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

West Lothian, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

When I arrived late in the evening by myself as my friend was arriving the following day I was asked to pay upfront. I explained that my friend had already paid and I had given her my half so don't understand why I am being asked to pay now (£90 for a twin for 2 nights!!). The money had already been taken out her account and the man at reception kept explaining that this was some sort of reservation fee and it would be put back into her account within 10 days. What sort of hotel works like that?? So now both our cards have been charged and we will have to hope hers gets put back on. Also when I got there I find out it's shared bathrooms, this was not clear before booking. When I woke up in the morning I discovered a collection of bugs crawling at the entrance to some patio door I wasn't even aware of as the minging curtain covered it. The manager didn't seem surprised when I told him and just asked the maid to spray them. Also the heating was on the full time, it's 23 degree heat in london!! And when I asked for that to be turned off he said he couldn't! Disgusting place covered in holes definitely not worth the money I paid I would expect this for cheaper but at £45 a night this is not acceptable. Girls, bring a mirror as these people clearly don't know how to properly set out a room. The mirror was by the sink which did not get any light from the one in the room and the only plugs weren't at the mirror they were beside the roasting hot radiator, how can you dry your hair in that heat? Attractive location which is obviously how they survive but will get no returning customers once they've seen how awful it is.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank rho612
PhilTrask
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

It depends what you want I suppose, but even £39 was to steep for this flea pit. They also close the doors and lock you out by about midnight so if you don't check in early enough, tough! I had to pay an extra £25 to get a taxi just to pick up the key. It was explained to me that it is clearly mentioned on their website........I'm yet to find it. I definitely won't stay here again, even though it is close to Kings Cross, there are other, better and cheap & cheerful places to get your head down for the night....don't do it, you have been warned.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple