“3rd world standard”

Budget Guest House
Ranked #1,026 of 1,076 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is the type of hotel you expect to experience in Mozambique and not London!!

The room quality was poor, bathrooms were inadequate and shared. The furniture was poor. The bedsheets and blankets were dirty. The only good thing was that it was cheap. For £10 more you could get something twice as good so i think its worth going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed January 25, 2012

When we arrived didn't look the way it did on the website it looked a dump. Filthy windows dirty netting didn't look clean from the outside so was worried what it looked like in the inside. I was right to be worried, it was disgusting filthy carpet dirty walls any notices was ripped and old terrible service would never ever go there again. We would catch less illness staying the night on the streets wouldn't send a homeless person there. The hotel has serious hygeine problems. I advise anyone to look else where spend abit more on a hotel even if its basic but at least it should be cleaner than this place.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank tiggz07
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I couldn't believe the state of the place when we arrived. The front area was disgusting and run down. The hallway area was dirty the floor was dirty so were the walls. We ended up booking and staying somewhere else it was that bad. The website we booked through said own bathroom but it was shared facilities that were in a poor state, leaking taps dirty toilet shower and floors.

The rooms were dingy and also dirty. We literally booked another hotel inside this place. I would not advise staying here. I wouldn't stay there as a last resort. It was that bad!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank aands1605
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a Budget Guest House so don’t expect any frills.

Location is fantastic - easy 7min walk from King's Cross station.

Facilities are simple but totally adequate: TV; Kettle (with condiments); FREE Wi-Fi; Sink in room; Shared bathroom and toilet.

Don’t be fooled by initial impressions. Dark lighting makes it look grubby, but when you look closer it is very clean with the whitest sheets I’ve ever seen.

Staff were very accommodating, friendly and polite.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Livelylass13
Reviewed July 24, 2011

As an indicator of things to come, our arrival at this guest house was marked with a decidedly sympathetic remark from our inquisitive taxi driver, shrugging this off, we entered. Pushing the door open into steptoes yard only missing a comedic squeak we quickly found the 'Receptionist' : ( the amount of despair i feel for this keeper of woe cannot be documented easily, but its bad trust me. The poor chap shares his living quarter box room with the 'reception' which consists an amalgamation of Romanian care home furniture, sink, refrigerator and stale tissues. Having paid up front we took our 'Llandudno Guest House' ??? receipt to floor one, on route inspecting the dull shared bathroom , which was at least cleaned to mortuary standards. At last the piest de resistance, our room, or as we named it 'Fritzls bachelor pad'. Upon opening the door we were greeted with a one hundred year old smell of warm dust and mould, I quickly opened the sash window which harboured none of the noisy road outside at bay to gain some relief. Having "stayed in better places in Cambodia" (no exaggeration) i enviously eyed the pile of comfortable looking refuse bags, occupying a doorway over the road. i was woken several times that evening by the noise and SMELL, which has never before played a factor in sleepless nights. Needless to say this place is not recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kifiskeef
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My sister and I stayed with Budget Guest House in November this year. The amenities were basic but clean and warm, despite the freezing conditions outside. The value for money was great considering what situation I was put in unexpectedly. Being 8 months pregnant I suddenly went into labour and had to leave the hotel late at night leaving all of mine and my sisters belongings in our room.
As I am from Lincoln, the next day, we had to travel all the way home in terrible weather conditions, but needed to gather all our belongings, which the staff did for us ready to pick up on our way home with newborn baby in tow.
My sister managed to collect all our things but left behind a pair of boots. I called the hotel and they kindly agreed to send the boots but also offered to pay for them to be sent.
I would definitely stay with them again and recommend their services.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Faye1988
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Rate is below zero. It's looks rather like a militant safe house. Everything is dirty and falling apart. Just a shameful shack. Expedia should be ashamed of having this hotel on it's site.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family