“Value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #312 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The standard of this hotel is absolutely not fancy- however it's value for money. It's clean, the rooms have all you need for a short stay, wifi is free, staff is really friendly etc. Breakfast does not add any value to the experience but it offers enough to keep you full. The tube is a 5-6 min walk which is perfectly ok.

The only thing to complain about it's the area where the hotel is located. It feels a bit dodgy and as a female travelling alone I did not feel comfortable in going out to eat on my own in the evening.

Again- the hotel is very standard but given the hotel prices in London you get reasonably much for your money...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear 109Stina,

I am glad you thought the Hotel was good value for money and that you found the service was of a good standard.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London-Earls Court Hotel.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just had a couple of nights here and really happy with the choice. From the first welcome through to check out, we have been really impressed. The staff are very efficient and really friendly. Rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and comfy. I prefer a cool room and am often far too hot in modern hotels. The air con here works better than the majority of hotels I've stayed in abroad. A real aid to a comfortable night's sleep. Breakfast is included and sets you up for the day.

The hotel is within a 15-20 minute tube or bus ride of most of the things you'd want to do. We were at the theatre in the West End one day and at Wimbledon the next. Both easily reached.

We booked a few months in advance and got a good rate. Very acceptable for London. I will happily recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bilko 1504,

I am so glad you liked your choice of hotel and that you liked the air conditioning and our rooms in the annex building. I am also pleased you found a good welcome and the location was location right for your trip to London and the cleanliness of the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Chose Hotel for location ,stayed Saturday night.
The check in was friendly and efficient, room clean and reasonable size for London. Noise transferred a lot from room above but overall nice for a night.
The breakfast i would agree with other reviwers is basic and caffateria style on tray sort of thing and the choice very limited.
Overall i would say it's not worth the £145 i paid but would use it again if i had to.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Maddieday,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a few words about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you liked the cleanliness and service you received whilst staying with us.

We really appreciate all your comments as they are a great guide as to how we are really doing and what we need to do to improve our service.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recently stayed at the HI Express Earl's Court for one night. I normally struggle to find good value for money with London hotels and this was no exception, I didn't feel the price was worthy of a Holiday Inn on a Monday night. Alas, we had no choice so had to book.

On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by a friendly receptionist, got checked-in reasonably quickly and were advised our room was in the new block of the hotel. The room was nice enough, a decent size for a London hotel, even with the sofa bed set out as a double. It was also cleaned to a good standard.

We took advantage of the free wifi but I did find this to be slow (not sure if this was due to the location of the room or whether it was generally slow).

There is no iron in the room but reception were happy to provide one on request, other than that the room had all the standard amenities you would expect.

The hotel is located in "Earl's Court", but the nearest underground station is either West Kensington or West Brompton (which is also on the London Overground), both of which are about a 5-10 minute walk away, which, to be quite frank, I wouldn't recommend doing alone at night. There is also a bus stop directly outside the hotel with good connections, including a nightbus service (massive plus if you're staying out past midnight when the underground generally closes down).

I requested a late checkout the following morning which was granted so we unfortunately didn't make the most of the free breakfast.

Overall, I have no complaints about the hotel itself, it was nice and clean and we got a good nights sleep. It was a decent sized room for a London hotel and therefore I would rate the hotel as very good. Despite being competitively priced I do still feel that I didn't quite get value for money on this particular stay.

Room Tip: Request a room in the new block :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexander D
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Alexander D

I am so pleased you thought the service was welcoming and friendly, you thought our cleanliness was good and that the room was of a decent size. I am sorry that upon this occasion you didn't feel that you had value for money. When booking for central London its always a good Idea to look up the Fantastic deals that are available such as the 21 day Advance purchase which offers a cheaper rate if you book in advance.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit London again soon and that you choose to come and stay with us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I use to thing Holiday Inn Express were a bit better than the other budget hotel groups. I just think they have been overtaken. The room was quite basic and the included breakfast was poor. The service was still friendly and welcoming. £130 does not represent good value even in London.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephen 13,

I am so pleased you thought the service was welcoming and friendly. I am sorry that upon this occasion you didn't feel that you had value for money. When booking for central London its always a good Idea to look up the Fantastic deals that are available such as the 21 day Advance purchase which offers a cheaper rate if you book in advance.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is nicely situated for Earl's Court exhibition centre, Earl's Court tube station etc - about 5 to 10 mins easy walk away.
Its a modern, purpose built hotel with reasonable sized rooms and amenities. The ground floor is mainly open plan lounge / dining / conservatory / reception etc
Everything is neat and tidy and works well.
Breakfast is a simple buffet but there is plenty of choice (and seating).
Some nice touches include free wifi in the rooms, charging points on the breakfast bar (for laptops and gadgets) and air con in the rooms.
The rooms away from the road are clearly quieter, but overall, the hotel is not troubled by noise in the way that some city centre hotels are.
The area around the hotel is not really full of great places to eat, but there are several pubs and small restaurants around.
All in all functional and good value.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Julian E ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay here with us at the Holiday inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am glad you thought your room was pleasant and that my staff were attentive. I am also pleased you felt your stay was no hassel.

We really appreciate your comments as they really do help us to get better and are a great guide as to how we are really doing.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

An ideal base with a recently refurbished room that wins hands down over the Holiday inn Kensington forum for a fraction of the cost. Great shower with clean bathroom, comfy bed and decent linen, clean tidy room and quiet location not too much noise from the area considering location. Easy walk to stations and with a bit of a walk some good places to eat.
The breakfast was typical HIEX with dodgy scramblled egg and what could be sausages and watery baked beans failing that toast and cereal is always stable.
I like this Express as if they all go this way then the brand will be good!

Room Tip: The annex is where i stayed and these rooms were away from the main road down a side road which was...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RobH567
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Rob H,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you found the location was just right for visiting London and you liked our rooms so much.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about you stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to choose our Express brand again and come and stay with us again soon.