“Good hotel for a football night”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #317 of 1,069 Hotels in London
amsterdam
“Good hotel for a football night”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is good. Very friendly staff. Stayed here while going to a Chelsea game at Stamford bridge which is a short walking distance and very convenient. Breakfast was nice. A few beer taps right by the reception but no real bar. Room was very nice. The neighborhood is a bit dodgy, many Muslim restaurants and shops. If you're going to Stamford bridge stay here for the night. If you want feel the London vibe stay somewhere more Central.

• Stayed December 2013
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Oded T,

Thank you so Much for taking the time to write a review about your stay experience here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that found the location convenient for the football, i think you description of the area is a little limited as it is a rather cosmopolitan area with Indian,Taiwanese, English Veterinarian, Italian and French restaurants. All this along with half a dozen English pubs all with-in 5 mins walking distance of the hotel.

I also feel you get a great London Vibe right here if you are open to it.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Clean rooms well equipped for an over night stay. Reception staff were very friendly, polite and informative. Nothing was too much trouble..Excellent location within easy walking distance of two tube stations.
Breakfast very good, plenty of choice and space to eat.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Plimsoll_13

Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you like the hotel and found my team really helpful and polite. I am also glad you liked the breakfast too.

We do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again Soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 13, 2013

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Located in the Earl's Court neighbourhood, approx. 10-12 minutes walk from the Tube stations West Brompton or West Kensington. There are also few bus stops and buses passing by. There are few shops and restaurants around.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** There are two building - main one and the annex. When I entered the lobby I thought it was actually recently opened. It looked really good, elegant (not like some other HIE which look "cheap") and straight away you notice front desk staff ready to help you.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Business.

RESERVATION *** I have made this reservation on the IHG website. With my frequent customer profile it was extremely easy, just few steps and everything is done and all my details transferred (room preference, address, contact details, frequent guest card number etc.). Reservation emailed to me, accessible online and also on their hotel mobile application.

CHECK-IN *** It took me approx. 3 minuted to be checked-in. Very professional, efficient and polite reception staff. As I am Platinum IHG Rewards member, my room was allocated in advance, key card and registration card ready and envelope with a welcome letter and complimentary premium Internet access codes were given.

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Reception is connected with a bar, which you can use during the day and in the evening. Spotless clean, very bright and inviting. It doesn't look like "regular HIE". Really well maintained and kept in a great condition. In the morning the entire lobby is connected with a breakfast room, but it doesn't make it messy - there are plenty seats available, so guests can enjoy it in their own space.

ROOM *** I have booked "1 Double Bed wiith Sofa Bed Non-smoking" room and this was delivered. It was in the annex part (which looked like newer building). Clear signs direct you to the building and to your room (#3306).
Room was quite spacious, standard HIE style, but what I really liked and could notice straight away - it was spotless clean and fresh. Like completely brand new room - WOW. Really impressive (and I've stayed in many HIE in the past).
It is not 4 or 5* hotel, but I would definitely say that comfort which was provided was like -4*. Very comfortable bed, 4 pillows (2 different types), flat screen TV, working desk, sofa (which can be for two additional, smaller guests), coffee/tea making kit - that's what you need for a comfortable stay. Internet access was simple and connectivity was great - no issues at all.

On the annex building ground floor there is an ice-machine which you can use at any time.

BATHROOM *** Once again I will mention term "standard HIE", but... Not a single mark on the mirror or the shower glass cover! I want that person to do the same for me at home with the cleaning! Spotless clean!!!
Fluffy white towels and basic toiletries were provided (liquid soap and all-body shampoo/gel).

BREAKFAST *** Breakfast is served from 07.00 am until 10.30 am. It might be busy, but there are plenty seats and staff was very attending to keep everybody happy. Breakfast is also nothing fancy, but exactly what you may need to start your day.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Complimentary for IHG Rewards members. Voucher provided without asking, connectivity was perfect. This is how it should be done.

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** Quick and hassle-free! Surprised? I wasn't. My invoice was printed and all documentation given. Nice, last "goodbye" smile from your lovely staff and I was ready to go.
My IHG Rewards points were allocated few days later.

STAFF *** Reception staff was absolutely perfect. From the beginning until I left the building. I absolutely loved the way they were dealing with their guests (myself included). Helpful when needed. Thank you.

OVERVIEW *** Veeeeery pleasantly surprised with HIE London Earl's Court. I am definitely recommending this hotel for business and leisure visitors. Quite good (accessible) location, comfortable & clean rooms and fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with sofa are better and usually available for the same price
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marqoos_pl
Dear marqoos_pl

Thank You so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you like the hotel and found my team really helpful and polite. you liked the location and the ease of access. I am also glad you liked the breakfast too.

Chester
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a one night trip to London for my husbands birthday. We took advantage of the reduced rate deal on booking.com so wasn't too sure what to expect, but it was very clean, very spacious and had a really nice powerful shower. It had everything we needed for a base whilst visiting the sights. The nearest tube, West Kensington, is about a 5 minute walk away, which is left out of the station and on the same raid, so very easy to find. People with lots of luggage or walking difficulties might want to get a taxi there. Breakfast was very basic but good enough, with hot and cold options, tea, coffee and juices. The breakfast is complimentary, not included in the price, therefore is completely acceptable. I would recommend this hotel for people looking for a comfortable, clean base to explore London. It totally does its job.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Taysturg

I am so pleased you like the hotel and you really appreciated the hard work my housekeeping team put into cleaning the rooms.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here with colleagues whilst attending an event in the city, can't fault the hotel, For its position it is quiet, the tube is a short walk, there is a car park, the rooms are clean, the service is friendly and nothing seemed to much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear GloucesterDobbie,

I am so pleased you like the hotel and you couldn't fault your stay we really appreciate your kind comments.

General Manage
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good standard HI Express considering it's in London; where I would have expected the higher rotation of guests to have diminished its standard. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and serviced properly. There is even about 12 parking spaces.

The only small negative points are the a/c heating unit was noisy even when turned off and the fire alarm detector indicator had a high intensity flashing that was a bit annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Ideayton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay experience here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased that you liked the hotel and that you found our service friendly and welcoming.

San Jose
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff-- special acknowledgement to Ashar( i hope i spelled his name correctly).. Overall, very pleasant, professional staff...Rooms are very clean-- the annex building where are room was appear brand new ..It is 5 min walk to West Kensington tube but there are buses that you can take to this station as well as to Earl's court starion..The area itself is not the best but we did not feel threatened at all... We walked even at night and we felt safe-- it helps having 2 boys with me:).. The Free breakfast is a bonus.. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear YamSanJose,

I am so pleased that you liked the hotel and that you found our staff Excellent and Anshu will certainly appreciate you kind comments.