“Good quality hotel”

Ranked #325 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Good quality hotel”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good standard HI Express considering it's in London; where I would have expected the higher rotation of guests to have diminished its standard. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and serviced properly. There is even about 12 parking spaces.

The only small negative points are the a/c heating unit was noisy even when turned off and the fire alarm detector indicator had a high intensity flashing that was a bit annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Ideayton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay experience here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased that you liked the hotel and that you found our service friendly and welcoming.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again soon.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
San Jose
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff-- special acknowledgement to Ashar( i hope i spelled his name correctly).. Overall, very pleasant, professional staff...Rooms are very clean-- the annex building where are room was appear brand new ..It is 5 min walk to West Kensington tube but there are buses that you can take to this station as well as to Earl's court starion..The area itself is not the best but we did not feel threatened at all... We walked even at night and we felt safe-- it helps having 2 boys with me:).. The Free breakfast is a bonus.. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear YamSanJose,

I am so pleased that you liked the hotel and that you found our staff Excellent and Anshu will certainly appreciate you kind comments.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again soon.

Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel was easy to find close to tube stations and parking was available. The staff where polite and friendly I experienced great service at the reception. Our hotel room was quite small compared to the picture on the website. The double bed was ok but the sofa bed provided was really uncomfortable as I could feel the crack between the bed. The bathroom was clean and they provided plenty of towels, soap, shampoo etc. however there was some marks and chips on the walls I noticed. The tv in the room was adequate and they provided a room service if requested. The breakfast was the highlight of the stay, they served both continental and a hot breakfast there was plenty to choose from. They also provided a newspaper in the morning to the guests as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear LeighSiddall,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you liked the service provided by the team. I am sorry you didn't find the sofa bed comfortable.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon. My team and I certainly look Forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Shared a very nice twin room in the annexe on Friday night. Room was clean and well presented; staff were very welcoming and obliging. Everything was 'spot on' until breakfast. As it was the weekend and there'd be lots of families staying, we were advised to avoid early morning. We had a busy day ahead of us, so looked forward to a hearty breakfast; one which we should have avoided altogether. There was very little left; a couple of warm inedible and cheap; truly disgusting greasy sausages; rubbery scrambled egg; so one big 'let down'. What does it take to produce a reasonable breakfast? The staff did their best and produced more....... of the same yuk! This really isn't good enough - its grot like this that gives us a bad name in British food and if we can't even cook up a traditional English breakfast - no wonder! I know this is a budget hotel, but that's no excuse. So come on, Holiday Inn do something about this!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ginny-Liz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you found the hotel SPOT ON! yet you were clearly disappointing by breakfast, it is our sincere wish and goal for all our guests to enjoy every aspect of there stay and we take all negative comments to heart. We will certainly look at our breakfast offering to see what we can do to improve it.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again soon and my team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here as it ws very convenitent to the iudeal hone show, we stayed in the rooms adjacent to the main hotel and they were grreat, service was fantastic and we will definatly be back again. Only about 10 min walk from the show and slightly less for the tube

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PaulMasonBristol,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great location, only 12 mins from Fulham Broadway, where there is a good choice of restaurants, pubs. We stayed with our 14 year old for a half term London break and were not disappointed. Room size ok, especially as we had to have the sofa bed out. Rooms and hotel spotless. Great shower, one of the best and easiest to operate in a hotel. My husband is 6ft4 and there was ample room in the large shower space. Choice of soft or hard pillows in the room.
Breakfast choice was brilliant, and considering how busy the hotel was, the tables were cleared quickly and the breakfast supplies were refilled just as quick. Hot food was hot and not sat standing. Good choice of cereal, pastries, toast machine, juice and water.

Never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express but if they are all as good as this one, with staff as helpful
as those at this hotel, then I would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tracey111068,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you like your room and the breakfast. I am also very pleased you found the bed big enough for your husband.

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and had a room in the annexe. The building and common areas are nicely decorated, clean and very pleasant. Our room was very comfortable. The bathroom was fabulous. It had a large shower and was very nicely decorated. It was obviously newly done. The bed was comfortable and the cleanliness of the room was outstanding. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the service at reception (particularly from Elwira) was of a very high standard. Elwira went the extra mile to be helpful and sort out a minor parking problem we had. Her attitude and efficiency was excellent. Well done. We will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dd21,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you like your room especially the fabulous bathrooms and the breakfast. I am also glad Elwira was able to help you out with the parking also.