“Good hotel but not in the best area”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #326 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was overall good but little over priced and definitely not in a live area at night. You have very few places to eat in after 11 pm. And after hours you definitely need a taxi. Area serviced by two tube stations . Need a ten minute walk to arrive to hotel from tube station.

• Stayed: April 2013
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Wael H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience whilst staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so glad you found us to be a good Hotel. I disagree about the area there are a lot of places for you to go. We are a short walk from fulham and broadway and there are loads of restaurants and bars you must remeber that most licenced places do close at 11pm and the Tube mostly stop at midnight.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst in London on a theatre break.The location was ok,the hotel is within easy walking distance of 3 tube stations,although it maybe too far for some to walk with luggage or small children.
Check in was fast and welcoming.our room was fairly compact but ok for a few nights stay,if we were staying longer or had children with us it may not have been so comfortable it was spotlessly clean and well maintained, with everything we needed,nice soft towels and fresh crispy linen on the bed as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
The lobby area was very clean and comfortable with free wi-fi and we enjoyed a drink in the bar on our return from the theatre.
Breakfast was a self serve buffet style, served in a light airy room just off the lobby area which offered a good choice of hot drinks,juice,fresh fruit,yogurts,bakery items and a few hot items,such as sausage and eggs.it was well stocked and the staff kept the area clean and cleared tables quick.
We booked the hotel through a theatre ticket company and for the price we paid we weren't expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again next time we visit London for the theatre.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a very busy main road,we were in a room at the back of the hotel which overlooked a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allison F

Dear Allison F,

I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for the detail of your review. Your comments are really useful to us good or bad as they really help us to focus on what matters to our guests most.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Well, it is not central, but is convenient for travellers, as tube (underground) is quite close, and bus services excellent. Rooms have basic furnishings, and are fine for short stays ... clean and comfortable (which is everything, really) and breakfast is plentiful and pleasurable!
Free wifi in reception/lounge/breakfast area a definite bonus!
Summary: a good, modern, reasonably priced hotel for a short stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MorCow
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

DearMorCow,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court on TripAdvisor.

It was great to read that you liked the hotel and the service provided by my staff.

We really appreciate your comments as they really do help us to understand just how we are doing and what we need to do to improve.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. The Receptionist was friendly, professional and welcoming. Although travellling alone, I was given a twin bedded room. The bed was comfortable and choice of firmness in the pillow was helpful. The bathroom was cleaned to a very high standard..in fact was gleaming!! No bath but that wasnt a problem. An iron and ironing board was delivered quickly when asked for. Breakfast was basic and would have enjoyed more of a hot food selection. I was able to leave luggage and collect after my meeting. This was again accommodated by a very helpful receptionist. The staff were lovely....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Belinda F,

I am so pleased you like the hotel and ther service we provided and that you had a good experience whilst staying here.

We really appreciate your comments as they are a good guide to us on how we are really doing and what we need to do to get better.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Typical HI Express. Rooms, smaller than typical in the US, but fine for two. Clean and modern. Breakfast buffet is included, which is an immense savings.
Walk to tube is reasonable, but wouldn't want to do it with luggage. Taxi service is expensive if you hail down a cab, but if you call a cab service they give you a reasonable flat rate. Ask the hotel for the name and number of such a service.
We took cab to and from hotel to Paddington Station for the Heathrow Express. About 20 GBP.
Great Indian restaurant around corner...Indian Seasonings. Good small upscale Italian down the street with fresh food, but slow service. The Goose was noisy, so we avoided it.
Took two changes of room to get a room free of smokey odor and to get one with windows that open. Staff responsive. Some more helpful than others.
Would book again, but if I had the money, I'd stay closer in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan C,

I am glad that overall you liked the Hotel, I am sorry you had some difficulties with a couple of rooms smelling of smoke. We do have a no smoking policy for all rooms and we do try to remove this oder if smoking occurs.

I do hope that you choose to visit with us again upon your next visit to London

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I express my appreciation & thanks to all the staff at this hotel, who during our recent visit were extremely polite & helpful. I direct my appreciation to Dale Malam in particular, who helped to resolve a difficult situation when my son fell ill & as a family we needed to stay for a day longer than we had planned. The hotel was pretty full & my request to stay in our room for an extra day must have caused some logistical problems for Dale & the staff. They rose to the challenge and helped us out. Should anyone be looking for a well appointed good location in which to stay, whilst in central London, I can not recommend this hotel more highly.

Thanks Dale, please pass on my appreciation to your colleagues.

Location is excellent with only a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station at South Kensington.

There is an fantastic Italian restaurant called "Porcini Pizzeria" only a few minutes walk from the hotel at 244 North End Road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear James C,

It was great to read your comments about how my staff helpped you during a difficult period whilst your child was ill during your stay here. We all here sincerely hope that all is well now with you and your family.

We do hope that you choose stay with us again upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

It was a last minute thing to head to London for an evening to catch up with friends and we were taking the two kids (9 and 4), we found this hotel through Lastminute and booked mainly on price but also location. It was no more than a 10 minute walk (with small child) to the hotel from West Brompton tube which was a good start. I was a little dubious of the location but the hotel was a really pleasant surprise, check in really quick and friendly. The room wasn't massive, double for us and pull out double for the kids which didn't leave too much room, but we were only there for the one night and it was perfectly clean and tidy. Breakfast was included and there was enough choice for us all, although no bacon (I like my bacon!). Free wifi and a couple of computers in the lobby for the kids to play on. Very happy with everything and would stay there again..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Benny007,

I was pleased to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us, I am sorry that we don't do Bacon. I love my bacon to but until it becomes the standard for Holiday inn Express Breakfast I can't put on the buffet. I do appreciate your comment though and it will be refected in my customer reviews to the power that be.