“If you want a lay in don't stay”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #312 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“If you want a lay in don't stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here as a theatre package the end of feb and was fine until we where woken up by the maid coming in and waking us up luckily we had the chain on so we went to find out what the check out time was and we had 2 hours before check out we had breakfast and in the middle of me changing she came in again all the staff said was sorry she must be new

Room Tip: The fifth floor was good away from everything
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HOTELEC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear coco247,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that overall you liked the hotel and it is a shame that you were disturbed twice by our housekeeping team. We have discussed your comments as a team and have resolved to try not to disturb staying guest as much as possible. If I can offer a tip, on your door is a Do Not Disturb card that can be hung from your door to help us know if guest's require a lay in. This really helps us to know for sure that you do not wish to be disturbed.

I do hope that you choose to come back again soon to stay with us again.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel has many positives but I would not stay there with more than 2 people per room.

This was a family vacation and our children are 14 and 16. The sofa beds are simply unacceptable. We had the staff try and make them more confortable 3 times and eventually gave up. Those beds are like sleeping on wooden boxes with a bed sheet on top. I would not have been able to spend 8 nights there on those beds with my bad back.

We also had to ask for extra towels every day. I don't know why they would give 3 towels when they know there are 4 people in a room. This was a problem when we got back to the hotel after house keeping had left.

The staff was helpfull and the hotel was very clean. The location was quite good for use since it was close to 2 underground stations which go to most important sites. The bus will drop you right at the door at night if you are worried about walking. The breakfast was adequate.

I would not have the staff arrange anything for you, it tends to be much more expensive. For example a taxi ride to the airport would have been 50 pounds, I arranged it myself for 37.

If it was just my wife and I, I would have no problems staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cyberninja
Dear Cyberninja,

I am glad that overall you liked the hotel and that you found the service from the staff was good. I am sorry you found the sofa beds so uncomfortable. Although these sofa beds are in good working order we are looking to change them soon. So I hope you can come back and try these in the near future.

We really do appreciate your comments and they are of a great value to us as they really do help to guide us and to keep us in formed of how we are doing and what we can do to improve.

We do hope that you come back to stay with us again soon.

Kilmarnock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were met on arrival by Dale and a small blonde haired girl (Think her name was Elvera).
They made us very welcome Elvera Helped us with train times and underground etc .Both very pleasant and helpfull.wanted to say we appreciated that .....
All staff polite and helpfull we spent 6 days there and feel it is very good value for money .close to underground with a nice breakfast to start the day ......
We were very happy with everything at the hotel.......

Room Tip: make sure you request a double room if that is what you require.............
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear skywillie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased to read your review and that you really felt welcomed to the Hotel, We feel it is so important to ensure that we greet our guests well. I know my team will certainly appreciate your comments and it does make me feel proud of them when I read guest's acknowledgement of the service they have provided.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Earls Court last week for 5 days and it really exceeded my expectations. The hotel is located in Earls Court near tube Station West Brompton (5 min. by foot). There is a bus station right in front of the hotel and various other stations around the corner. Even though it is near a busy street with many little shops and restaurants, the hotel itself is very quiet. Many supermarkets, cafés and restaurants are within walking distance.
The rooms and windows appear to be very soundproof, I slept like a baby. We heard none of the traffic and the air condition was quiet, too (no annoying noise). The rooms are very clean, nice and comfortable; a bit lacking of closet space but for a short term stay it is ok. We had two separate beds, very comfy with different types of pillows. The bathroom was very spacious and super clean with lots of big, plush towels. There is a big flat screen TV with lots of channels.
The staff was always helpful and friendly, we were welcomed very warm and attentive. Breakfast was better than most other hotels I have tried in London with a large variety of cereal, fresh and cut fruit, yoghurt, pastries, mini muffins, breads, rolls, juices and of course eggs, sausages, baked beans and toast. There is a coffeemaker for cappuccino, hot milk, regular coffee and tea, which was good, too. The hotel staff cleaned constantly the area around the self-service breakfast bar and was quick to clean the tables after guest left after having breakfast. There was always enough of everything at the buffet, we did not lack of anything.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers and friends visiting London for work or leisure and I would come back next time for sure.

Room Tip: we had a room on the third floor in the second building in the back which seemed to be newly renovat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Smellycat1979
HOTELEC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Smellycat1979,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review about your Stay here at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court Hotel.

I am are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the hotel. My team here are a great group of people who constantly show their dedication to their work and your kind comments will certainly be appreciated by them.

Thank you once again for your comments as they are a good guide to us as to how we are doing and what we need to do to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel upon your next visit to London

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a chance to stay at the Holiday Inn Express King's Court for 5 nights last September It should really be called Fulham as it is nearer to that area
The rooms were small but immaculate and no noise which suited me after a long day of sightseeing
The neighborhood itself is very vibrant and there are good restaurants less then a block away including a scrumptious and family-owned Indian which was a great dining experience on my way to Westminster on the tube at night
The location is a bit far from central London but the tubes are VERY close (less then 10 minutes walk) and I felt safe walking home late at night from the West Brompton station especially It was glorious every morning to walk through this neighborhood on the way to the Tube and pick up a paper at one of the news agents and some supplies for the day in London
I would say that the breakfast is middling in quality but it was free and abundant but there are so many choices for breakfast or brunch in London, so this is definitely not your only option
Very good value for $£€ overall ! I would stay again for that good price !

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Bripat22
HOTELEC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Bripat22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am gald that you enjoyed your stay and that you seemed to get to know the area a little bit.

We do hope that you choose to stay with us again unpon your next visit to London.

Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed for two nights and were very pleased with the accommodation. North End Road is very lively and handy for the rest of London. The room was a good size, and immaculately clean. The room was very quiet, even though it is on the busy road. The continental breakfast is good value, and the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the new extension at the back - it is modern and away from the main road
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marianne601,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you liked North End Road.

Thank you so much for your comments as they really are a good guide as to how we really are doing.

glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel but won,t be the last. Lovely rooms, comfy beds and breakfast was good . Easy reach of the west kensington/earls court tube stations with access to central London but check which route available to get to your destination .Staff were really helpful and Dale was as charming as ever! 1st stay was in original building but this one was the new annex - did't notice the noise reported by the other reviewer.Having an ice machine was really useful too .taxi back at night from town was about £25 split 4 ways was no problem . We did't eat around the hotel but in Coventry gdns then taxied back .looking forward to returning in the summer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HOTELEC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear janice m,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay.

It is wonderful to hear from someone who has stay on more than one occasion as your comments reflects a consistency of service. I am sure that Dale will certainly appreciate your remarks about his customer service as I do.

We look forward to you coming back in the summer.