“Great Value, Great Service”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #326 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Value, Great Service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Earls Court from September 24 to 26, 2012. We booked on Hotwire and got a rate of $90 CDN per night, which for London is a bargain. Hotwire advises of the name of the hotel after booking and we were disappointed when we read the reviews. We were concerned about location and safety as well as noise from the road. After booking, we emailed the hotel to advise of our booking and to request a room in the new area (I highly advise it) and to request 1 double bed (Hotwire does not allow the making of that selection). We were very impressed by the quick reply from Elwira Topolska Reservation Co-Ordinator. She was grateful to have the opportunity to know that we required a double bed (rather than try to guess and have the wrong type of bed when we arrived) and was happy to grant our request to be placed in the new area. Emailing ahead when booking a hotel through a third party is generally an excellent idea and we have had great luck doing so.
When we arrived, we were cheerfully greeted by Agne, a smiley and friendly front desk attendant who provided us with access codes for wi-fi in the room even though that is normally an extra charge. The room was in the new section (you have to walk outside for 10 steps as it is in a separate, new building controlled by key lock access. The room was a nice surprise, clean, comfortable, and very spacious. Everything worked as it should. I do not recall having seen pictures of the new rooms on the website but they are quite modern.
We found the area to be very safe. Although it is not the type of area where you would casually walk around in the evening, there are some restaurants and pubs in the area. Mostly we went to conventional tourist areas and returned, often late in the evening by tube and walked to the hotel (about 12 minutes). Never did we feel threatened or even apprehensive about our safety. The 2 tube stations near by are equally distant from the hotel.
The breakfast, while not gourmet, was what we expected with sausage, eggs, fruit, ceral, bread, etc. Plenty to fill one up until lunch and beyond.

Room Tip: email ahead to make specific requests about rooms, location, etc. The hotel appreciates being able...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Earl's Court for a week. We are used to North American standards when it comes to accommodations and I was a bit apprehensive after hearing that a lot of hotels in London are small in size. I was very happy with the room that we received.

We got to the hotel at 10AM so the room wasn't ready yet. We left our luggage in the hotel's luggage storage room and spent the day sightseeing. We came back to the hotel in the evening, made use of the safety deposit box at reception (which is free of charge), picked up our luggage and went to our room.

I had sent an email a few days prior to our stay to request one of the newly refurbished rooms in the other building. This was exactly what we received! The room looked as if nobody has used it before. It was very nicely decorated, spacious and the AC worked wonderfully well! The only complaint I had about the room was that there were no drawers or closet to store clothes which would have been very useful over a week's stay. But it was no big deal and we were able to manage.

I also wanted to note that there are plenty of electric outlets in the room, but only one that can be safely used for american eletronics (this is in the bathroom). You will need a converter for all the rest, which I had so I had no problems.

Previous reviews made me very worried about the area that the hotel was in. The area is different that what you would find in central London, but it didn't really bother us too much. There is a Chinese restaurant close by which is really good, as well as a fish & chips takeout and convenience store.

If the walk to the tube station is too long/far for you, you can easily take a bus from Lillie Rd and get off 2 stops later.

Breakfast was great! There were plenty of options, but it would have been better if they switched some of the items every other day just to accommodate guests who are staying more than a couple of nights. In any case, I still enjoyed the croissants, sausages, eggs and beans.

Wifi is free at the lobby, so we often stopped by before heading to our room. The front desk staff are all very helpful and friendly. If I ever go back to London, I will most definitely look into staying at this hotel again, as long as the cost stay reasonable.

Room Tip: Choose the Queen room with the pullout couch. This gives you a larger room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights whilst attending a conference. As usual for Hi Express this was spotless, with a very well appointed room, happy helpful staff and a nice calm atmosphere. I was very pleasantly surprised by how quiet the hotel room was bearing in mind this is London. I am generally a light sleeper but had no trouble here at all. The hotel is divided into two buildings with a link between them. I was in the rear of the two, which is probably also the quieter.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room in the back building if like me you like a very quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HOTELEC, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments on our hotel, and for the 5 star rating!!

We are very pleased that you had an excellent stay and a good night’s sleep.

And thank you very much for your review.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of a 2-week trip to UK. Everything was just fine for the price. Room was clean and fairly large, with an area off to the side with a small couch so we could spread out a bit. Bathroom was also clean with good shower, good water pressure. Area does not have much to offer, but we were looking for a jumping off point for the rest of the city. About a 10-minute walk to the Tube but easy access to the bus if that is too far. Some of the hotel staff were more helpful than others with directions, help with public transportation, etc. Large breakfast area that was quite busy every morning, but we could always find a seat. Many self-serve breakfast options, including all kinds of coffee. We arrived early after an overnight flight and couldn't check in until later, but we were allowed to have breakfast and sit for a while, which really helped.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel, and for taking the time to write your comments on Trip advisor.

We are very pleased that you had an excellent stay with us!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is my second review of the holiday inn earls court. The hotel has been renovated in the main reception / breakfast area since I had been here last and is very nice. Again staff were extremely helpful, upon checking in I was informed of the priority club which I signed up for and it entitled me to free wifi and late check out at 2pm. Good choice of food for breakfast, they don't serve food in the evening but a member of staff helped me to order food from a local take away. Room was very nice, had a flat screen tv with a good selection of channels. Will be staying here in the future, I highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Laura7746
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments as well as returning to stay with us.

We are very happy to hear you like our renovation and that you enjoyed your stay with as well as joined our priority club. I’m going to pass your great review to the whole team.

Thanks once again for the review, hope to welcome you back soon!!

Hereford
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Booked to stay here due to the fact that the hotel was near the business venue I was attending. Staff great and very friendly, particularly the guy on reception when we checked in. Good service and room more reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you like the hotel and had a pleasant stay. Many thanks for your comments about the staff; I will pass your comment to Dale.

We hope we can welcome you back soon!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there two weeks ago and noted that it was the best choice. Considering the price, the premises and the location (10 minutes walk from the district line). I arrived earlier than the check in and to my surprise they told me that I could have my room ready straight away. Loved so much with my family.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court and for the 5 star rating!!

We are very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.