Marble Arch - Gloucester Place Hotel
Rosewood London(London)
$556
$416
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2013

we spent one night at Gloucester Place Hotel... i didnt expected like that at all... lovely.... the people who works there are very kind and friendly, the rooms are big, clean and very pretty... breakfast lots of food and different things to eat.....and the position??!!! the Marble Arch tube station is very close, and you can arrive by walk in Oxford Street in 5 minutes!!!
WE WILL COME BACK!!!
and.... for the people who write stupid and absolutely not accurate reviews about the hotel, maybe they have to spend more money and go in a 5 star hotel... do not pretend to spend nothing and find gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elis V
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I tried so many not too expensive hotels in London, and it's the first time I let a comment for one of them... As usual in London hotels, the noise can be a problem. For Gloucester Place hotel, even if the windows are double glazed, if you have a light sleep, you will suffer from noise from the big street. However, it's very well located, just few minutes from the tube station Baker Street. I tried 2 different rooms. Some rooms, those front the courtyard, are incredible quiet. The quality of service is excellent, the staff is very nice and always looking to help you. The rooms are very clean, the bedding is very comfortable, and the breakfast is good. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MichelleABC123
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked this based on a recommendation from a colleague for the night following our Christmas Party. I should have gone home!

I had booked a double room with single occupancy. B & B £90. The reception is in the basement, my room was on the 4th floor. There is no lift. Whilst the staff are really helpful this is certainly no place to stay if you are not mobile.

Not all rooms are en-suite. Thankfully mine was but I had to run around in the shower to get wet. Bed was soft and lumpy. Towels were small and thin, which to be honest was not really a problem because I was far from wet in the first instance given the shower.

There is tea and coffee, kettle etc. The room was very hot but I guess I prefer a cooler room anyway so the room temperature may be acceptable to others.

The price is completely variable....a colleague gooked two days before I did, but at least six weeks in advance and got a far better price than I. When questioned the reason provided was becasue he booked earlier than me. Two days. Crazy.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an en-suite room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Disgusted_TWells
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was very clean and quiet, safe and central location, pretty furniture, big room. Shared bathroom clean and comfortable.
I arrived at 2am and had no problem to check in.
Even if I had booked for a single room, I had a double bed and a spare bed in the corner.
Courtesy keyttle, tea, coffee and buiscuits available in the room
I enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: I would stay there again in the future
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank w m
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are looking for fancy furnishings do not go here. The hotel felt like it was our own London townhouse. Yes, they need better furniture but that is there only drawback. Also no elevator. They do however, carry you luggage up to your room.
The location was perfection. Baker Street 2 minutes, Oxford Street 5 minutes walk. Bus and tube stations minutes from your door. The Street that the hotel was on was so charming. The staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was good enough to get you going for the day. When you asked for more toast or coffee, you had it within seconds.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple