“OK for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #612 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Camberley
“OK for an overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

A nice friendly hotel, which is only worth a one night stay. It was clean and the staff were friendly on arrival and during stay. Our room was small (about 10ft x 10ft ), but was clean and it had a decent shower & toilet attached. There was complimentary tea, coffee & milk, along with a couple of apples & oranges and a fridge.
A TV on the wall had basic freeview channels and there was a safe in the room, but no instructions, but as we only stayed the night, didn't bother to ask.
The room was clean, but did not look the ones in the hotels adverts.
Breakfast was had downstairs, the staff there was friendly too, and there was a choice of breakfasts, juices & cereals.
My breakfast was a bit strange, but not being a fussy eater, I ate it. They served turkey bacon instead of our normal bacon, along with eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms & sausages.
Walking back to the station, we passed cafes which offered a better looking breakfast, so IF we stayed here again, we wouldn't accept the breakfast offer.

Room Tip: No lift, and narrow corridors, so I personally wouldn't reccommend for disable persons.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank billy1910

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a value hotel, this one is fantastic, and location convenient/walking distance to major attractions and subway. The rooms are small, but exceedingly clean with little touches - bottled water and fruit were so thoughtful. The management/owners are very friendly (we were greeted with tea on arrival), courteous and kind, and professional (literally!). We felt so welcomed, treated like friends. Their cafe downstairs is surprisingly beautiful, decorated in Eastern style with Persian carpets and exotic decor. They really aim to please and we felt like guests.

Room Tip: Disabled should know there is no elevator for upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PatricksID
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

£31.50 got me the last single room No44 at the Bridge Hotel in the Borough which is in south east London (SE1) for Sunday night to Monday morn. I had some difficulty getting my room door to open with the plastic card but attempt No 8 or thereabouts finally got me in. The room was small but clean and tidy. A furry elephant greeted me on the single bed. I have an OCD with geometric shapes so it would have been much nicer to be greeted by a furry triangle instead but the elephant was fine and quirky. There was a tv and remote but I couldn’t get the tv to switch on though I did try changing to another of the plug sockets but still no joy. The toilet and shower room was a flight downstairs and I made use of these the next morning. Soap and shampoo (the shampoo wasted on my hairless head) was provided and clean towels. Brekkie was £7 extra but I made do with a cup of tea/coffee gratis using the sachets and kettle in the room.
My sleep wasn’t as hoped but I’m leaning towards my status as a targeted individual rather than the hotel being at fault for the odd and frequent noises (not loud) that interfered with my sleep. Mattress was firm and the pillows could have been softer but that’s my sleeping preference and should I have visited reception to ask about the TV or for softer pillows felt I would have had a positive response. Would give this hotel another stay should I need one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike C
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here last November and my room was on the ground floor. To find my room I had to pass through this really not very attractive set of halls (it was as if the hotel had bought and added on different properties without much thought to decoration - it also made me feel really claustraphobic and I felt a bit unsafe due to the narrow little hallway-but I must admit I am a bit of a panicker for these things and can be very over imaginative). I had a shared bathroom which was vert clean as was the room. The owner was very friendly and does his best to make guests feel very welcome. I found the breakfast room very dark (it was actually the hotel restaurant). The breakfast was poor. The location is very good, close to two main underground lines. I was glad I only had booked for one night and I wouldnt stay at the hotel again due to where this room was located, though I do want to again say how friendly the receptionist and manager where, even offering us hot tea when we came in in the evening.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as the lower floors are reached by passing through very narrow and unattrac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Graceharvey
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff is very kind and will help you everything you need! The Hotel is very nice and clean (wooden floor, not carpets!!); it is situated in a very "strategic" position, near the Underderground Station (5 minutes by foot) and the centre town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiziano_PMilano
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 weeks in order to visit our daughter and new grandson who lived close by. The room was clean, warm and comfortable and well priced for something so close to all the London attractions. The old style Hotel has the London feel to it but it is warm and cosy. The service is exceptional with very gracious staff who can't do enough to make you comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend The Bridge Hotel to our friends going to London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank graham b
Kettering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with two other friends in a triple room. We booked here with only a week till our stay so could only get shared bathroom however it was right outside our door and was probably only used by someone else a couple of times! It felt like our own little flat. There was everything you needed in the room, a microwave, hairdryer, fridge, telly, wardrobe. It was all lovely and clean except for the microwave which was a little bit dirty but that wasnt a problem! The staff were so lovely and helpful and even at 2am they were at reception to help my friend who needed an emergency inhaler! Great stay :)

• Stayed March 2013