“Great value hotel”

Ranked #626 of 1,068 Hotels in London
United Kingdom
“Great value hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night. The room was clean and the shower was hot ! The furniture was a bit mix and match but fine. You get free fruit, water and a simple breakfast included which considering all for £69 is a great deal. I didn't see a lot of the staff since arrived late and left early but you could tell they are trying really hard to create a down to earth, solid hotel which they are achieving. Tip : Book via Quidco on hotels.com and get 10% cashback.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank worthywow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Was taking a 1 night /2day trip to London to be in the audience at the filming of a pilot TV show. Decided to try this hotel because of its location it's location within reasonable walking distance of the TV studio on the South Bank.
As a solo traveller & it was only 1 night I chose a single room with shared bathroom. Although not modern, The hotel proved to be ideal & I would definitely consider using it again in similar circumstances
My room was fairly basic, but bedding & linen were spotless, as was the bathroom which was just across the corridor. The weather was the coldest it has been this year & it was a joy to walk into my room which was centrally heated & beautifully warm. The staff were all very welcoming, attentive & helpful (when I returned freezing to the hotel in the late evening, the young lady on reception noticed how cold I was & unasked, gave me a very welcome cup of tea to warm me up).
Breakfast was really good, with plenty of choice & when I checked out I was asked if I had been satisfied with my stay. Altogether, a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ANN J
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two week and i must say that it was very good, the staff was excellent always kind and friendly, the rooms were always very clean and nice suited with free fruits and water. Then we had a very nice bathroom with soap and shampoo provided also for free. The hotel is in a very good position close to the war museum, the parliament house and a lot of other very interesting locations, the place is close even to a very known club "ministry of sound" there are lots of pubs, fast food, restaurants and a very nice market with any kind of shops.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johny A
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Located beside London Bridge mainline train and tube stations, this location is excellent.; 30 minutes from Gatwick and 15 from Picadilly. It's right beside the Borough market and very close to the Globe and other tourist attractions. The breakfast was super; both variety and quality. The room was really lovely; big enough by London standards and with a really comfortable kong size bed in the standard room. Being beside the Shard, it is still surrounded by road building. That's most likely why the price was so good: £339 for two for three nights including breakfast. In fact there was no noise at all. There are lovely pubs in the area and the All Bar One restraunt next door has excellent value Sun to Thursday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AnnJo186605
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently flew from Australia to watch Swansea in the Capitol cup final and spent 2 nights at the bridge.

After spending so much on flights and knowing that I'd be spending little time at the hotel and more time in bars, I just wanted a Southwark base where I could easily see the local sites and navigate across london from. The bridge hotel provided this and more.

The hotel is a short walk/swing to elephant an castle and borough tube stations and had I not been on crutches, an easy enough walk to borough market, the Tate, the London eye etc.

My room was quite compact but very clean and the free water, fruit and tea/coffee facilities were a welcome addition.

The hotel undersells itself with 'continental breakfast' as really you get a load more. All the cereals and fruit juice, toast and the option of eggs and baked beans. It was a great breakfast to start the day and the dining room was decorated with interesting Iranian artefacts including 2 goat heads which is great. Sharing breakfast with goats is brilliant.

I think the factor that sets the bridge apart though is the staff. To a person, they were all very happy, welcoming and basically couldn't do enough for me. I was allowed to leave my luggage in a secure room for free, they changed my room to a ground floor room to avoid me having to go up the steps, offered to deliver breakfast to my room, ordered cabs...just customer service at top end level for budget prices. I also got a voucher for 10% off my next stay.

Nice people should prosper in this world and I hope my review helps bring the bridge hotel the success it deserves.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank jamrob78
united kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

staff and management go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.It was my birthday and they noticed my birthday cards in my room and they made me feel special.On our stay in London we stayed at the 5 star Mayfair hotel hotel AND THEY DID NOT MAKE US FEEL SPECIAL. The brige hotel not only arranged a taxi for us they also phoned around for the cheapest price. The
bridge hotel is in a great location,we walked to westminster daily,it is abudget5 hotel,it is clean and omfortable,the staff are friendly. If we were to visit London again we would come back to this hotel,and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: no poblems with rooms unless disabled if so ask for a room on the ground floor.