“Reasonable hotel”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #634 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We recently visited London. Our first hotel was a mistake, but fortunately,the bridge hotel was not. It was quiet, clean and extremely comfortable. Everything about this hotel, from the staff to the amenities offered were first rate. I will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London and needing a quiet, clean, reasonable hotel.very close to waterloo and London bridge .war museum and south bank university.

Room Tip: First floor was excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I agree on great location, but can hardly believe the other reviews. Close to both Waterloo + elefant and castle underground which is great. Staff is friendly but our room nr 6 was small, dirty and black mould in one corner due to incoming water issues. There was a dirty smell on whole ground floor. No street noise, but very easy to hear the neighbours upstair doing gymnastics, and people getting home late. Breakfast was ok, coffe, tea, bread, cornflakes, milk and youghurt.
Nice to have free wi-fi. We had a doubleroom without toilet and bath for 85 pounds a day. Maybe this is the pricelevel for a hotel like this in London. Rgds Jakob, Denmark

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jakob K
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for my daughter's graduation and booked two rooms. The rooms were clean and extremely comfortable with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge/freezer and also one on the rooms had a kitchenette. The beds were comfortable. The staff are very friendly and hospitable and cant do enough to make the stay comfortable and enjoyable. This hotel is an absolute must if wanting to tour the inner City as everything is in very easy reach.
We recommend this hotel very highly especially the staff and would like to thank Mr Quarashi who made us feel that we were at home.

The price is so reasonable that you just cant ask for more.

Many thanks for a wonderful experience

sharma family

Room Tip: we had the rooms on the higher floor and found them quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ranju257
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed here with 3 of my girl friends in the four bed standard and we all had a really nice time. It was a very cute room, clean and my bed was comfortable. There was a TV (although we didn't use it), tea and coffee, a bowl of fresh fruit, a good sized fridge and a sink. We had a shared bathroom/toilet which was well looked after and we had no problems there. Our room was at the top of the building so a few stairs but that also wasn't an issue for us.

The staff were really friendly and when we asked for more milk for tea/coffee in the room, a man bought up a bottle of fresh milk for us. When my friend and I arrived we were greeted by a very friendly man who gave us Chinese tea and a rose each as a welcome. It was a little bizarre but I liked that it was different! We didn't get up in time for the breakfast so I don't know if it was good.

This is more what I'd describe as a hostel and was perfect for one night as my friends and I just wanted to chill after a gig - I would not recommend this if you are looking for luxury on a long term stay, nor would I advise for a business trip. In my opinion it would suit laid back, traveller types who appreciate good value places to stay. It only cost me and my friends £32 each for the night and you wouldn't find much cheaper in central London! We found it to be a quirky place, a lot of fun and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is really value for money in comparison to other hotels in same location, close to underground and train stations as well as other attractions like big ben, tower bridge etc.
More importantly the friendly service did provide me a 'feel like home' experience, it's propably the kindest hotel I have stayed so far, I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: They do provide rooms with special needs, eg, disability, baby/toddler, so do mention them at time o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MVMUK
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice friendly hotel with helpful staff and good clean rooms. I would use this hotel again if I were staying in London, not too far to walk to get to tube and rail stations and not too long a journey
to all the major attractions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and I was horrified. I was amazed that it shoud be displaying a four star rating in reception from trip advisor. I had booked for 2 nights and it was the worst hotel expereince of my life. I was directed down a grotty smelly corridor to my room. I was travelling alone and as the hotel did not have a single room I paid for a double room with breakfast. The room was tiny, room for a bed and a small basic cupboard for a wardrobe. . Not even a chair. I explained when I booked in that I needed breakfast at 07.15am as I had an early business meeting. I was assurred that would not be a problem. When I arrived at reception in the morning and approached a scruffy receptionist who appeared to be dressing. I was told breakfast would be at 07.30am, At 07.30am I was taken outside and down into a basement which was in complete darkness. The receptionist put the lights on to reveal a rather
dull dark depressing environment with no sign of staff or breakfast! I explained I needed breakfast urgently, but was told the kettle needed to be boiled. Milk appeared which this guy seemed to be smelling before he put it in the jug. I asked for toast but the toaster didn't seem to work. Some more guests started to arrive and proceeded to delve into a large breadbin to find some bread! Totally unhygienic! I was horrified. Scrambed eggs and tea arrived at 07.40...... too late... my taxi was waiting and I had to leave for work! I needed to book out the seond morning at 06.15am and was assurred there would be someone at reception as the doors were always locked. When i arrived at reception there was a duvet and pillow on the sofa, from the sweaty smell in reception it was obvious someond had slept there all night.However there was noone to let me out. I was locked in reception and I could see my taxi waiting outside. After banging on some doors a guy, half dressed appeared, and let me out! I felt I was escaping!! I was glad to leave and would never use this hotel again and will be telilng everyone I know of my experience.!! (When I called the hotel initially to book I was promised so much, breakfast at any time of the morning, I was even promised breakfast on the second morning for my early departure.............. Broken promises, seems anything to get the business

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business