“Fabulous staff, great service and a lovely place to stay”

The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue
Ranked #437 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Fabulous staff, great service and a lovely place to stay”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel twice and have already booked to stay again next week. You get a great friendly welcome, and even assistance to carry your cases up the few steps. The rooms are very modern, with comfy beds. Sometimes you can hear the tube underneath, but you soon zone out of this. The staff are very helpful and friendly, and want to help you all they can. The chef gives you a cheery 'morning' as you enter the Atrium for breakfast. Breakfast is great; you can have a cooked breakfast, a selection of cereals, cold meats, cheese, salmon, and they will even cook you an omelette or pancake to your requirements, right in front of you. If you want eggs cooked in a particular, they do that too. The rooms all have silent air con, and the Wi-FI works. Fab customer service and a lovely place to stay. At only 133 steps from the corner of Euston station, there is nothing to dislike!

1 Thank Sarah S
JohNyota, General Manager at The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Distinguished guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting such a positive review! I am extremely delighted that we exceeded your expectations.

JZ from London wrote recently, “A great hotel in a good location close to the tube and mainline stations for easy access with luggage and then travel into the centre. This is the second time I have stayed here. The rooms are modern and nicely furnished with a good size bathroom. They have all the little extras which make a short or long stay more enjoyable, including internet in the room, complimentary toiletries, bottles of water, hair-dryer by a mirror, laptop sized safe and an ironing board! The staff are very polite and helpful to meet any requests you have. For breakfast there is a wide choice - and the staff are very happy to help with eggs cooked to order from the hot buffet. Overall I would recommend this hotel for all travellers - business and pleasure.

And MarK Edward from Dudley writes, “Having booked a Double Deluxe room through Hotels.com for a long weekend in London for my partners birthday, a short telephone conversation ensured a complementary upgrade to a superb Junior Suite. The room was modern, spacious and meticulously presented. The birthday card and complimentary fruit waiting for us upon arrival was a great personal touch. The selection of tea and coffee along with individual snack biscuits along with two free bottles of water every day once again made the difference between an average stay and one to remember. Excellent choice of freshly cooked items for breakfast along with copious amounts of fresh salmon and other options for the none meat eaters. 10 out of 10 all round for this little gem right on Euston stations doorstep. We will be returning without a shadow of a doubt.”

A social enterprise like ours thrives on the positive messages from people like yourselves. As you may have learnt from us during your stay, we are the first ethical hotel in the UK. What that means is that we aim to provide guests with what we promise, that is quality service and accommodation but also all our profits are gift-aided for the education of deserving students all over the world. We are also extremely carbon-conscious, ethical procurement and waste management.

MD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here recently with family and friends. We had a junior suite with 2 'put me up' beds' for the kids.

The room was very clean and tidy, the shower excellent and facilities in the room were good.

Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2014

O dear, what a dreadful mistake it was, booking here! The lift gives you a warning: it looks old and it is dirty, and when you get to the floor, o my, the carpet is worn and stained. Then the room: my double deluxe is a stuffy (i could touch the ceiling, and I am not a tall person!) dreadfully small affair, only storage being a closet one coat hanger wide. And that is it, for two people.
The carpet was stained, the shower door did not close properly, the "desk" was worn out, the telephone antidiluvian... could go on and on. I do wonder where the four star hotel rating is coming from.
Only good thing is the location, but there is plenty on offer from the competition, make sure you go somewhere else - thank god I could sleep at home the following day.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
4 Thank show_me_the_dosh
Distinguished guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting such a review! I am extremely disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback will be used to rectify the areas that made your stay uncomfortable.

We have created in this space some of the most comfortable bedrooms rooms that compete favourably with five stars hotels in London. We have rooms in all sizes to give our guests a wide choice. We will advice you better next time so that you take a room that fits your needs.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Second time I have used this hotel. Chosen because of its proximity to the station and getting good deals on price. Had not realised its links with the Methodists or the fact that it is a Social Enterprise, but I can't say either made any difference to my stay.
Both times my room has been of a high standard, clean and comfortable.

1 Thank A B

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel is very good value for a London hotel, especially if booked in advance. It is more no-frills than budget (if there's a difference!) - the breakfast room, reception area, corridors and room all look basic, but the room was clean and well-equipped with a hair dryer, iron, wide-screen TV, waterfall shower, bottled water, fruit, and a variety of hot drink options. The staff were very efficient, and the buffet breakfast was well-stocked and tasty. It is just steps from Euston station but there is no intrusive noise.

1 Thank Crease112
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Dingy and small reception area; dingy and small elevator; dingy, small and stuffy rooms; small and too soft bed. The furnishings (what there is) are old and tired. I am a tall person and almost touched the ceiling with my head. The room was described as 22 square meters: the reality is closer to half of that. This is a hostel, not a hotel, let alone a 4* hotel. What a disgrace.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank thoughtfuldiner
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a terrible hotel . My bf and I went to London for the first time this weekend I rang to cancel hotel and was told ring hotel direct so I did they said I wouldn't get my 100 pound refund as it was in the 24 hours which is fair enough so I didn't cancel we got to the hotel booked in but the reception told us I canceled the room and they was fully booked. He then said this is hotel directs mistake and will give us a upgraded room. I had already paid for breafast but he told us it was extra 8 pound for continental and 15 pound each for cooked :0 We went up the lift that smelt really bad got to the room walked in and the bed was straight in front had to shuffle round it there was no space at all in this so called room the bathroom was bigger than the bedroom with water stains all over the tiles no bath just a walk in shower was very cold. I've seen better hostels we got our bags and walked out no apology of anyone we stayed in the premier inn at kings cross which was cheaper much nicer and massive rooms with lovely breakfast don't recommend this hotel at all 4 * ha more like 1 diabolical .

Room Tip: Go to premier inn
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple