“London break away”

The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue
Ranked #474 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Superb location to Kings cross, comfortable rooms, tea & coffee facilities & the bathrooms were well equipped.
Short walk from Kings cross & Euston station almost on the door stop. Excellent location for shopping and galleries. The breakfasts were freshly cooked and plentiful. Excellent choice of hot & cold food & hot 7 cold drinks were varied and plentiful too. The staff were very helpful, kind, smiling & did their utmost to help at all times. Would certainly like to return again. Thank you...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and staff helpful. I would also like you to note that we serve dinner every day from 6pm - 11pm in the hotel.
The entire team here at MIC would like to be associated with me in thanking you for your custom and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

If I can be of any further assistance or if you would like to enquire or book future reservations, please contact me directly on ehi@micentre.com

Reviewed October 28, 2012

myself and my fiancée have just got back from the MIC and we have to say we are really impressed. Ideally situated very close to Euston station but far enough down a side road that it was a quiet peaceful stay. The room was great, everything as advertised and the bed really comfy. huge selection for breakfast, we went with a full English and it was delicious but there is also everything from cereals to pancakes and waffles. Highly recommend this place and we will be back! :)

2  Thank Mike A
Management response:Responded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your feedback with reference to your recent stay at MIC.

It is always good to hear when a guest is satisfied with their stay and we certainly pride ourselves in ensuring just that. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel located conveniently to Euston Station and that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. I would also like you to note that we do serve evening meals from 5pm - 11pm everyday.

I would like to thank you for your custom on behalf of the team here at MIC and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

If I can be of any further assistance or if you would like to enquire or book future reservations, please contact me directly on 02083800001

Ehi Ojeifo
Guest Hospitality Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Visited the mic hotel on two separate occassions and on both occasions I found the mic hotel to be perfect for a one night stay in central london. This was a youth hostel and the corridors retain a hostel feel. This stops when you enter your room which was modern, well equipped and clean. Book a Wesley room as they are recently refurbished. Breakfast is very good with a great selection. Location is great for Euston. Other reviewers have mentioned the cupboards and lack of handles. Dohhhh press the door it is on a spring! This is a functional and clean hotel in central London.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hipha
Management response:Responded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at MIC. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your last stay with us and the team and I would to thank you for your patronage.

Ehi Ojeifo
Guest hospitality Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked this hotel through Groupon as a surprise for my wife. The location is excellent and only 5 minutes walk from both Euston Sq and Euston Station. The welcome was couteus, friendly and efficient. I had the distinct impression of being in a University Halls of Residence. The rooms, whilst clean and fitted with many contempoary mod cons was very small with little room either side of the double bed. That said, I did have three comfortable nights sleep. The breakfast for me, was a highlight with a very attentive and friendly egg chef and a wide selection of cooked/cereals/fruit/bread and organic preserves as well as the usual beverages. I would stay here again if only for the location. We walked to the theatre in 20 minutes and within probably about 40 minutes we had walked through Leicester Sq and Trafalgar Sq to the river at Westminister. Alternatively there are many tube stations serving most lines within 5 minutes walk.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

First impressions of the hotel were not great. But the room 210 was lovely. Very new modern and home comforts!
Very clean, large bathroom and could have happily stayed there a couple of nights. 2 seconds away from Euston Train station.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed at the MIC as a solo traveller a few years ago when I found the small room cosy and good to work in. This stay was with my husband for the weekend and two in our double room was a tad too cosy at times.
The hotel position is excellent for travellers arriving at Euston - turn right at the forcourt, go past Sainsburies cross the road walk for a inute and it's on your left. The area is full of interesting eateries and pubs.
Reception at the MIC is always variable [I come here for meetings]. They really need to give receptionists training to ensure the welcome is warm and guests are made to feel valued.
The room is well appointed but has limited hanging space and room to manoever. Large 'desk' area good for work but it had the only mirror [movable] that could be used when using the hairdrier [fixed] which was far too angled to allow any hairdrying to be easily achieved. Tea, coffee and biscuits available. Good shower but like some other Trip Advisor guests an issue woth flooding if you dont angle the showerhead away from the door.
Breafkfast was fine - canteen style but with a very slow toaster that needs adjusting.We ate on the first night and the food was good but the service really slow [2 courses took 2 hours].
Security is possibly an issue as we could walk straight in and go to our room with no need to put a card in the coridoor - but there are people on the desk at all times. I also would have likes net curtains at the window as we were overlooked by offices across the way.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but would only return on an offer as a more comfortabe stay is available for the full price in the area.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying 2 nights on business. Very relaxed and informal atmosphere and great friendly service.
Room was very comfortable and actually felt quite settled in and comfy here unlike many of the bigger / grander hotels I often stay in.
Enjoyed the food in the restaurant for dinner, able to relax and work at the table and most other guests very relaxed and informal too.
Paid £149 pn including breakfast which I thought was fairly good value.

The hotel is a 1 minute walk from Euston station.

Thank you.