“A hot June night in London Town!”

Victor Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #550 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Silverdale, United Kingdom
“A hot June night in London Town!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Blame the weather - it was too hot for us that night so we didn't sleep very well. Noise from the street didn't help either. I had to phone the hotel across the road to ask them to stop their guests shouting in the street at 2 a.m. ! Otherwise it was a good stay. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I left it very late in the day and had to travel at short notice. This was the only reasonably priced hotel I could find anywhere central and for good reason probably.
The room was clean and the man on the desk was friendly and the location is close to Victoria tube station. The actual room had everything you need for a night crash and probably that is really where you would draw the line. It's ok for a lad's night out but not the sort of place to take the wife.
I cannot comment on breakfast as frankly I wanted to get up and out. I know it's central London but even so I cannot recommend this establishment to other travellers even at the price I paid.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor room 5 and it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here last night due to working overnight and the hotel was ok. It was as I had expected. Small room but clean and adequate. Breakfast was continental and perfectly ok. It could do with a redecoration though. All the staff I cam across were very helpful and friendly. Considering the price I paid (46.00 plus breakfast) it wasn't at all bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gladders G
Victor_Hotel_London, General Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thanks for your comments, our team are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to provide a great value low cost accommodation solution in London. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is a rip off. The staff is poor, breakfast really skimpy and the rooms are shabby and dirty. I stayed in better hotels down the road at a lower price. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. Try one of the hotels down the street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Victor_Hotel_London, Front Office Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write the review as it helps us to know the aspects we need to improve our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We continually review the price to ensure that we are the best value in the area. I appreciate your comments about the breakfast. We are currently considering whether we enlarge the breakfast offering but this will be done with the aim of providing a great value low cost option.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is NOT a hotel. It's a disgusting, dirty, grossly overpriced excuse for ripping unsuspecting tourists off. The rooms are tiny, unclean and have paper thin walls. The only positive is the location. Steer clear of this place. There's much better on offer in the same street

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DavidC232014
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a good hotel if you will spend most of your days outside. I've been staying here with my brother for 2 nights in the beginning of April. It's a rather small room but you have everything you need: 2 separate beds, small table, toilet, sink, shower and closet. We didn't even bother to unpack our stuff because we were only there for 3 days.
We never used the underground and did everything by foot. It's a great walk and not even that far from buckingham palace. The last day we even went along the side of the Thames to the Tower.
The continental breakfast wasn't that much. Croissants or toast, jam, cheese, apple, cornflakes in buffet form. Orange juice and coffee. It was good but not WOW breakfast!
Over all, a good stay. Will I stay here again next time? Maybe, but I'm always keen to try sth new, so maybe not. but not because it wasn't good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and comfortable. I appreciate your comments about the size of the rooms. Generally speaking our rooms are larger than what you will find in a similar hotel in Victoria however they are also much smaller than what you will find elsewhere round the world. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location. This is our biggest asset.

Clare, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel suited us down to the ground. Small and friendly, it was right on the number 24 bus route so a convenient base to explore London. The breakfast was a highlight - a small, cosy room with loads of character and excellent service. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Victor_Hotel_London, Front Office Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey. It was our pleasure to serve and make your stay pleasant.

Thank you!!