“A Reasonable Budget Hotel in a Good Location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victor Hotel London Victoria

Victor Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #517 of 1,080 Hotels in London
Annapolis Valley, NS
“A Reasonable Budget Hotel in a Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early October. We had a third floor room (or second depending on where you’re from?). It was just large enough to allow access to our 2 suitcases. The bed was adequate and the bathroom (shower only) was bigger than some London hotels I have stayed in. There was a safe in the closet but it was already locked when we got there and did not bother to ask for it to be opened. The breakfast was quite basic with 2 choices of cereal, with toast and package croissants, plus orange juice and fruit. The Victor is conveniently located just a ~ 10 minute walk from either Victoria or Pimlico Tube stations. Unfortunately, they were unable to store a suitcase for us and we had to use the Victoria Station Luggage Storage at 9 GBP a day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valleyguy2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed in the triple room (on the Ground floor) at the hotel for 2 nights in late September. We were warmly greeted by the staff on duty at night after walked for 15 min. from the Victoria station. We booked this hotel because of its convenient location, it is close to the Victoria station where there are airport express trains to the Gatwick Airport, and it is also within walking distance to Central London (if you know the direction).
The room and the bathroom were large enough although a bit old, both Single and double beds were of the worst quality we ever had - you can feel the individual springs!
The service from this hotel had been very good overall; for example, on the second day of my arrival as I asked how to get to the meeting point of our day tour, the gentleman at the office had made the phone call for me so the coach came to the hotel and waited for us!
The hotel price had breakfast included; the continental breakfast was served by the friendly kitchen staff in small room downstairs; the dinning room was very tidy and clean, we were impressed!

Overall this is a 2.5 star hotel with 4 star service at a 5 star location!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rqz1999
Victor_Hotel_London, Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to lo left feedback and share your recent experience with us. We value all the feedback that we get as it helps us improve the experience here for future guests.

I have taken your feedback into consideration and checked mattresses in the rooms and mattress will be replaced.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next time in London.

Best Regards
Hussen Khan
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We came to this hotel one morning, after we ended up in a complete nightmare hostel around the corner, and asked if they had any free rooms for 3 nights. Immediately gave us a room, for a cheap price. The room was very clean with a large bed and window. The bathroom is OK size but still clean and shower worked fine. Not much is offered in the hotel, but its very cheap so if that what you are looking for then its perfect. The location is great, 7 minutes walking to Victoria station, and excellent bus and train connections to the rest of London.

Staff is friendly,Good value for the money-I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
We take the opportunity to thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We value all the feedback that we get as it helps us improve our service.
I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next time in London.

Best Regards
Hussen Khan
Hyvinkaa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Everything about this hotel was okay, but don't expect too much... The breakfast was minimal, coffee and a toast. The was no elevator and since our room was on the top floor it meant some serious climbing. The rooms have seen their better days some time ago, but at least ours was kept clean during our stay.

The best part of the hotel was definitely the location, especially when travelling via Gatwick or Victoria station. Many sights within a walking distance (Buckingham palace, Big Ben etc.) and good public transportation.

All in all, an okay palace to spend the night, but I wouldn't probably choose this one the next time around. There are dozens of similiar hotels next to one another on that particular street...

Room Tip: If you have good knees, the higher ones are more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Miira
Victor_Hotel_London, Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a great experience.

I am pleased that we met your expectations. If you let us know the next time you book I can allocate a rooms which located on the ground or lower floor, as they are slightly bigger than the one you stayed in.
I hope to welcome you the next time that you are in London.

Kind Regards
Hussen
Constanta, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was asked for the credit card that was used for payment online. As my fiance paid for it and I was staying for 2 nights with business alone, I didn't expect this to be a problem when I checked in, but it seemed it was so that I couldn't check in unless the receptionist could see the credit card with which it had been paid already for 2 nights. Although it was late almost close to midnight when I arrived and I was very tired, the receptionist needed the proof that the owner of the credit card accepted the payment and the receptionist insisted in my fiance to be woken up in the middle of the night to send an e-mail with the credit card details which was stupid! The payment had gone through already, it was in the hotel's account, so WHY would they need the owner of the credit card?! Anyway, I asked for the manager and the receptionist told me he was not there. I finally entered the room after my boyfriend confirmed by e-mail his payment and I noticed that wireless internet was NOT available in the room, so I asked for my room to be changed since it was important for me and that was the reason why I had chosen the hotel, but he refused stating it was fully booked and that the wifi would have been the same in the other rooms as well. The only spot where I had wifi was in front of the reception, so I just had to stay in front of the door of the hotel for getting some wifi...The room was not very clean (I could find different t-shirt price tags stuck on the blanket of the bed and the toilet didn't look very clean as hair was on the seat. Very old and used room,
I was told at the check in that I MUST leave the key of the room at the reception and I didn't like that, because I didn't want anyone to enter my room while I was away, but although I did take the key with me, the room cleaning staff still entered...there aren't any "Don't disturb" messages to put at the door. The breakfast was very poor and it is served in a very tiny room where are only 5 tables very close to each other and if there were more than 5 people you had to wait until someone finished, because I couldn't be late, the second morning I decided not to eat as there was no room for me at the tables...That is DEFINITELY a hotel I wouldn't stay again ever! There are many other hotels on that street! You can try somewhere else, I am sure they have better conditions!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alice S
Thank you for the valuable time you've spent in sharing your comments through TripAdvisor. I go through these to learn how we can make the stay better.

I am sorry to read that we did not met your expectations on this occasion. We state on our website that you will need to present the card you made the booking with on check in. Unfortunately London gets a significant volume of credit card fraud and this is a measure that we have put in place to prevent this. As well as protecting us it also protects our guests by ensuring that someone can use their credit card to fraudulently make a booking.
We did not had any other room available at the time. Please accept my apologies for this not being communicated to you in a more professional manner. We have looked at the wifi connection and it seems to be working fine now.
We do provide room service daily unless guest asks not to and for your case we did not receive any advice that not to provide room service.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this right for you. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hope to welcome you back when you are next time in London.

Kind Regards
Hussen
Victor Hotel

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

The price in relation to the accomodation was avarage. The breakfast is really minimal. No elevator ( 4 floors ) small rooms, not verry clean. On the other hand, for this price you could not expect more on this location in the center of London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Tommy S
Uckfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The receptionist was helpful as we arrived. When we arrived we were told our room would be ready by 2, despite booking the room from 1. Thankfully everything was fine and we checked in 'early'. The room its self was clean if a little small. The bathroom was again compact and so was the shower - which my pregnant wife couldn't actually get in to as the door was too narrow.

We went out for the evening and on coming back the room was still cool (we'd left the fan going and the window open). Over the course of the night we left the window open to keep the temperature down (no air conditioning) however the noises from outside disturbed our sleep constantly. To compound our lack of sleep, the kitchen for the hotel was right next to our room, so from about 7:00 onwards we had the clattering of plates and cuttlery going as well.

Overall this was probably about the worst night's sleep I've had in a hotel and I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple