“Very very good. I'll come back there!”
Review of Acacia Hostel

Acacia Hostel
Ranked #565 of 931 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very nice hostel.
I was there in the dormitory in April 2013 and it was clean and comfortable, in fact the bedclothes was changed every day and the bathroom was cleaned.

Considered that you're in London at South Kensington, it has a good quality - price ratio.
Breackfast it's poor and simple but it has a good quality.
The staff is very pretty and helpful in every situation.

This hostel has also a partnership with a taxi agency and give you a good price-solutions for your transports at/to Victoria Station, Liverpool Station and the main London's airports.
I had used it to go at Victoria Station per 15 £.

Very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roberto R
BHAVESH G, General Manager at Acacia Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you very much from Acacia Team. We appreciate your review.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

With my previous stay in September 2012, I was very sure of my stay in London ever again would be Hotel Acacia only, I returned for a short stay of 3 days in December 2012 and was mighty impressed with added and better facilities. The breakfast was better and served by a warm smile by a very pleasant lady. There were new tea kettles/microwave in the kitchen and the warmth of the hotel staff and accommodating management made my stay extremely pleasant. I am very sure I would always stay here and recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ark228
BHAVESH G, General Manager at Acacia Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thanks, for your review , we really appreciate your review and are looking forward to see you in Acacia Hostel.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pick this hostel by location on a map and was glad we choose it for our stay. Looked at several other hostels and hotels in the Central London area and this location and price were the best by far. I was traveling with my wife and daughter and we were given a 7 person bunk room just for us to use. I asked if they had a smaller room so that they could 'sell" the larger bunk room for more individuals. They said we could have to room to ourselves and not have to share. (Benefit of traveling off season) The staff was very friendly and quick to solve the one problem we had with the tv.

If you are looking for a typical "American" Hotel experience, this may not be the place for you. If you want to save a ton of money and be one block from the Tube and several bus stops, consider staying here. Don't try and park in front of the hostel. It is your typical downtown location and there is no room for rental cars.

I noticed a fair number of negative reviews and would say that these may be from people who have traveled little in Europe or stay in fancy hotels. In 12 days of traveling in England, France, Switzerland, Germany, and Luxemburg, I found this to be one of the best values for the money for our stays. A little more care could be taken in the shared bathrooms, but keep in mind it is a shared bathroom and your mother probably will not be there to clean up after you. Do your part and everyone will have a better experience.

Overall.
You get what you pay for and the staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RustyMc_ATL
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Acacia twice, both times with a large group of teenagers.

We chose the Acacia for it's amazing location and incredible price, considering it is in the heart of South Kensington, one of the most expensive areas to stay in London.

The staff have always been friendly and helpful, and have accommodated our needs of having girls and boys, and staff separate.

The decor in the rooms isn't the most modern, but it's clean and tidy and that's all you can ask for for £18 a night in South Kensington! There is a lovely relaxed feeling and a "come and go as you please" policy which was really nice. I felt like I was staying with a friend in a huge house!

The breakfast was basic but all you need, with staff on hand to help and keep the kitchen looking clean and tidy. It is a small kitchen so getting in there first is a must.

The communal bathrooms are fine, the guests are encouraged to keep them clean and with so many guests its impressive that they generally do stay in a good state.

Overall I would recommend this hostel. If you are looking for somewhere central, to rest your head after a busy day in London then the Acacia is perfect. If you are looking for a chic London hotel, then pay more than £20 and go somewhere else! You won't find this kind of value at many other places in London.

Victoria Wilson, Brighton, UK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at hostel 2 weekend nights at the end of January 2013. I would like to recommend the hostel due to its location, which is near underground station and just 2 minutes from Hyde park. The big advantage is also the price. The rooms are not in the best quality, but they are sufficient for people looking some place just for sleep and in walking distance from the city centre. The breakfasts were quite poor (two toasts, marmalade, musli, tea or coffee, in very small dining room and with quite rude woman who supervises the visitors in the dining room), however, all corresponds with the low price level of accomodation in the hostel.
Conclusion - if you are not spoiled and are looking a cheap place near the city centre, go for it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Everything was perfect except for one tiny thing; one of my items went missing! It was a mobile phone. I accidentally left it on the bed after I checked out and only realised I forgot it hours later and of course, the staff there couldn't find it when I called them and tried to retrieve it back. I couldn't find it on me, and I am still very positive I left it on the bed. I trusted my friends because my phone is not worthy to them at all cuz they are wealthier than me themselves.

Somehow my mobile phone grew legs and just walked out of the room......

When your room is not left locked, you better be careful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It's very cheap, but if You come in, You can understand it. My room had a broken window, and it was too hot! The shared-bathroom wasn't clean and the breakfast was orrible, anyway, it's quite nice and in a special place Because You can reach the most important places in few minutes.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple