“BE WARNED!”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“BE WARNED!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Awful!
When I got to the "day spa" ( not a day spa, you have your treatment and leave-no place to relax or lounge/no lockers or pool ect)
I was asked my name and appointment details and taken to sit down offerd tea and given a form to fill. Tea never arrived and short blond girl who let me in walked to the back and was discussing images of mens willys that had been sent to her mobile phone from "blokes shes seein' from the internet)
Pro haps she thought as I couldnt see her I could not listen?
I was waiting and appointment time it passed...I keep waiting no one gives me attention after 20 min late a girl passes I ask her whats going on she says she is my therapis and because I am late my massage and facial is cut short!
I tell her she is late not me!
She went and spoke to blond girl who said sorry she forget to tell the computer I was in the spa so the beautition didnt know I am waiting.
My appointment still was cut short because the beautition said she have another client after and can not make her delay!
I ha to choose what I want to leave out (nothin thats why I booked it all!)
So awful felt incomplete. Charge me full price and try so much to sell in the room and again after downstairs.
The wall outside treatment room has got SHEET of PAPER on and if you look is wet damp and smells bad.
Its so bad really

Visited August 2013
21 Thank Veve007

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing spa, luxurious and cosy setting”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I booked as a birthday treat to myself and for my sister, found the spa on the timeout London website alongside the Sanctuary and Champney’s as one of the top 10 spas in London. Very glad we chose the elemis day-spa over the other two, it was a great experience for someone like me who has never been to a spa before. I will be returning very soon and recommending to friends.

The location of the spa is prime, it’s tucked away down a little alleyway off New Bond Street (at the back of Victoria’s Secret) so we just parked in Selfridges and walked for 15 minutes down Oxford Street. Elemis is at the end of the alley on the corner, opposite Mews of Mayfair (great place to eat or drink). On arrival, we were greeted by a lovely lady who offered us herbal tea or water. Elemis suggest you arrive 15 minutes before your appointment, we did and had a 10 minutes wait on the sofas to prepare and get ‘relaxed’ which I see the point of. The decor is lovely and exactly what I imagine a spa to look like - fluffy carpet, nice smell, relaxing music, candles and low-lit lights. I didn't feel like I was in the middle of busy central London at all, it was very cosy with a nice atmosphere.

We met the ladies who were going to carry out our treatments (Kate and Nicole), who were very friendly and made us feel welcome straight away. We both had the sole delight foot treatment which included a pedicure and full body massages - one relaxing and one deep tissue muscle.

I was taken into the treatment room right on my appointment time (hate it when appointments in places are late) and had a chat with Kate who explained both treatments and what she would be doing. You are given a lovely big fluffy robe to wear and there's a little wardrobe for all your belongings to go in, in the treatment room. The room itself is exactly what I wanted - the atmosphere is lovely - relaxing music playing, cold air con on as it was hot outside, blinds on the windows, no outside noise, nice smell and low-lights that are not too dark.

The massage and pedicure were great and good value for money. The 1 hour massage went very quickly and the hot oil smelt amazing. I am very pleased with the pedicure (great for my first one), my feet had everything from exfoliation to hot booties and I love the Essie nail polishes. My toenails and cuticles have never looked so good. I like the fact that the treatments are tailored to suit you personally – I had the relaxing massage and my sister had the deep tissue focused on cellulite. (You fill out a form at the beginning with your concerns/current regimen). You are left to relax throughout the treatments with an ‘eye pillow’ on, the staff don’t talk the whole way through!

The whole experience was very enjoyable and I am very happy we picked this spa for my birthday treatments. The staff are very professional and it’s clear they try to make it as relaxing and enjoyable as they can. Be aware beforehand though that there is a gratuity of 12.5% which is added to each treatment – the lady who took payment at the end said it is optional, and that it goes directly to the therapist who did the treatments. The £85 1 hour massage ended up costing £95 with the gratuity added, I paid it as I was very happy with Kate.

In my experience, the staff were not pushy with product sales at all as another review said. During the pedicure Kate talked me through the products she used for both treatments as I loved the smell of the body oil but couldn’t put my finger on what it was (it’s frangipani in the red bottle) and gave me advice on all the Elemis products I asked her about. I bought a few products at the end because I wanted to, not because I was forced into it!

A good thing about this spa is the quality of the products – they are very good quality, they’re not any old products that you can buy in popular high street chemists. I have been using the pro-radiance hand and nail cream since yesterday and I have noticed a difference in my hands already. I like the fact that you can buy the products used on you and that Elemis is a reputable brand, I would hate to have treatments done with random products that I’ve never heard of. At the time of booking, the lady on the phone went through everything as the website is vague on what the treatments actually consist of. If you are looking for a luxury spa that is worth the money (I haven’t been to Champney’s but I thought it was so expensive when I looked online) I would definitely book the Elemis day-spa.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ElleP283
North Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“OK Facial But To Much Product SAles”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I went for facial while on vacation. I chose the least expensive - which cost 70 lbs (more than $100). The goal is clearly for the esthetician to get you to go for more expensive service and to see you their product. I found this to be quite a turn off. The facial did not include pore cleaning and was very focused on massage. Not great value although it was pleasant.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank nancymelinda
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friend's first facial was a triumph!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My friend was in need of some pampering, I discovered that at nearly 50 she had never had a facial before! I booked her in for a quick skin booster treatment at Elem is, what a great decision! We were given a warm welcome and immediately offered a warm drink (it was cold and raining), she was taken into her treatment after a very short wait and the young lady who looked after her was brilliant. She came out feeling like she had been treated like a queen, even for a short treatment she was in a luxurious bath robe with candles around her and real personal attention. Afterwards she was given a herbal tea, a written guide to her recommended routine for home and some free samples of the products they had used. All up it was a fabulous experience and I can't recommended Elemis enough!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank twoboosDublin
london
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Mud Ritual for two and hot stone and mud face treatment”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

WOWEEEE tucked away in a hidden quaint road behind Oxford Street in London. The facility is GORGEOUS you are welcomed so professionally and warmly. You are asked to fill in a survey all about your skin then they take you through to a private room for two (the only ritual private for two in London) you then are given robe, slippers etc. Rub the salt into your skin and shower off leavening you feeling beautifully soft then enter the private steam room for two and apply the mud's they provide, sink back into the heated lounge seats and allow to dry. Then your sprinkled with rain like water from the star effect ceiling. Once you are mud free you are wrapped up and taken through to a posh and private room to e be given a STUNNING hot stone and oil massage and a fantastic mud facial. OMG I came out feeling like I was floating. I would pay DOUBLE what I did to experience this again. BY FAR the best spa I have EVER been to :)

Visited September 2012