“An excellent place to stay in London”
Review of Jesmond Hotel

Jesmond Hotel
Ranked #20 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I stayed at The Jesmond for a week in June 2008 and for a week in the summer of 2007. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful; the room was clean and well-serviced; and the full English breakfast was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located on Gower Street two blocks from the Googe Street Tube stop on Tottenham Court Road, and a few blocks from the British Museum. I'll stay at The Jesmond whenever I'm in London, and I recommend the hotel unequivocally.

Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed July 13, 2008

We recently stayed at the Jesmond Hotel for a family break in London. There are 5 (mum, dad and 3 kids) in our family, and so finding large rooms at a reasonable price in London can be difficult. We were pleased with the rate which included breakfast, but equally happy with the room which was en-suite, cleaned every day, and kept to a good standard. Having stayed in other hotels on Gower Street at various times due to work commitments in London I knew that the location is excellent, (walking distance from a lot of the stuff you would want to see in London), but I would also say that this is the best hotel along Gower Street that I have stayed in so far. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is excellent! The dining room downstairs has obviously been renovated recently and is nice area, which also has a PC with free internet.

I would happily stay at the Jesmond again.-

And more so recommend it to my friends and relations...

thanks for a great stay I will be staying here for all my london visits in Future.....

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2008

The hotel was recommended to us by a friend living in London. It was a perfect experience from the very beginning with a lot of personal care. The location is great within walking distance from most major attractions.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed July 4, 2008

We found the Jesmond based on ratings in TripAdvisor, and were not disappointed. We booked a large room for our family of 4, and although we had to take turns in the bathroom, it all worked out just fine. The facility was very clean, the rooms spotless, and the location was quite convenient (2 blocks to either of 2 different tube stops). The breakfast very good and plentiful, and service on very nice tableware; it included both a serve-yourself buffet and a cooked breakfast delivered to your table. The proprietor (Glynn?) was very helpful at recommending local restaurants and places to shop. I wouldn't hesitate to book a room there again the next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 30, 2008

-- Excellent value (including very good breakfast).
-- Very clean and comfortable.
-- Exceptionally good staff; friendly and eager to make their guests happy.
-- Gorgeous garden (see attached photos).
-- Excellent central location: hotel is on a quiet street, but very close to more bustling activity, including restaurants and any type of shop you would need. Very close to underground stations. The best of both worlds.
-- When I'm in London, this is where I will stay from now on.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2008

My trip to London was a nightmare with traffic problems, Underground station closures, and much much more. Because my mobile phone stopped working, I was unable to contact the friend I was going to meet. Glen sorted out my phone and finally I managed to meet my friend.
Because of all the hassle, I slept in (my alarm clock stopped) and raced downstairs over 15 minutes late for breakfast. yet was given coffee and toast,.
My room, number 9, single with en-suite shower, was obviously small but perfectly acceptable and clean. London was hot and airless, and the fan was quiet and cooled the room beautifully.
The newly fitted shower was very elegant - much better than the one I was planning to have fitted at home, so I have changed to the same design.
I am very grateful tindeed, and my wish for them is that they won't get any more like me. But if they do, I'm the living proof that they will cope in a charming friendly way.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank BonideC
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We spent a week at the Jesmond from June4-12 and we were very pleased! Everything was meticulously clean, the breakfasts were delicious and filling, and the staff was very kind and helpful. Our triple room overlooking the garden was quiet and cozy, and we had everything we needed. The small ensuite bathroom had great plumbing and hot water, and it was always clean and well stocked. The only negative comment I can think of is that the beds were a bit soft, but that didn't bother me or my daughter at all. My husband's back is a bit more sensitive and the bed took him some getting used to, but all other aspects of the hotel were certainly to his liking. The location near the Goodge tube station was excellent for getting to wherever we wanted to go, and we felt safe and well cared for the whole week. It is certainly not a luxury hotel (we didn't expect it to be), but the price was very reasonable by today's standards. We would definitely return to the Jesmond in the future and probably will. Thanks to all of you there for an excellent visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family