“Disappointed after staying in other Easy Hotels” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of easyHotel London Earls Court

We can't find prices for this hotel
easyHotel London Earls Court
Ranked #549 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Lowestoft
“Disappointed after staying in other Easy Hotels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've stayed in 2 other easy hotels several times in the past and always been very happy. This one not the case though. On check in was told I had to produce photo ID. When I said I didn't know about it and didn't bring any he said all hotels ask for photo ID. I said I'd stayed in 2 other easy hotels before and never been asked to provide photo ID. The fact I was asked for ID wasn't the problem, it was the tone of the receptionist. Think he needs to go to a charm school. The room was exactly what was expected. But it was extremely hot in there. Sleeping in it was unbearable and we woke up very dehydrated. There was nothing in the room, it could have done with a shelf to put your stuff on. It was near good transport links and close to the royal Albert hall which was what we went there for. I love the easy hotel chain but I think I'll stick to the other hotels in London in future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

thank you for taking the time and posting a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

As you mentioned you were asked for a photo ID on check in which is correct. We ask for photo ID/printed reservation or reservation number to ensure that guests are checked in int o the rooms they have booked and also ensure the security of our guests.

As easyHotel is a franchise, we do not necessary have the same rules as the ones you have stayed in before.

I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will give us a chance on your next visit to London.

Best regards

Miroslava Matusikova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
peterborough, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

As I always make clear when staying in budget rooms in city centre locations, you pay for what you get. And you get clean and comfortable rooms, a great location and pleasant, welcoming and really helpful staff. I stay here often so thanks to Wojtech and the team for there professionalism and friendly welcome. I have a choice where I stay and I choose to stay here due to its location, friendly staff and consistency with clean and comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms can be small so if you don't enjoy being in a confined space book a standard room. The wi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wiskeyboo
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are so pleased that we keep pleasantly surprising you and we are glad that we are your preferred hotel. Our concept clearly states exactly what you have experienced, and it’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests that we deliver excellent value for money. We take pride in our high standards of cleanliness and always aim to exceed customers’ expectations by our customer service.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

South Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four days, and it was a good little find. I enjoyed it for that amount of time - they are small rooms, but I don't mind when it's just me and my husband. Very clean, straightforward, great reception desk service. I'd recommend a room with a window to bring in some natural light and make the room feel less small. We picked a standard room - can't imagine what the small rooms looked like! ;) exactly what we were after, great price, close to supermarket, etc.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were overall pleased with our Limited Service. Our concept is all about providing clean rooms, great customer service and convenient location at affordable prices and it was good to read we have managed to provide you with it.
We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back once again!

Kind Regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have really struggled with this review. I stayed on 17Feb in a single room with no window. The room was small and didn't have as much as a table to keep your things. It was literally a bed, a toilet, a shower and a plug socket. There is a TV but you have to pay £5 a day to watch it. As far as amenities go this hotel is a 1 out of 5.

However I knew this going in. So let's talk about the positives. The room was clean, the bed was large and extremely comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. I purchased the wifi for £5 and it was fast enough to stream movies. The temperature when I entered the room was extremely high but they turned it down at reception immediately upon request. Also I got all this for £30. A hotel in central London with excellent transport links for only £30! So with with regards to price and location it gets a 5/5.

As a result of this I have decided to award it 3 stars. I can't possibly rate this less than that because it did exactly as advertised and I would stay here again without hesitation. However I can not justify rating it more than a 3 when it is so lacking in amenities and personality.

If you know what you are getting and are happy with that then I give this hotel the highest recommendation. If you expect luxury then stay as far away from this hotel as possible. I think that is what the reviews of this hotel revolve around - expectation. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all around the world and if I had expected a similar experience here then I would be rating it 1/5 too.

I would recommend this hotel for budget conscious travellers who want a no frills base from which to explore London.

I do not recommend this hotel to anybody who expects something special, or to anybody who is staying for more than a couple of days.

I had a great experience and look forward to returning!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Liam,

thank you very much for your detailed review of your recent stay at easyHotel Earls Court and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay and that hotel met your expectations. Our rooms are space efficient and that allows us to offer unbeatable rates to our customers. We also have an add-on system that allows our guests to design their stay and only pay for the facilities they will be using.

Thank you again for your review and hope we will have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at easyhotel whilst attending show at Earls Court , the room and hotel is very basic but most importantly clean and comfortable , i enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend to anyone wanting to be near Earls Court or Olympia

Room Tip: Go for rooms not facing the road very peaceful
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a great review and recommendations following your recent stay at easyHotel Earls Court.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel met your requirements, as it proves our concept of providing basics for a good night’s sleep at an affordable price to be successful once again. It is also great to see that you been impresses by our location as well as cleanliness of the room.

We hope to see you again for another great stay on your next visit to London.

Kind regards

Sparta, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I visited London with my son ,age 9 , on Feb 3-8th .I chose Easyhotel London Earls court because I was looking for a budget room with basic facilities in a central location. I chose double room with window paying 50 GBP/ night.And I was not disappointed at all! We were given Room 122 on the first floor that is considered one of the largest rooms.It had a really large window overlooking West Cromwell Rd, two single beds(one by the window and one by a side wall) an adequate empty space to put baggage, shopping etc (My son even managed to play on the floor)flat screen tv that we payed in advance for the remote control. hanger for coats, a small but perfect toilet-shower room with really hot water . The room temperature has perfect for me (not hot) ant the cleanless of the room was remarkable! The reception stuff were very polite and helpful about everything needed. My wife called me from Greece, did not find me there and the receptionist invited me to call back from the reception telephone without charging me, something I really appreciated Location perfect!!5 minuted from Tube st., Tesco 24h super market 3 minutes on foot, many restaurants, caffees nearby! My overall experience was very satisfying. One negative that I might mention was the street noise after 7 am that may wake you up if you are a light sleeper. I will come again but only in a twin-double with window, because rooms without, are really horrible boxes!!!!

Room Tip: Choose only in a twin-double with window, because rooms without, are really horrible boxes!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SpartiGreeceMichael
Dear Guest,

we are very glad to read that you chose easyHotel Earls Court for your family visit of London.
Also, thank you for leaving such a favourable review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that our transparency helped you to chose our hotel. Our prime location is surrounded by many restaurants, shops and London attractions. We focus on providing clean and comfortable stays for our guests in a great location. It is great to see we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you for another pleasant stay.

Best Regards

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The easyHotel was an excellent choice for value and friendliness. Teodor from Romania greetings me - a great guy with a great sense of humor - and I found the remaining staff also quite friendly and helpful. The rooms - while small - were very clean and a fantastic place to stay. There are many conveniences nearby- laundry, post office, many restaurants as well as grocery stores. If all easyHotels are like this - I will be staying in more in the future. The only negative comment I would have - they have a luggage storage facility for 2 pounds per bag per day - which is good and reasonable and much cheaper than the train stations (which are now 9 pounds). However there was a video display on the counter indicating that if you liked them on Facebook they would give you one free days storage for one bag but when I asked about it they said that was an old thing and did not apply. It is a minor thing but still something they need to be aware of.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RGD1009
Dear Guest ,

thanks you for taking the time and leaving such a great review of your stay.

We are really glad to read that one of our front desk staff exceeded your expectations and that our reception team is friendly and accommodating. Also, we appreciate that you have mentioned our great location and cleanliness.

I have to apologise for the false information you received and the promotion is indeed still available on reception.

We will be happy to welcome you back on your next visit of London.

Best regards

Genral Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Venture Hostels
#676 of 1,086 in London
Paddington / Maida Vale
Point A Hotel, London Paddington

Been to easyHotel London Earls Court? Share your experiences!