“Great value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
easyHotel London Earls Court
Ranked #555 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great situation a few minutes drive from the underground railway. Rooms small but adequate, friendly helpful staff, rooms spotlessly clean and beds comfortable. If you are just looking for a place to sleep close to the city center, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor facing the main road. A bit noisy, so perhaps ask for a room on a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent55
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write the review. We are really pleased with your comments as cleanliness is very important for us, as well as comfort of our beds. I’m happy to hear that our staff was helpful and we hope that we can welcome you again in our hotel on your next visit.

Genaral Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Very close to a very good 24-hours supermarket. Near from the metro stations with many restaurants and stores on the way. Very safe neighbourhood , clean rooms, modern and nice personel. And the price is the best deal ever. The rooms are really small, but if u just need a good bed to sleep and a good shower to relax after walking all day long around London dont hesitate to book it.

1  Thank Albertassi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that you value our grate rates, convenient location and our “modern and nice staff”. We hope to see you back in our hotel on your next trip to London.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was traveling with a friend for a couple of days at Wimbledon and London visiting. The hotel is located very close to the Earl's Court tube station. Be advised the hotel is located on the other side of the road. When you get up to the four lane main avenue, cross the street to the opposite side of the road. Otherwise, you will walk down the LONG block and have to cross the street and back track to the hotel.

The gentleman, Woytek, at the front desk was fabulous. He explained the easyHotel policies and helped us store our luggage. Imagine a room busting with luggage from folks coming and going for Wimbledon leaving their luggage. Woytek found a way to hold our luggage so we could visit the London sites. He was also an ad hoc concierge with great tips, tricks and information of sites to visit around the area.

The rooms (108 & 109) were VERY small compared to American standards, and was what my travel companion and I needed. The room is great for basic functioning like sleeping, using the loo and showering. The room was very clean and had dimmers for the lights. Everything in my room worked perfectly.

The neighborhood was in a very nice part of town. As two women traveling we felt safe walking through the neighborhood. Where the hotel is located it seems to be a hotel row, so there are many travelers up and down the street.

Overall, the staff, location and rooms were great for a short stay in London. We would definitely stay again and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Get ready to pay for extras. Usual room items are al a carte such as early/late baggage storage, TV...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great feedback and taking time to write this extended review, I’m so glad to hear about our receptionist and all the help he provided you with. We are happy that our location was convenient for you and we will be more than happy to welcome you back in our hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The rooms are the same in the easyHotels's network. The staff was excelent near a Tesco and a sainsbury. The underground is nearby and have several restaurants and bars in the neiborhood.
Bu be careful because of the hotel policies... Wifi, tv, room cleaning and luggage storage for late checkout are extra paid!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emerson A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write the review. I’m happy to hear that our staff was excellent and that you enjoyed our location. We do have extra charges that’s why we call them add-ons, so each guest can design the stay based on their needs.
We will be happy to welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rooms are all the same in all the easyHotels's, They are confortable in a very simple style. In Earls Court i liked the staff and the locatin, it's near Earl's Court tube station and there's a supermarket very near "Tesco", they are many bus stops in West Cromwell too. We can visit Natural History Museum, Science Museum by foot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I’m happy that our hotel is just what you were looking for, great location, friendly staff and local amenities. We will be very excited to see you again in near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

What an absolute dump, We were slightly early for check in and so got charged £5.00 each for the privilege, ok that's their policy we had to swallow that. the room that we were allocated was worse than Harry potters cupboard under the stairs. it was a partitioned off part of the reception area, walls made of painted cardboard I think. the bed was in a hole that it fitted from wall to wall on 3 sides so you had to crawl up from the bottom. the duvet cover was plain white and looked clean , the duvet inside the cover was disgusting and grey. There were hairs on the floor and in the bathroom and no mirror in the room so we used the TV to dry our hair. We did not sleep a wink as the filing cabinet for the reception was near or against our wall and the phone sounded like it was in our room. Even the receptionist stirring their tea sounded like it was in with us. Okay so this is a budget hotel but I really do not think a former cupboard in reception should be marketed as a room. Stay well away and pay a little extra, biggest dump ive ever stayed in and im a hardy camper!

Room Tip: book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca T
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest

I was most disappointed to read your review but would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Having read your review I held a meeting with my area housekeeping manager and our team of room attendants. You are correct one of our hallmarks is you have a clean and pleasant stay, and I must apologize that the room was not to our usual high standard. The housekeeping team and I have agreed a retraining programme with all room attendants in order to make sure this is a one off experience and is not repeated.

I have a team of friendly and helpful receptionist on 24 hours a day, if you had mentioned this to one of the team I am sure they would have resolved or moved your room in a timely manner, but I do agree that the room should have not been allocated in this condition. Also, the room sizes are stated clearly on the website so that guests know what to expect when they arrive.

I hope your experience has not deterred you from using easyHotel.

Best regards

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I first stayed at the Easy Hotel in Earl's Court last year and on that occasion rated it 4 out of 5, only knocking off a star because of what I felt was a badly designed room that had the only electrical outlet miles away from the only mirror, which makes hair-styling, etc. quite the challenge. I've stayed in London on numerous occasions, paying through the nose for a tiny hotel room on most of those, and I was delighted to find such a cheap and comfortable option when all I really wanted was a bed for the night and to keep costs down. I returned there last weekend, 'splashing out' on a room with a window (I'd booked the basic windowless room last time around, which was in the basement with no mobile phone reception) and looking forward to another value-for-money stay. Unfortunately my stay this time was almost entirely different, and I don't think I'll be staying at the Easy Hotel Earl's Court again.

Three positive things haven't changed, so let's start with them. First, the price. The only other accommodation you'll get in London for these prices are beds in dorms, rooms with shared bathrooms and park benches. Second: the staff. The guy on reception was fantastic, as was the receptionist I encountered last time. They also take the time to explain the concept of the Easy Hotel, so that you know exactly what you're getting. Third, the location. The location is really fantastic. Earl's Court Road is less than five minutes walk away, and it has the tube station and plenty of restaurants, shops, take-aways, etc. There's also the infamous 24 hour Tescos that's only 24-hours Monday to Saturday, but when they are open, they have a fantastic range of take-away foods, a coffee bar, a bakery, etc. A five minute walk in the opposite direction will bring you to Kensington High Street (highly recommended) and from there into Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park.

But where the hotel really let me down on this occasion was the cleanliness. I think I stayed in room 121. I will upload photos, but the shower curtain was so disgusting I tied it up to keep it away from me. Someone had obviously been fake-tanning, and the ends of the curtain were practically Easy Jet orange. There were also strange marks and smears I don't even want to think about. How hard is it to replace a plain white shower curtain? There was also some very strange substance on the bin in the bathroom. In the cold light of day -- i.e. in a room with a window -- the dated, 1970s feel of the room decor seemed worse than it had to me the last time, with wires hanging in plain sight, etc. On its own it probably wouldn't have been that bad, but combined with the health-hazard shower curtain and the unidentifiable substance in the bin, it contributed to an overall impression of dirty.

Furthermore, the last time I stayed was mid-week in February. This was a weekend in June. The price obviously attracts a certain clientele and so on the Saturday night, I had a party going on in the hallway outside my room. Youth hostels are fine if you are expecting to stay in a youth hostel, but I was there on business and needed my sleep.

I will say again that although space-wise, it's fine for 1 person, I don't see how two people could survive sharing the standard room, even if it's a double bed. Considering as well that there was one bath towel and one hand towel, would you also have to share towels with them...? (Seeing as extra towels are extra.)

Overall, the Easy Hotel's prices are right. But although I don't need room service, loads of fluffy towels or breakfast on site, and I'm willing to pay for the extras I do want in exchange for a great rate on a bed for the night, there is one thing I won't compromise on and that's cleanliness. Therefore, I doubt I'll be staying at this Easy Hotel location again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your extended, and very helpful review .I’m glad to hear that our location, rates, friendly and helpful staff were up to your expectations. I would like to apologise for the cleanliness as this is not the standard we pride ourselves in. The standard of cleanliness of the room you have stayed in was carefully reviewed and based on your review all of the flaws were cleared.

We hope that we would be able to welcome you to our hotel in a near future and we would be able to restore your faith in us. Our friendly reception staff is there 24/7 for any enquiries you might have at any point of your stay.

Best regards

Miroslava Matusikova

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Pimlico
Kensington and Hyde Park
Premier Inn London Kensington (Olympia) Hotel
easyHotel London Croydon
#19 of 24 in Croydon

Been to easyHotel London Earls Court? Share your experiences!