“Tiny, but can't beat the value...and CLEAN”

We can't find prices for this hotel
easyHotel London Earls Court
Ranked #545 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Kansas City, Missouri
“Tiny, but can't beat the value...and CLEAN”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice on trips to London. I used to live a few blocks down the street during my time there in an exchange program in college. They neighborhood is great, several decent pubs and eateries, as well as easy access to the tube. You can walk to Hyde Park, the V and A Museum, Natural History Museum, and many other attractions.

As for the rooms, just read the description before you book. If you book "small room, no window," expect just that. The bed literally fills the entire living space aside from where the door swings open. You could wash your hands in the sink while taking a shower if you really wanted to in the bathroom...it is rather cramped. However, for the price near Central London, you really can't beat this place. It was very clean both times, with a comfortable temperature and airflow, and the staff were pleasant.

This place will certainly be a shock if you are expecting the Hilton, but manage expectations, and you will be happy!

Room Tip: be prepared to walk up some stairs!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric K
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review. As you have rightly pointed out, we offer variety of different room types, with full descriptions and photos to allow our guests make well informed decision before the booking.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed there 2 times. First time because I'd experienced Easy hotel in Berlin earlier and was completely satisfied. Now I can assert resolutely - the hotel is too far from the Berlin's one (oh, this is England not Germany, I know). Second time because of money reason and convinient location. In both of the cases I stayed by myself.

First of all about advantages - except the cost, location is very good. There are a few bus stops in close proximity to the hotel with loads of bus routes to different destinations, plus the Earls Court tube startion in 5 minutes walk (especially nice when you're travelling from/to Heathrow).
Also around there a huge Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury's, chip shops, coffeeshops etc.

Staff was nice, responsive and tried to be helpful. Had no problems with them.
Should mention comfy bed & clean bed linen.

Rooms are tiny alhough it never bothers me, I assume people know what they're paying for and the whole thing about pricing.
Rooms with windows (on the road side) give you additional space, just a bit but in that case it's better that nothing.

What I didn't like for sure it was freaking freezing there! I tried to deal with it asking a heater (previously asked to turn up my room in-house heater, but it didn't help), got one, spent mornings quite well, but it didn't look very reliable (or was I being paranoid?), I was afraind of setting a fire and decided it'd be better if I turned it off for nights. So in the morning one woke up a bit frozen.

Secondly the shower curtain was stinking tremendously! It's not that hard to change one. It did spoil the whole first impresson as I came in. In its totality I can't say the hotel looked all that clean and perfectly tidy but OK. Nothing bothered me seriously but curtains.

I think that I'd rather stay in the hotel again but please, pay attention to curtains!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Manager_EC, Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, October 22, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review and share your opinion with other travelers.

We take our guests feedback very seriously and always aim to improve our service.

Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My friend and I stayed hear one night for a concert the next day.
We didn't pay alot for the room, so we didn't expect much!
shower eventually had warm water and the bed was ok, being it in the winter we stayed it wasn't warm so if you stay here in the winter take thermals!
The reception staff did what was required of there job role.
over all its not the worse budget hotel and if your looking for a low cost room in London in a decent part of London i would recommend.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Myself and my team are happy to read that you have found our hotel to be value for money.

I am slightly concerned to read your comments over temperature in the rooms. For your information, we have central heating/cooling systems operating 24/7 at the property. These are controlled from our front desk, where our friendly team will assist you at any time of the day.

We hope to be able to welcome you back during you future London visits.

Wellington
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Now i love this hotel, big fan of the whole cheap hotel only to lay your head down. The rooms are tiny, i'd only stay by myself because i wouldn't be able to fit two people with two bags in here personally. The bathroom is very small and everything is just right for me travelling on my own.

Close to the tube, huge tescos down the road, cute shops 5 min away including nail bar, spa, mcdonalds and everything like that. So that's just perfect, wonderful location and easy to get too.

But ohmygosh take some earplugs because as i type this the people in the room next to me are having sex i can hear and that's no fun when travelling solo. I can hear when they go into the bathroom, i can hear their conversations and i can hear when they come and go from the room. So keep that in mind when booking, but if you're ok with earplugs or putting your tv on, go for it.

Will stay in this hotel many more times when i travel.

Room Tip: 313s door sticks a little, and the walls are very thin. If you have trouble with stairs take a room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kate_adams_1993
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Myself and my team are happy to read that you are a big fan of the overall concept and the value that it provides to our customers.

Thank your for your comments about the room you stayed in, I have already instructed our maintenance officer to action these points.

For further reference, our reception is fully staffed 24/7 and we have full time maintenance support available on site. Should you have any queries during your future stays, simply inform our friendly reception team and we will do our utmost to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hi
I am currently staying in room 59 and I am writing to you as I am freezing in my room, I went two times to your warm and cosy reception and asked if they can turn up my heat but they do it for just an hour then they turn it down again I am really exhausted to go to the reception again and complaint as I was outside the whole day but I will write my complaint on the Internet and also to your management department, I've been in your old street branch many times, didn't have any special problem, but it is the first time here, I will never try another easyhotel again! This ruined my whole experience and I will try to inform as everyone as I can.

Good luck on your energy savings!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Jahanshah
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to read that your stay was not up to our usual standards. I cannot stress enough on how important it is for us to provide comfortable environment for all of our guests.

Entire hotel is heated using central air handling units, one for each floor. Temperatures are set per floor and controlled by our front desk staff. As these are central units, they cool and heat automatically in order to maintain required temperatures on each floor. Following your comments, we had booked service engineers in order to ensure all AC systems are working correctly and to their full capacity. Their report did not show any areas of concern.

We recognise that some guests are more sensitive to temperatures than others, and we also try to keep best balance for everyone. For your convenience, we have portable heaters available at reception, which is staffed 24 hours a day.

We hope to be able to redeem ourselves during your future stays in London.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I once watched an episode of the Amazing Race when they went to Japan and stayed in one of those hotels where the "rooms" were essentially coffin-like beds that got pushed into the walls. Our stay at easyHotel Earls Court was kind of like that. I read the reviews and saw over and over again people saying how small the rooms are. "I don't mind small rooms," I thought. A hobbit would think this room is small. I also didn't know that I would be led to my execution cell - down endless dark stairways, a million stories underground into a teeny tiny closet where if the building collapsed in an earthquake, not even powerful machinery would dig up my body for thousands of years.

We couldn't fit us AND our luggage in the room, so every time we wanted to use the bathroom or leave the room, we'd have to pick up all our stuff and reshuffle everything - it was like playing Tetris with more effort and less fun and no one to check out my high score at the end of it all. People talk about the cost - but $75 (USD) isn't exactly cheap to stay in Gollum's Lair.

I did like how it was very close to the Earls Court tube station and not that far from a lot of attractions - but please only choose to stay here if you're dirt poor and you're half-bat.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, choose the biggest room possible WITH a window. Trust me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrStubbs7
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor. We always aim is to be completely transparent and honest about all of our service and product offerings. We have detailed pictures, descriptions and even sizes of all our room types on our main central website. As you are probably aware already, we offer 8 different room types, available to reserve in accordance of everyone's needs.

I am sorry to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations. On behalf of our team here, we hope we will be able to redeem your trust in our hotel and concept during your future stays in Central London.

Laren, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Location is perfect. Rooms are big and have all the things you need.
Traveling from there is easy to anywhere,
There is a big store next to it where you can buy drinks and food.
We really enjohed our stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cato-Margo
Manager_EC, General Manager at easyHotel London Earls Court, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Myself and my team are happy to see that you have enjoyed our excellent location and your overall stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
easyHotel Old St / Barbican
Hotel Earls Court
#834 of 1,067 in London
Paddington / Maida Vale
Point A Hotel, London Paddington

Been to easyHotel London Earls Court? Share your experiences!