From check in to check out the team at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate made our experience wonderful. Upon arrival we were informed of an upgrade to a larger suite by a friendly and welcoming young lady at check in, it was roomy and well equipped. We enjoyed a welcome fruit arrangement in the living room as well as a basket of lovely snacks and staples in the kitchen. They even stocked the refrigerator with milk, eggs, and butter! They also include bottled water daily.
Vasi, the butler, was helpful and well informed. The concierge staff was absolutely amazing - Alex and Nelson in particular. They were a wealth of information and could not have been more friendly or helpful. We ordered room service and also enjoyed breakfast in the library. Room service food was just okay but service was prompt, library meals were excellent but a little pricey if it is not included in your package. Butler staff in the library were wonderful and attentive. The suite was serviced multiple times during the day. Housekeeping staff was excellent and our accommodations were spotless.
The hotel location was excellent - just a few minutes walk to Buckingham Palace and Big Ben & Westminster Abbey. St. James tube station two minute walk away, Victoria station 10 minute walk. My daughter and I felt comfortable by ourselves, even walking back from the theater (Wicked at the Apollo Victoria) at 10 pm - it took about 10 minutes. Just use the same caution you would in any large city.
The only somewhat negative comment I could make is that there was construction during our stay. The noise was limited to day time and minimal and a slight detour at the entrance was required. Did not diminish our visit in any way but if you have difficulty walking it may be a small issue for you.
I read so many positive Tripadvisor reviews before booking this hotel - believe them. Our experience was absolutely great and although the hotel itself was excellent the staff truly helped make our vacation memorable. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites And Residences London, England