“Great few days”

Ranked #4 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great few days”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great place to stay in a great location.
Staff were fantastic and helped us with theatre and restaurant bookings as well as making some excellent recommendations, including Quilon which is just next door..
We were also automatically upgraded which was fab. The rooms are great with a fully equipped kitchen.
Also mini Masala Dosa's on the room service menu!!!
The SPA was superb or so my wife tells me ;-)
Tip: Check laterooms for some bargains on this one...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words, which I look forward to sharing with all the team.

I hope to be able to welcoming you back soon.

Araceli Rius-Perez - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a two week stay at 51 Buckingham Gate, my second at the property. Everything, and everyone was very, very warm, friendly, welcoming throughout the stay. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was really, really large and well fitted out in an old-school way... the only one hitch was that the bathroom was a bit too old-school at times with the plumbing (toilet did not flush properly, and tub did not drain). The television could use an upgrade as well. Apart from that, just cannot fault this place...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at the Taj 51 Buckingham Gate, and was disappointed to read that there were some issues with the Bathroom in your suite, I am glad to say these issues have now been rectified.

We are also looking at upgrading the TV’s for our suites.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel 3 to 5 times per year or the past 8 years. Many changes have taken place (improving already wonderful service) and has made this hotel a real pleasure to visit. The staff have nearly become family.
One can always expect wonderful service and very wonderful staff.
At the moment the Kings section is undergoing refurbishment so rooms are in demand.

51 Is one of the best kept secrets in London and Araceli and her staff will always make sure you have a special stay. This is a highly recommended hotel but a wonderful location.

Room Tip: All rooms are special
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I’m delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy The Taj 51 Buckingham gate as a long-standing and loyal guest.

May I thiank you for your feedback, particularly with regards to the service you have experienced from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

My Best Regards

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited London to meet our two daughters who live in Bristol and Portsmouth. We have had the most wonderful weekend. We felt so at home and welcomed by the staff. Suites are spacious and luxurious. We enjoyed breakfast in the library as we could relax and have quiet quality family time. Highly recommend. Hope to return.

Stayed February 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, the staff exquisite, the whole place exudes style and sophistication. The staff are beyond helpful and extremely attentive. We were given an upgrade because it was my mothers 60th birthday. The rooms were immense and had everything you could possibly need and more! Will definitely return - the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Can't wait to return and try the restaurants as we didn't have time on this trip.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your views of your recent stay at 51 Buckingham Gate. My team and I were thrilled you liked your upgraded suite and service you received.

Next time you stay may I suggest you try Quilon, our Michelin Star Indian Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj very soon.

My Best Regards

Coral Gables
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is truly a 5* hotel. Just came back from a 3 days stay in London on my way back to NYC from Mumbai. Cannot say enough of how extraordinary our stay was. We have stay in various 5* hotels in London but none come close to the excellent service this hotel provides. The Staff was very attentive and professional and always took care of your requests in a timely manner.
The hotel has a privileged location close to many historical sites, shops, banks and Tube Station.
We stayed in a 2 bedrooms apartment and it was very well appointed with everything you need. I would definitely recommend this splendid property! On my next trip to London, without a doubt I will stay in 51 Buckingham Gate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate. The team and I are delighted to read that you found our service excellent as well as professional and we very pleased hat you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Araceli - Hotel Manager
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a valentines gift for my ex-finance, who we were both having a difficult time since our son was born.

The hotel is really something special. We were treated brilliantly from the moment we got there up until we left.

The room was absolutely amazing and the room service food was excellent.

I just wish I booked an extra day. We ate at the hotel's Indian restaurant which was a Michelin star, and the food was amazing and very reasonably priced.

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone who likes nice things.

I'm one of those people that can tell if the staff's politeness was authentic....and it definitely was.

I'm proud I picked the right hotel and proud to have stayed in a wonderful hotel

Mr K Kyriacou

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kikimundo
Araceli-London, Manager at Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Mr Kyriacou,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It was so pleasing to read you not only thought our suites were amazing our food was good and my team made you feel most welcome.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj London.