Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$266
galahotels.com
$106
PremierInn.com
1,687 results
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenwasher dryerquilon restaurantjames parkconcierge teamhome away from homest jamesevery eveningroom servicenespresso machineturn down servicewonderful hotelwonderful stayvictoria stationbig bengreen park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My partner and I chose this hotel based on prior trip advisor reviews. I must say they are correct. We spent nine nights at the hotel. We had the one bedroom Kings suite. The suite was nice and roomy. Upon arrival we received a welcome basket and fruit. Thomas and Alex assisted us with most arrangements. The service was spectacular. The suite had a washer/dryer and kitchen!

The highlight of my vacation was meeting Martin, the best sports massage therapist in the world! I mean he is the BEST! You can tell caring about people comes natural for him. He is true healer. I had an awful knot in my shoulder for more than one month. I had 3 massages in my home town with only some relief. After Martin was finished with me, the knot disappeared. I am usually skeptical about getting massages from hotels. I like deep tissue massages. Most hotel therapist do not know the appropriate techniques for healing muscle tightness and knots. I would recommend seeing Martin even if you are not staying at the hotel! If I lived in London he would be my full time therapist. Everyone needs a good massage!

I also recommend staying at this hotel the service we received was excellent. Every staff member was kind and knowledgable. We will definitely be back-Thanks to all of the staff at 51 Buckingham Gate!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Super service from the first moment we arrived. Complimentary newspaper at your own language was a nice surprise. The staff was very helpfull. The location of the hotel was very good but a little bit hard to find for a firstimer because the entrance is in the inner courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank Kari L
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed for three nights in a Kings Junior Sweet. The hotel itself is located off the main road of Buckingham Gate in a beautiful little courtyard. The Crown Plaza hotel is what you will see from Buckingham Gate and the gated entrance for the courtyard is just to the right. Both hotels seem to be associated as you can eat breakfast at either the library of 51 or in the cafe at the Crown Plaza. We got the rate with breakfast included and it was fantastic. Very professional and attentive service in the Library starting with a basket of fresh pastries and a full menu of available hot breakfasts from the kitchen. Do not miss out, it was a perfect start to a long day of touring every day. The hotel staff in general was excellent and attentive. The concierge had long hours and helped us plan our days and evenings. Upon arrival we were showed to our room and given an orientation to the room and area. The room itself was very spacious and way more than we needed. A full living room and kitchen (not kitchenette, a full size eat in kitchen overlooking the church next door). Very clean and modern with an excellent bed. The location of the hotel could not be more central. Very quiet safe neighborhood at night literally a half a block from the palace. Pretty much everything else you would want to see on the short list of destinations was no more than a 10 min walk away. This place is obviously not a low budget option, but the comfort, convenience, and overall feel of the place was well worth it for us on such a short stay.

Room Tip: Kings Junior Suite (located in the kings building), was very spacious with full living room and eat in kitchen. One side looked to courtyard, other to church and london skyline. Old style elevator is slow and only large enough for a few people if those things bother you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank drrobrx
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed in numerous city centre hotels, but this is by far the best balance of location, quality, service, space and price. At check in, I was advised that this is the only Taj Group hotel in Europe, which surprises me, as they would go down a storm in Europe. The main thing that hits you is the quality and service you get here. James, my butler for my stay was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble - but you got the sense that he enjoyed his job, unlike the usual fake pleasantries you usually get. I encourage you to stay here if you are in London, don't be put off by the location, which I think is miles better than the West End or City - a 3 min walk to St James' Park tube then you're in the West End or City in no time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NickHaz
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at the 51 over the last five years, but my experience is always the same...wonderful! My latest visit in September was no different. The staff are the best. Special kudos to the concierge team of Nelson, Alex and Jon, who deftly handle every request I make. They are efficient, knowledgeable and excellent at their jobs. Also, kudos to the butlers, Sergio, Vasi and Thomas. They genuinely make everyone feel welcome and well looked after. On this last trip I asked about renting a wheelchair for my mother, who was overcoming an illness. The 51 said no problem, they would handle it. When we arrived the wheelchair was there ready for her use. The hotel had gone out and bought one especially for her use during her stay! How fabulous is that? And like everything they do, the quality of the wheelchair was top of the line. My mother had several trips to St James Park and by the end of the trip was actually walking more. That's just an example of the detail and care the 51 staff take.
During the trip the weather was lovely in London and we sat outside and had the most wonderful lunch in the courtyard, which looked lovely with the flowers and foliage. Hard to believe that you are in the centre of London as it is such a quiet location.
The beautiful rooms, welcoming staff,delicious food, and great location all serve to make the 51 the ideal "home from home" and I can't wait to go home again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family