“Impeccable Service”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #4 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family stayed in two suites at the hotel in July during a trip to Europe. We had a wonderful stay with impeccable service. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate any of our needs. The hotel is very centrally located and the staff made it a perfect stay in London. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at 51 Buckingham gate for 3 nights in August. This is a very unique property very close to Buckingham palace and features everything you would expect from a Taj property - great service, great hospitality, great food, great room and wonderful amenities. Some unique features about the hotel are that they are adjacent to the Crowne Plaza (also owned by the Taj group) and share a wonderful courtyard that features a restaurant with outdoor seating. They also have kitchenettes and laundry facilities inside the rooms (a plus if you are traveling with family etc.). Just to give people a taste of the level of service here - we requested a late check out and despite our room being occupied that day, the staff arranged for another room to be cleaned for us to stay for the afternoon to accomodate our request. Amazing service!

Highly recommend the Taj to anyone travelling to London. I plan on coming back soon!

Room Tip: We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was a great room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with all the services you could need. Perfectly located in London. Small rooms but comfortable and well stocked. Room service was fast and tasty.
We will certainly be back on our next London visit
Thanks a million

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This has to be the most incredible experience I've ever had. Wonderful staff, very discrete and always on hand; fantastic suite/apartment, with everything you would need; great atmosphere; brilliant location and I really wish I had a butler of my own at home!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently stayed at these amazing suites for my Birthday. If you want to stay in a beautifully equipped Suite complete with it's own living area, Kitchen, huge bathroom complete with luxury toiletries,and a bedroom with a huge bed then this hotel has to be first choice.
The service from check in until we checked out was second to none. Staff were discreet but always on hand. Nothing was too much trouble as you would expect from a hotel of this quality.
The hotel is via the most fabulous courtyard which has an outdoor dining area and bar. I was mixed the most fabulous cocktails (which by the way came with a platter of nibbles) and the staff were friendly and very welcoming.
Upon going up to our suite, we were greeted by a butler who attended to everything and showed us all the features of the suite which are many. I mentioned to my partner I needed some Ice and within a couple of minutes a bucket of Ice was in situ with the suite. Fresh fruit was also on display which was a nice touch. Maid service came and did a bed turn down, which included chocolates on the pillows and a nice relaxing spray for the pillows to help you sleep.
The beds are amazingly comfortable and have excellent mattresses.There was no noise during sleeping hours which is very important. The bathrooms are well equipped with every amenity you could wish for including a huge TV above the bath. Breakfast was served in our suite and the choice and quality fantastic.
We had afternoon tea in the library which was utterly divine and plentiful. So many nice little touches that make up for a fabulous stay. Location is a stones throw away from Buckingham Palace and all the central London attractions.
If you want and expect the best both in luxury and service, then 51 is the perfect choice. I felt utterly spoilt and like royalty. Staff seemed genuinely happy in their job, no fake smiles. Just the right amount of politeness and friendliness that you would expect without being obtrusive.
Overall a fantastic weekend, a beautiful Hotel and I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Strongly recommend this hotel which has helpful and friendly staff . Walking distance for Westminster Abbey and other excursions, great location for Victoria Rail Station which is a mainline central hub and quiet despite being in such a central location

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had never heard of this place before and came across it online when looking for a luxury hotel in London for my partner's special birthday. Having considered other luxury London hotels (Claridges, Savoy etc) my partner decided on 51 Buckingham Gate and I was keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't disappoint. I booked through a 3rd party website and went for a junior suite for 2 nights.

On arrival, there was a bit of confusion with check in as my partner arrived before I did and the booking was in my name - this was resolved and he had already made himself comfortable by the time I had arrived. I hadn't realised but we were also upgraded on check in to a full suite which was a pleasant surprise.

The suite had it's own living area, equipped kitchen, wardrobes, and enormous marbled bathroom, and a big bedroom. The only think the suite lacked was natural light - there were windows in the bedroom but the light was blocked by walls.

I would have never guessed that this gem of a building was where it is. The approach to the hotel is via the fabulous courtyard which is a good social area for drinks and nibbles. The weather that weekend (July 12th & 13th) was glorious and we were able to sit outside and share a bottle of wine or two on a sunny Saturday afternoon

There were some really nice touches too by the staff, a hand written welcome card in our suite on arrival, some complimentary chocolate treats and a card of apology for the confusion on check in, lovely breakfast service in the library....

We had a fabulous weekend taking in a bit of shopping, a visit to the Opera and relaxing at the hotel and took in a fully body massage on the Sunday morning before checking out! I would thoroughly recommend this place for a luxury weekend break.

We hope to return again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple