This is a very overdue review for our stay at 51 Buckingham Gate in October 2012. Everything about the hotel was perfect. We visited with our two young children, aged 4 years and 7 months and we wanted a place that was convenient, had a kitchen, and had enough room for us to not feel cramped after a week long stay in London. It was a perfect place to stay with kids. First of all, the very nice concierge stocked our kitchen with bread, milk, eggs, orange juice, tea and coffee, biscuits etc. Breakfast was included in our price so we ended up eating in the dining room most days. On the second day we realized that in addition to the regular menu, there is a special "Indian breakfast" each day. It was invariably delicious. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating of our children. They seemed to genuinely care if we were comfortable and made sure our children enjoyed the food as well. Afternoon tea in the dining room was actually quite nice as well.
The location was perfect--easy access to the Tube, a quick walk to St James Park (the dining room staff gave our daughter a bag of bread to feed the ducks), and a stone's throw from Buckingham palace.
The apartment itself was very comfortable. It was not quite as high end appearing as other Taj properties we've stayed at, but it is spacious, clean, comfortable, and the bathrooms and kitchen were very nice.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment and it was probably bigger than we'd be living in if we actually lived in London! The wifi was fast and easy to access. The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, plates, and utensils. It truly felt like a home away from home and we would certainly try to stay here on any future trips to London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, DerbySoftTaj, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites And Residences London, England