I have recently stayed at the hotel on a 2 night business trip to London. I selected the hotel on the excellent reviews and outstanding comments around customer service and the light and discreet approach of the staff.
First impressions - well a challenge for the black cab find and the entrance of the hotel was not obvious - no great discomfort, but an annoyance with the additional wait to be collected. Check in was painless and efficient, the 'to door' assistance helpful, though the potted history and the stay until you enter your room a little obtrusive. It was a long day.
A complementary room upgrade to a two bedroom suite was very welcome. The rooms, decoration and detail were very good, with the overall space and detail furnishing excellent. The desk was a little small however; the dining table had ample room for work. Quality bath/shower products and excellent Nespresso coffee were a nice touch.
I ordered room service, and selected food from the 'Michelin' starred Quilon restaurant – underwhelming and served in ‘desert’ bowls with cling film over the top, a microwave? Though the food was flavoursome with the table being set for dining by the very pleasant room service staff, is was underwhelming, I have tasted better as less exalted restaurants.
I took complementary drinks (soft/water) in the library with a few canapés to break up the evening and enjoyed a few moments of relaxation is a very pleasant environment. No breakfast or evening meal on second day – early to work, eating out.
Room cleanliness and housekeeping were very professional job with room cleanliness and turndown service.
Concierge was help and expedient with requests and taxi’s. Check out relatively simple and painless. Overall, this is a very nice hotel, one which I would possible consider as the larger suites do provide opportunity for more relaxed meetings and discussions in the ‘homely’ environment of the living/lounge spaces.
However, in my opinion, this is a hotel for tourists and those that are looking for the ‘extra’ touch with a ‘vacation/holiday’ stay. For business, it was good, but not outstanding – maybe a more relaxed approach (certainly for this businessman) would take the strain out of a busy day. Would I return, possibly, but only a possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, DerbySoftTaj, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites And Residences London, England