“Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous”

Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
Ranked #7 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have recently returned from London after spending three fabulous days at the Taj. We were upgraded to the Prime Minister's Suite, and it was fantastic and HUGE. The staff were exceptional and were extremely considerable and helpful with my 6 and 8 year old children. Erol in the breakfast room even packed some pastries for my children to take for morning tea. Alex, John and Nelson were so helpful at the Conceirge desk, and booked tour tickets, arranged a babysitter at short notice, provided advice on what to visit and what to give a miss, taking into consideration the ages of my children, I can't thank them enough. All the staff were friendly and polite, and made us feel so welcome. I can highly recommend this property, and will definitely return when I am next in London, which I hope is sooner rather than later.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Horgan88

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here in December for 1 night, a Xmas treat. Location was great. Service exceptional, room huge, comfy beds, nice sheets, great bathroom. Nothing too much for the staff. Don't miss breakfast, prob the best I've ever had.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jade12345
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Short walk from Victoria and even shorter from St James' Park. Amazingly quiet. Great junior suite with more than I could ask for. The staff were tremendously welcoming and friendly throughout. 5 minutes from the Houses of Parliament.....complimentary cocktails.........complimentary coffee brought to your room in the morning which you don't need because there is a Nespresso machine. I put out my shoes for cleaning and they came back like new.

My only regret? I was working and didn't get to spend enough time there. i will remedy that with my wife later in the year........

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Turntheheatdown
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The moment I entered the gates of 51 Buckingham Gate, I felt solace from the hectic pace of London. As an avid lover of beautiful architecture, I found myself admiring the impressive Victorian-Edwardian stonework that has been restored to its original magnificence, certainly a hidden gem within the area between Buckingham Palace and Westminster Cathedral. Interestingly the masterwork was not created by an architect, but by English Major Charles Pawley.
I was led up to the Junior Suite, spacious at 51 sq. Mt, with an open plan kitchen that included a full sized washing machine, cooker, fridge, coffee machine, kettle, all the kitchen equipment one could desire for an overnight stay, and the generous gift of a wholefoods hamper that included every item you could possibly need for your overnight stay including: – tea, coffee, milk, eggs, biscuits, cereal, and so much more. Many of the items were organic.
The living room included a sofa, a desk, flat screen TV, and plenty of reading materials. The bathroom was delightfully spacious with a separate shower, and for those who love to relax, the generous sized bathtub will not disappoint. Every amenity is supplied in the bathrooms at 51 Buckingham Gate, so you do not have to worry if you have forgotten an item. Staying in a residence or suite, rather than a hotel room surely must be experienced to be believed at how restful and rejuvenating one feels following just one nights stay, or perhaps even from the moment of arrival a restful wave of relaxation calmed the frantic pace of London from my system in about five or ten minutes. The plush bed offered the most pleasant nights sleep that I had experienced away from home in a long time. The beautiful luxurious soft furnishings imbue the suite with a subtle tranquillity that greatly enhanced my stay. Every detail was taken care of including the provision of a yoga mat alongside Taj Yoga cards, which sincerely delighted me, as I unrolled the mat to stretch all tensions out of my body with my familiar yoga routine, and then spent some time studying the wonderful incomparable yoga cards depicting asana poses in greater detail, including some poses I had not seen before.
51 Buckingham Gate is certainly one of the top five star hotels that I have visited in London. The suite can be booked for £285 for a King Size bed or Twin beds. The breakfast inclusive rate is £325.00.
The Spa offers many lovely treatments using Anne Semonin products, including luxurious oils and scrubs. My attentive therapist commenced with an initial consultation to ensure the treatment was perfect for my skin type, and that any concerns were addressed. Interestingly the scrub was made with sand, and was gently invigorating, preparing my skin to receive the oil massage, which followed. Particular attention can be applied to certain areas, so for myself, extra focus was placed upon my shoulders and back, relieving all tension from these areas. I was almost too relaxed to rise from the massage couch, and once I emerged from the therapy room, I felt much lighter with a spring in my step.
For dinner on the evening of my stay, I chose in-room dining, and in particular the gourmet menu. I was delighted to find some interesting vegetarian dishes on the menu. For starter I chose a wonderful salad of smoked mozzarella, rocket, herbs, walnut, with caper dressing and for my main course I opted for the cheese fondue with pan-fried potatoes, red peppers, tomato and spinach. For ‘dessert’ I ordered the cheese platter which included Cornish yarg, ragstone goats cheese, Cornish brie, Cropwell bishop stilton, black bomba cheese with apricot, jelly, nuts, grapes and biscuits. Cuisine at 51 Buckingham Gate is a gourmet delight of supreme flavours that you remember with wistful thoughts days beyond the enjoyment of your meal.
The service is impeccable, and every need catered to with sincere attention to resolve and deliver each and every request.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Sarahelianarose
Reviewed January 22, 2013

i recomend 51 Buckingham gate because the people are very nice and they have good service.
it also has good rooms,very helpful directions,and very good advice on where to go. there where no parties so i got good sleep. it has good movies for adults and kids. they also had popcorn and an electric stove. like i said before every one is nice. also its great for a family vacation. my family has 3 kids a 13 year old, a 9 year old, and a 4 year old and the people were so nice to the 4 year old they evan gave her free cookies. and one time we got upgraded to a jaguar sweet it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed one night on the weekend, when we were upgraded to a huge suite. The service was a class apart, from the canapes and drinks in the library to room service for breakfast by way of popcorn and DVDs in the room. And for us a major benefit was the Bikram Yoga just opposite so we could feel good about burning off some of the indulgence on Sunday morning.

Room Tip: Tricky to make a recommendation - as with luck they will upgrade, however ask for a room facing the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim w w
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Got treated to a fantastic night away by my boyfriend and I have to say, what a service! From the moment you arrive, the staff were more than attentive. Its the little touches that did it for me. From bringing us breakfast to our suite to even asking what popcorn we wanted with our dvd! This is definitely one to impress and a perfect get away with your partner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple