So the odd thing about the Taj at 51 Buckingham Gate is it's multiple buildings around a courtyard, and it doesn't exactly feel like a hotel. This can be a good thing if you're not looking for a Dorchester/Grosvenor House experience, and on nice days it was pleasant eating breakfast in the courtyard. However we found the courtyard a little disturbing because they had live events in it each night that were really quite loud (music, loudspeakers), and didn't end till after 10. If the weather is bad/in winter, you're eating breakfast in quite a cramped but well-appointed 'library,' which seats about 50 or so, so it's intimate, but feels a bit crammed.
The service was excellent, like most Taj's we've visited. The gym was in the basement and ok, not fabulous. There is an indian restaurant on site that has a michelin star and is absolutely incredible.
The location is fine, it's not Knightsbridge or Mayfair, if that's where you want, but surprisingly central despite that. Overall we enjoyed our stay, but would definitely ask for a room that didn't give onto the courtyard (or find out what events were planned during a visit).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites And Residences London, England